//ArrowChat Code
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Flat track

--
    Do you guys like wider handlebars bars for ft. The KXT i own looks like it was raced and it has 35" bars like they came off a kx but they are bent. I want start looking for some better ones. Origional KXT bar width is around 31.5".

--
    I think most of the guys I race with like them a little wider. I am running some steel bars that I got somewhere that are wider and a low bend.

--
    Anyone from central Indiana or Ohio racing? I need some inspiration and friends to talk with. Not much three wheeler stuff going on in this neck of the woods.

--
    There were some good races in Ohio this year, 2 at Pine Lake in Ashtabula and 1 at Western Reserve
    Looking for a Bassani silencer for a 2nd gen tecate, the style with the movable mount. 1st gen will work

efhondakid is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerFirst time rider
    --
    I run 18x8 mower tires at 6-8psi. A durablue +4 axle with durablue +1 hubs wheels are 3x5 that is maximum width. I run that for TT, regular FT I use stock hubs inside wheel flipped around and a +3 spacer on the outside.

You’ll want a lowering link for sure, just strapping the axle makes cornering feel like you are a rock skipping across a pond. I run Protaper ATV Mids and roll them way back so they are in my lap when I’m in the pocket.
    2 in the back, 1 in the front.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by efhondakid View Post

You’ll want a lowering link for sure, just strapping the axle makes cornering feel like you are a rock skipping across a pond.
    lol that's a great discription Quote of the day.

--
    @ 86 T3- I went to Ashtabula in 2016 i believe it was, got the T-shirt. Went through the pits and may have seen the 500 kxt you were riding. If i am right, maybe not. Stuff i seen from this forum. There was also a 4 stroke kxf or something like that running some real small wheels. That one seemed like it wanted to spin out quite a bit in the turns.
    There was a big dude on a Honda that was sliding around that track about the whole time. Number 51 or something.

It was very enjoyable but dang was it a hot weekend. Those guys on the starting line looked like they'd been microwaved.

--
    .....You’ll want a lowering link for sure,.....
    Where does one find lowering links for an 86R?

Sent from my Z958 using Tapatalk
    I

--
    Durablue had them the last time I checked, but that was 3 or 4 years ago
    Feedback for yaegerb: Click Here

Need something blasted or polished or both? Send me a PM

--
    I just installed one a few months ago , very nice quality .

Quote Originally Posted by ironchop View Post

I
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 009B0A5D-A676-40FE-B03C-8731E7823CE5.jpg  
    78 atc 90/180cc Dickson Full Suspension
    76 ATC90/180cc Nicholson
    77 atc 90 Dickson Full Suspension
    84 KLT 110/123cc Powroll Racer from 80s
    87 atc 125m stock
    84 atc 200x Curtis Sparks
    84 atc 200x Powroll My race bike from 80's
    83 atc70/108cc Powroll blue Xmas Special
    81 atc185s HP-ATC full suspension

Performance Shop is Open PM me for Service

My Feedback http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthr...ck+shortline10

--
    I run 18x8 mower tires at 6-8psi. A durablue +4 axle with durablue +1 hubs wheels are 3x5 that is maximum width. I run that for TT, regular FT I use stock hubs inside wheel flipped around and a +3 spacer on the outside.

You’ll want a lowering link for sure, just strapping the axle makes cornering feel like you are a rock skipping across a pond. I run Protaper ATV Mids and roll them way back so they are in my lap when I’m in the pocket.
    I think i remember reading that you did pretty well in a race. I have some type of a "lowering link" i bought "for"a 86 Tecate. Haven't studied it. Looks like it just replaces the shock.
    I will be rebuilding my shocks and forks this winter. Might have to talk to race tech or something. I want one spring and factory shock for flat track with small jumps and another regular factory shock. Maybe you guys would suggest a flat track shock guy and simplify my chores.

efhondakid is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerFirst time rider
    --
    A nice rebuild is all you really need. There is no real need to go all out with changing valving and everything. The stock rear shock is decent, new seals all around and some progressive springs in the front will be just fine. I race everything on my R, hare scramble, MX, FT/TT and the only changes I really ever make is ride height.

The Tecate link is a completely different setup than the R and will not work.
    2 in the back, 1 in the front.

--

I
    You may have to order one for the trx 250r.
    250r rules

--
    A nice rebuild is all you really need. There is no real need to go all out with changing valving and everything. The stock rear shock is decent, new seals all around and some progressive springs in the front will be just fine. I race everything on my R, hare scramble, MX, FT/TT and the only changes I really ever make is ride height.

The Tecate link is a completely different setup than the R and will not work.
    Here is the one i got. No shock at all sounds worst than just skipping over water right? I may find out that it replaces the dogbone, dont know yet.
    Some people must have used them to race. The shocks are about 4" longer than the link.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20181002_184448.jpg 
Views:	31 
Size:	2.19 MB 
ID:	254883
    I agree a real expensive shock isn't the way to go.
    I should start calling around for the right fork springs. I got books, gonna try them all myself.

--

I
    Buy one? You could whittle one of those up with your eyes closed.

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //