//ArrowChat Code
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Flat track

--
    X-ring too costly. They really reduce drag over o-ring chains by about 60%, i think it was.I really believe the o-ring chains will be worth some power loss over non o-ring.

--
    Outside the Nationals here is some locals http://www.westernreservemc.com/news.html , PA, NY have some as well.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by fieldy View Post
    X-ring too costly. They really reduce drag over o-ring chains by about 60%, i think it was.I really believe the o-ring chains will be worth some power loss over non o-ring.
    I use non oring chain on all my race trikes.
    250r rules

--
    Quote Originally Posted by Tri-Z 250 View Post
    Outside the Nationals here is some locals http://www.westernreservemc.com/news.html , PA, NY have some as well.
    Is this a once a year race for three wheelers or several races a year with regular trike crowd? Thank you, sounds fun.
    I am kind of looking for a track where there are frequent three wheel racing people.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by atc300r View Post
    I use non oring chain on all my race trikes.
    Seems like the o-ring chains are more cushy,lol. Like the racing chains sound clunky and might be harder on sprockets. I think the o-ring chains spoiled me.
    The non o-rings are cheaper though and racers use em for less friction and drag. Now x-ring sounds appealing.....
    Probably go non- o race chain. I know redundant.

--
    You never know how many could show trying to gather a group again. Since the dissolve of the OTC series, Ohio has been a bit unorganized. Smith Rd being down was a big miss in 2018 for MX.

--
    Have a 3 wheeler that I heard run when I bought it. I always kept the cylinder lubed up and turned it over every 3 months with some lubricating oil and the cylinder turned over effortlessly. The cylinder stuck after a few months of owning it, I got it loose with some lubricating oil pretty fast. That's why I continued to watch and oil the cylinder. The condensation on the gravel floor shed is horrible. Last December I rotated the cylinder and I dumped some synthetic recline oil (before just lubricating oil) in the plug hole and rotated it. Early April I noticed it was stuck again and i have used about a big can of blaster trying to free it. Right-side up, upside down, trying every couple weeks. I am wanting to disassemble the cylinder to inspect, as was the plan. Sitting in the frame, chain and wheels on it, thing probably has had a previous sticking problem. I can't get this cylinder to budge this time. Not sure what the cylinder plating will show due to the sticking. Piston is high in the cylinder, as i was worried about a minor sticking occuring. Any tricks?
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20190616_181144.jpg 
Views:	15 
Size:	1.53 MB 
ID:	259012
    Last edited by fieldy; 06-22-2019 at 01:01 PM.

--
    Pull the flywheel cover off and try rotating the motor in reverse . Might have a coolant leak causing the lock up issue .
    Time to Pull the top end .
    78 atc 90/180cc Dickson Full Suspension
    76 ATC90/180cc Nicholson
    77 atc 90 Dickson Full Suspension
    84 KLT 110/123cc Powroll Racer from 80s
    87 atc 125m stock
    84 atc 200x Curtis Sparks
    84 atc 200x Powroll My race bike from 80's
    83 atc70/108cc Powroll blue Xmas Special
    81 atc185s HP-ATC full suspension

Performance Shop is Open PM me for Service

My Feedback http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthr...ck+shortline10

--
    Quote Originally Posted by shortline10 View Post
    Pull the flywheel cover off and try rotating the motor in reverse . Might have a coolant leak causing the lock up issue .
    Time to Pull the top end .
    What happens in that situation?
    I have had the coolant drained out since I bought it several years ago. It would just stick if i wasn't oiling the cylinder every 3 months, now that I want to take it down in frame it won't move. My next move will be take off the head and try to use a wood stick and hit the top of the piston to free it up. It surley can't be a bearing stuck that hard in that time? I haven't ran the motor since I've owned it because I wanted to inspect and leakdown the topend. Had sprayed lubricating oil in crankcase too. I think it was that synthetic Redline oil, i dumped down the spark plug hole. I didnt realizize it was a synthetic oil at that moment, was in a hurry.
    Have another one running in the past 2 weeks and it never sticks, and wanted to at least fire this one so discovered it was stuck couple months ago.
    When I put it in gear and rotate the tires backwards or forwards, won't budge.
    In 3 winter months with no coolant at all in motor now locked up hard.
    I will try what you suggested and wanted to give a few more details and maybe get more information from you and the others.
    If i take the top end loose and it pulls straight off I will be absolutely shocked with bottom jaw on floor.
    Last edited by fieldy; 06-22-2019 at 04:15 PM.

--
    You could be correct Shoreline 10. A mess under there no cover gasket at all, had orange mineral deposits about 3/16ths deep. I am guessing main bearing siezed. I want to learn to rebuild these motors. I was expecting to rebuild this one but thought I could do some putting around first.

--
    In my experience with liquid cooled 2 strokes that are stuck , the cause is coolant leak issues . Not counting catastrophic bearing failures .

You could be correct Shoreline 10. A mess under there no cover gasket at all, had orange mineral deposits about 3/16ths deep. I am guessing main bearing siezed. I want to learn to rebuild these motors. I was expecting to rebuild this one but thought I could do some putting around first.
    78 atc 90/180cc Dickson Full Suspension
    76 ATC90/180cc Nicholson
    77 atc 90 Dickson Full Suspension
    84 KLT 110/123cc Powroll Racer from 80s
    87 atc 125m stock
    84 atc 200x Curtis Sparks
    84 atc 200x Powroll My race bike from 80's
    83 atc70/108cc Powroll blue Xmas Special
    81 atc185s HP-ATC full suspension

Performance Shop is Open PM me for Service

My Feedback http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthr...ck+shortline10

--
    Can water enter the crankcase from the head gasket and from the water pump seal area?

Name:	20190622_184741.jpg 
Size:	1.50 MB 
ID:	259023

On another Tecate I have running, the water pump housing is leaking.
    The gasket for the cover was bad it appears. Unless there ls a weep hole if the seal has gone out. I didn't see one on the water pump cover, anyway water was dripping from the bottom of gasket area. Is there a tell-tell hole on these?

--
    This may be a water mark on the inside cover from a previous time and owner, what a way to treat your PVL
    It's always had a great spark though. If it still has spark after cleaning I will plan on reusing this ignition.

Name:	20190623_193132.jpg 
Views:	16 
Size:	1.05 MB 
ID:	259041

Next time, pull top end and work on freeing bearings in crankcase.
    Last edited by fieldy; 06-24-2019 at 02:48 AM.

--
    Can water enter the crankcase from the head gasket and from the water pump seal area?
    If your head gasket is leaking, coolant can leak into the combustion chamber, and down into & around the crank & main bearings. If your water pump seal is leaking, coolant can only enter the clutch/gearbox, unless the right main crank seal is leaking also, which would then allow coolant into the crankcase as well.
    Red Rider's Sand Machine Updated 07/23/14

--
    Can anyone tell me if this left side case can be repaired?Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20190624_184807.jpg 
Views:	18 
Size:	1.61 MB 
ID:	259063

And... is this spring a stock item on the clutch release. I cannot find the part shown anywhere.

Name:	20190624_184820.jpg 
Size:	1.86 MB 
ID:	259064

Another picture.

Name:	20190624_185222.jpg 
Views:	16 
Size:	1.34 MB 
ID:	259065

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //