//ArrowChat Code

Thread: Picked up a 84 200x, carb question..

BiGDawG is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --

Picked up a 84 200x, carb question..

So i was told it has a new carb.. it's a jiluni or something along that line and i cannot get it running, i been looking on ebay and wondering if i would be better off getting a mikuni carb or trying to find a original. has spark and getting air but don't seem to be getting gas
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2016-04-05 17.27.35.jpg 
Views:	21 
Size:	1.38 MB 
ID:	230899

--
    please remove the carb and post a pic. we need to know the exact model and style carb.

remove the jets and put keihin jets in it 40 pilot and 110 main.

check the float valve, and height.

BiGDawG is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    I'll pull it tomorrow, and idk if it make's a difference but it has a super trap exhaust and they drilled holes in the air box lid but i'm gonna get a new lid.

--
    Been super busy but i got a few pictures of the carb today haven't had time to pull it yet.

Name:	2016-04-28 19.09.47.jpg 
Views:	11 
Size:	1.05 MB 
ID:	231026Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2016-04-28 19.09.32.jpg 
Views:	17 
Size:	1,005.0 KB 
ID:	231027Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2016-04-28 19.09.19.jpg 
Views:	9 
Size:	1.36 MB 
ID:	231028

Watford city, North Dakota United States "THE BAKKEN" / Lebanon, Oregon United states.
    --
    Have you taken it out yet and looked at It? I just got a 200x that's been sitting since 2009

That was before I cleaned my carb

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
    Saying "it's the trikes fault" is like saying "guns kill people"
    don't poke the bear... you'll get banned

--
    not yet plan on doing it monday as i work all weekend, but i was told it's a brand new ebay carb that he installed then never adjusted it.. i can't get it to fire no madder how i have the idle screw choked or not.

--
    use a rubberband and holt the throttle open., pull the sparkplug and put your finger over the plug hole. kick it over. if it blows your finger off Easily, then compression is probably not terrible for basic testing.
    I will say I have seen some Chinese carbs be made so poorly that even new they will not run a motor. get a 26mm mikuni off ebay. they usually run around $70-$80 shipped and you can get tons of jets for them. Tell the seller it needs to be jetted for a 200cc motor.

once you know you have a good carb, then you can trouble shoot. test the spark by taking a pair of long needle nose and holding the sparkplug to the engine fins and kick it, do you see a strong blue spark? if it is small and slight, then you may have an electrical issue as well. change the plug out first as I have seen bad plugs. next unscrew the plug boot end and cut about 1/2" off the plug wire and re-screw the boot on tight. it will be a little tuff to start but will be a solid connection. see if spark improves.

Nearly every kind of Honda ATC (plus some custom ones
    several Yami Quads (mostly custom built for MX racing)

https://www.mikesatvfix.com

"Freedom is not free...but the U.S. Marine Corps will pay most of your share."

--
    well for some reason i have the weekend off so i will try the spark plug trick, I've check spark it's good

--
    Well i feel stupid if i would of just took it off the trike and looked at it first.. was fairly clean but i went ahead and cleaned it anyway, the issue was the choke was stuck open due to the clip used on the gas line once i moved that and got the choke working i put it back together kicked it a few times adjusted the idle screw and it fired right up

Name:	2016-05-03 16.23.07.jpg 
Views:	8 
Size:	1.83 MB 
ID:	231211Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2016-05-03 16.30.32.jpg 
Views:	6 
Size:	1.67 MB 
ID:	231212
    https://youtu.be/rVBrhshLH5E

--
    Awesome!! Good job!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nearly every kind of Honda ATC (plus some custom ones
    several Yami Quads (mostly custom built for MX racing)

https://www.mikesatvfix.com

"Freedom is not free...but the U.S. Marine Corps will pay most of your share."

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //