//ArrowChat Code
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Input on 1986 200x

--
    ^^ it's made by "PRM"
    No trikes. Too old, too crippled. Unless I find one I can't live without!
    "You cant fix stupid" ~ Ron White
    My feeback link: http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthr...ack-for-Thorpe

--
    Congratulations on your purchase. Is your carbon a factory keihn or a Chinese replacement now?The reason I ask is most of those Chinese carbs appear to be based of a 185 or 200s carb which will make it run/idle, but lose some performance .I had that problem with my 85 x ,and my buddies 86x. Once we put factory carbs back on there was a big difference in the power. Do yourself a favor and rebuild the factory one.

250ES5984 is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerFirst time rider
    --
    Quote Originally Posted by Madman Racing View Post
    Congratulations on your purchase. Is your carbon a factory keihn or a Chinese replacement now?The reason I ask is most of those Chinese carbs appear to be based of a 185 or 200s carb which will make it run/idle, but lose some performance .I had that problem with my 85 x ,and my buddies 86x. Once we put factory carbs back on there was a big difference in the power. Do yourself a favor and rebuild the factory one.
    I'm new to the 200x, so I'm still unsure about some things. What is the stock size Keihn carb? I know I've read somewhere on round slides and some other type of slide. What's the difference? I know there's a thread on here somewhere, but I don't have time right now to find it. Kinda just want a "nutshell" idea on the slides.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

--
    Quote Originally Posted by 250ES5984 View Post
    Yes, it moves freely, but no there's no spring
    Well there is your problem. I dont know where you can get the springs. Someone else will have to chime in on that

These specs are off of the oldsite.

Carburetion 24 mm Keihin
    1982 big red
    1974 atc 90
    Life is hard, but its harder if you're stupid - John Wayne

--
    I second the Chinese carb issues. My 87 had one when I bought it, would start, idle and run, but lacked power. I put the smallest jet I had, a 142 I think, and it made a HUGE difference. Otherwise, I really don't have an issue with the Chinese carb.
    nstyle73

"When in doubt, wind it out"

Feedback: http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthr...k-for-nstyle73

--
    Another thing I didn't think about, when you pull up on the lever, does it turn the choke on? Or is it the opposite. This is my first 200x and I have never had much time around them.

--
    Yes choke is up, stock carb is easily rebuildable. Go to keihn, I think, website they will have an exploded view of the carb. I don't do links.Shindy sells rebuild kits, maybe they have a diagram.Jetsrus.com........jets. Manual has all specs......24 or 26mm carb.

--
    Thanks, so I may actually have no carb issues other than it bogging itself down at full throttle. Plan on rebuilding anyway just in case.

--
    Suddco may sell that spring; They have a 25$ minimum so grab a set of floats and the float needle, maybe some jets??

IDK if they sell a rebuild kit together or in pieces. Shindy works great.

I've seen MOOSE have the wrong air screw threads....
    All our government does is distract us while they steal from us, misspend our tax $ and ruin our country

--
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirtcrasher View Post
    Suddco may sell that spring; They have a 25$ minimum so grab a set of floats and the float needle, maybe some jets??

IDK if they sell a rebuild kit together or in pieces. Shindy works great.

I've seen MOOSE have the wrong air screw threads....
    Will probably check on the Suddco parts. What or who is Shindy?

--
    I also need to know what the tool is called that has to be used to tighten the chain. Spanner maybe?

--
    Anyone? I'm gonna get pic of it tomorrow and post. Does anyone know a reputable mechanic anywhere between north alabama and central Kentucky? My grandfather bought some land up in Munfordville and he will be back and forth, and I will be up that way some.

loganm is offline Competing with a gnat in reading comprehension. Current winner: Gnat. Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    Is it broke -> no
    |
    |
    Don't fix it

Proceed to ride the piss out of it

--
    Quote Originally Posted by loganm View Post
    Is it broke -> no
    |
    |
    Don't fix it

Proceed to ride the piss out of it
    Speaking from experience with my sx, I want to fix the oil leak and smoking problem before something else happens. Considering that I don't have any knowledge of engines and no one to help me, I need to get someone to work on it. I understand. The "if it's not broke, don't fix it" but in my eyes, if something isn't running right, it's broken.

As of right now, I am riding the piss out of it!!

--
    Shindy carb rebuild kits on ebay. I always used a medium length 3/8 extension or a piece of rebar or a long bolt to pry the chain tight. Whatever could be found. Thinking the 86 200x tool kit had a 6 inch piece of 3/8 round metal rod in it that may be the tool you are in search of. Not really anything special. You could wrap the roundstock with electrical tape to prevent marring the adjuster.

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //