//ArrowChat Code
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: 200x Help!

--
    I havent followed these 200x threads latley so to me it sounds like a dirt in the carb with the backfire situation. Not sure what else causes backfiring on deceleration. A compression check may save you time. Did it ever run right for you? Hope you get it going.

RUNMEDOWN is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    Quote Originally Posted by fieldy View Post
    sounds like a dirt in the carb with the backfire situation. Not sure what else causes backfiring on deceleration.
    Sounds silly but a broken/weak choke valve spring did this to me for a bit on my 110, it looks open when sitting but will suck itself shut and run rich until you let off the gas. I was at wits end with it until I read the same advice on this site somewhere. Use a pull tie to lock the arm open and see if that helps.
    85 ATC110 - The Greatest ATC of all time - (My First - new in 85)
    83 FL250 - Odyssey w/420cc - SOLD
    82 185s -10.25:1 piston, Full 200x upper, Goki Electric start - SOLD
    84 200x - Auto-X - Weisco Hi-comp, Cam'd, Bassani'd, Westcoast swinger, -SOLD
    82 200E Big Red -SOLD
    85 ATC250ES Big Red - Snow Plow !

--
    It back fires during the cruising not deceleration. Choke is open, carb is clean. The only time it ran better is filter less.

--

200x Help!

I'm near Dallas! McKinney actually!

It's going to be something out of the norm, I'm very mechanically inclined and have tried all the normal ideas. I didn't come to y'all before, I've tried almost everything already.

--
    how old is that sparkplug?

Only two reasons for your backfiring on acceleration.

1. Air to fuel mixture incorrect
    2. Electrical issues (timing and/or not enough spark)

Backfire on deceleration, that's a different story.
    Feedback for yaegerb: Click Here

Need something blasted or polished or both? Send me a PM

--
    Not back firing on acceleration either, only constant throttle, cruise control! I'll change the needle then adjust my air/fuel mixture again, but with the exhaust and air box, something is bad or out of place. Hoping the needle or seat is bad, that way I know it was something beside normal tuning. Spark plug has 10-15 mins riding time

--
    I'll check timing, I also think that may be a cause!

--
    Quote Originally Posted by jkg2003 View Post
    Not back firing on acceleration either, only constant throttle, cruise control! I'll change the needle then adjust my air/fuel mixture again, but with the exhaust and air box, something is bad or out of place. Hoping the needle or seat is bad, that way I know it was something beside normal tuning. Spark plug has 10-15 mins riding time

uh, constant throttle is acceleration....you have to keep momentum somehow.
    Feedback for yaegerb: Click Here

Need something blasted or polished or both? Send me a PM

--
    Your dumping fuel into the engine. Are you sure the jet is correct? I know I have resized jets track side for my son's racing quad and made noted on the box. Try getting s known sided jet and put that in there. Also is the choke working properly. If choke is letting extra fuel by it will also cause this.

Only other thing,
    Are you blowing smoke when it runs? If you are it could be some oil too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nearly every kind of Honda ATC (plus some custom ones
    several Yami Quads (mostly custom built for MX racing)

https://www.mikesatvfix.com

"Freedom is not free...but the U.S. Marine Corps will pay most of your share."

--
    What about float level, has it been checked? Put a piece of clear tubing on the bowl drain nipple, route it upwards, and open the bowl drain screw. The fuel should come up in the tube, and end up about level or a little bit lower than the float bowl flange.
    1985 Tri-Z 250
    1985 ATC250R

loganm is offline Competing with a gnat in reading comprehension. Current winner: Gnat. Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    If it's rich have you tried just going down in main jet size? Do the obvious things first and note what happens before you get into any nut job theories.

tripledog is offline I could be geriatricdog... at my age Got the holeshot
    --
    Quote Originally Posted by jkg2003 View Post
    I understand, but there isn't a spark issue, exhaust not the issue. The filter is oiled, will put a new moose filter on it tomorrow with the needle.
    The moose filters are great. They will also help to keep elk out of your engine.

--

200x Help!

I am at a 102 main jet, tried that first, float level hasn't been checked, is there a way to adjust the plastic floats, only reason I didn't check it. No considerable smoke, only a slight puff at start up.

--
    No adjusting plastic floats. The needle may be bad.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nearly every kind of Honda ATC (plus some custom ones
    several Yami Quads (mostly custom built for MX racing)

https://www.mikesatvfix.com

"Freedom is not free...but the U.S. Marine Corps will pay most of your share."

--
    Quote Originally Posted by tripledog View Post
    The moose filters are great. They will also help to keep elk out of your engine.
    I heard they will keep caribou out as well!

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //