//ArrowChat Code

Thread: Flooded

ArizonaATC is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerFirst time rider
    --

Flooded

Help me out guys i just finished putting the new steering bearings in and all is good with that i think, but i put my throttle cable threw the wrong place and when i turned left it would strain the cable and make it rev, so no big deal i took apart the throttle box and finally got the end unhooked after probably pumping excessive gas into the engine from pulling on the wire for some slack to work with, rearranged it put it all back together and fired it up and as soon as it starts it revs to atleast half throttle or more, i half to shut it off before it goes further, does this mean the carb float bowl is overfull?

rustyhondas is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    Opening and closing the throttle does not flood it, these things don't have a accelerator
    Pump,

a flooded condition is from a piece of junk holding the float valve needle open , or worn out float needle , or bent float
    And when this happens it doesn't start good or not and all and runs like crap.

What you have is a throttle cable routing problem still,or cable adjustment issue,
    Or the carb slide is not lined up with its pin in the carb body and its hung open.
    86 atc 250r
    85 atc 70
    84 atc 200s
    05 650 rincon
    06 400at rancher
    93 lt80
    02 kx65

--
    Quote Originally Posted by rustyhondas View Post
    Opening and closing the throttle does not flood it, these things don't have a accelerator
    Pump,

a flooded condition is from a piece of junk holding the float valve needle open , or worn out float needle , or bent float
    And when this happens it doesn't start good or not and all and runs like crap.

What you have is a throttle cable routing problem still,or cable adjustment issue,
    Or the carb slide is not lined up with its pin in the carb body and its hung open.
    thank you very much sir! you were right, i just unscrewd the throttle cap on top of the carb and the little needle was sticking, just hauled it out then ut back in.
    also when i did my bearings today i noticed there was a cap that screws on to hold the top bearing in place, you need a special tool it looks like but i managed with just stuff around the barn to get it pretty darn tight, should i worry about this coming loose? also when i took the old bearing out the cap was not on tight at all

rustyhondas is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    I put blue lock tight on mine
    86 atc 250r
    85 atc 70
    84 atc 200s
    05 650 rincon
    06 400at rancher
    93 lt80
    02 kx65

--
    Quote Originally Posted by rustyhondas View Post
    I put blue lock tight on mine
    good idea! if it does come loose thats what il be doing

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //