//ArrowChat Code

Thread: New kid on the block

--

New kid on the block

Just a quick one to say hello, and boost my post count of course bought myself a 1982 Honda 185s ATV a few years back, she's in lovely original condition and barely been ridden by the 2 previous owners, from what I've been told I doubt she's covered more than a couple hundred miles if that, something which I have no reason to doubt given the condition, and I've probably done almost half of those in the last 5/6yrs.

As in my other post, just got her up and running again with a view to selling her, took her for a spin and she's going nowhere way too much fun to give away for peanuts, so you guys better get used to seeing me around here and asking a few stupid questions.

--
    lets see a picture

--
    LgClick image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20160121_152716111.jpg 
Views:	43 
Size:	1.96 MB 
ID:	231073
    Some trouble loading a pic but let's see if this works.

--
    Ok so that worked ok, you can see it better when maximised, well I can on my mac, she's by no means perfect but apart from one leaver, rear view mirror and rear carry rack I added she's as I bought her, she's what we call in the UK an honest example given her age. Pull chord snapped again yesterday (insert 4 letter expletive) so I need to get the manual out and and sort that, I guess it's been 4/5yrs since I replaced it the last time, need to see if I can find some better quality chord or is this a common thing that I need to get used to.

Now I know how to load pics I'll pop out and get a few more.

--
    Here's a few more of the old girl.

Sent from my XT1068 using Tapatalk

--
    She looks good. I'd be proud to own her!

--
    Thanks, yes I quit like it, I think she's a keeper and a fraction of the cost of a Honda quad, which is what attracted me to it in the first place.

--
    Anyone got any suggestions as to where I might buy a rubber gasket/ o ring for my carb float bowl?

--
    Also might sound a bit strange but is there a certain type of pull cord that is stronger / more durable and where I might get it from.

--
    The gasket should still be available from honda, try checking servicehonda.com for availability, and i had rope problems in the past until i looked in the housing where the rope goes through and found it rusty. polished it up with some sandpaper and painted it on the inside, and put in a new double braid rope from honda, no more trouble after that!
    Suicide Hill Survivor

The rides:
    1981 ATC110
    1982 ATC185
    1983 ATC185s
    1984 ATC200es
    1985 ATC200x

When the going gets tough, the tough get sideways

86125m is offline Got The Holeshot Arm chair racerJust too addicted
    --
    We get rope from either home depot or tractor supply double braided nylon if I'm not mistaking. We do not change our rope often maybe once every few years.

--
    Thanks for the reply, I'll have a look on the Honda website.

--
    You could always try ebay. You can get a rebuild kit for not too much money. If you go that way, be careful using the jets in the kit, sometimes they can have the same number as yours and still be a different size. After I found that out, I never use the ones in the kit.

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //