//ArrowChat Code
Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: 200x

JesseA420 is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerFirst time rider
    --
    Quote Originally Posted by AK47KID View Post
    well acceptably clean
    nope. one of those little pieces of corrosion chips off and there u have another clogged jet. you dont have to specifically use the pinesol, just use a safe solvent and get it all out.

Watford city, North Dakota United States "THE BAKKEN" / Lebanon, Oregon United states.
    --
    Could I use the bowl from a spare carb that goes to a 185/200s?

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
    Saying "it's the trikes fault" is like saying "guns kill people"
    don't poke the bear... you'll get banned

plevib is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    Maybe if it fits. But that one should clean up alright! Hey make sure you get some footage of it when you take it out riding! Some of These guys may disagree but these machines were made to ride, not be polished and admired! (that'll ruffle some feathers haha) but get some footage of that thing barking! I just got a dg for my 200x build and I want to know what it'll sound like!

Watford city, North Dakota United States "THE BAKKEN" / Lebanon, Oregon United states.
    --
    Quote Originally Posted by plevib View Post
    Maybe if it fits. But that one should clean up alright! Hey make sure you get some footage of it when you take it out riding! Some of These guys may disagree but these machines were made to ride, not be polished and admired! (that'll ruffle some feathers haha) but get some footage of that thing barking! I just got a dg for my 200x build and I want to know what it'll sound like!
    I plan on polishing it. This will more than likely be a sand only bike. I've got a 200 autox project that I plan on using for dirt trail ridding. Them fork tunes are just screaming to be polished. All in all it takes time and money. Like the foot pegs, they need to be sand blasted and repainted. Maybe cerakote/powder coated if I got the money. The six pack rack I want to take off and save for looks. So I'll be in the market for an after market or original grab bar. Hopefully if I can before dark clean it and post some pics. I need to get some practice on polishing.

--
    The front axle has NO grease. (At leased I hope it's grease and not bearings) How do I take this axle out to grease it? I've never dealt with the bolts and axle cover style before.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by AK47KID View Post
    The front axle has NO grease. (At leased I hope it's grease and not bearings) How do I take this axle out to grease it? I've never dealt with the bolts and axle cover style before.

Have you downloaded a manual yet?
    Feedback for yaegerb: Click Here

Need something blasted or polished or both? Send me a PM

--
    No, I was going to look when I had the chance

--
    download from the following link.

http://www.oscarmayer.net/atc/manuals/
    Feedback for yaegerb: Click Here

Need something blasted or polished or both? Send me a PM

Mackus84 is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    ^^^^ Yaeger is right. If youre going to be working on it. You absolutely NEED the manual. Takes 2 minutes to download. Ive completely disassembled and rebuilt(almost finished) my entire 85 200X with the manual. Piece of cake. Only with some stuff not covered in the manual, i come here for help. And alot of these guys are awesome and a huuuge help. I havent NOT gotten a solution to every issue ive come across to date. Just follow all the instructions closely and youll be in good shape. And honestly, if youre taking out the axle and doing all that good stuff. Why not replace all the bearings and seals. Theyre cheap. I used All Balls for every bearing in my bike. The front axle ones were like 20 some odd dollars. If that.
    PS. When getting the axle out of the front hub. Dont mar up the threads!!!!!! I put the nut flush with the end and got mine out that way. And mine was a complete and total basket case when i got her. And shes coming along nicely
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20160421_230623.jpg 
Views:	42 
Size:	2.39 MB 
ID:	230930
    Last edited by Mackus84; 04-26-2016 at 12:14 PM.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by oldskool83 View Post
    That is not a clean carb....thats a half assed attempted at a kid cleaning a carb not knowing WTF he is doing.

Soak the carb in pinesolve for 30 mins to an 3 hours. It will eat everything off it and it will cost you $5. I do this with all my carbs...much longer it will eat the metal. Do no soak your slide or anything made from carbon steal. It will rust it with in about 5 mins.

Rinse off in hot water with dish soap, let dry and install few hours or next day later. You will want a new carb seal also. That one is just too old anymore and if you pull it out it will not seal correctly again.

Soak the brass jets and aluminum only, nothing else. Rest just use carb clearner and compressed air. Also once its back together never let it sit with gas in in the bowls. Drain it out and always run fuel cleaner in every tank. Gas goes bad after 2 weeks now days. Installed a fuel filter also...I sell them down to 150 microns. Use clear fuel lines and you should be golden.

Follow my directions and you will be fine. Do not follow them and well then I give no F*cks what happens.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/401080867868...84.m1555.l2649
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/121942441009...84.m1555.l2649

Trust me...been doing this for 26 years.......
    How do I tell what is and what's not carbon steel? My slide is stainless steel. I forgot to mention the original owner put a twist throttle on.

--
    I use these for filters. What's your guys' take on them?

--
    Quote Originally Posted by plevib View Post
    I plan on getting a video of it idling with a couple revvs then taking it for a ride with my go pro

--
    no carb parts are stainless steel they are all plated carbon steal but if you don't know that throw it all in and let it rust up.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by oldskool83 View Post
    no carb parts are stainless steel they are all plated carbon steal but if you don't know that throw it all in and let it rust up.
    I did throw it all in, it's cleaning up nicely. Nothing is rusting. The slide is after market.

--
    go clean your room after your done too.

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //