//ArrowChat Code

Thread: Trx 70 headaces

Tomcall is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerFirst time rider
    --

Trx 70 headaces

86 TRX 70 is giving me headaches. This is a stock set up. New top end. New stock carb, throttle, ignition coil and kill switch. Very frustrating because when I bought it, it ran. Now, I have trouble finding neutral and when I lifted the rear end to test it out I had all the gears but was losing power the the rear end. Opened the right side and replaced the clutch thinking it may be slipping, Took the shift parts out and inspected for cracks or other problems. None found. Put it together and still can't get to neutral and past 2nd gear now. Just stumped. Some body out there with more experience than myself hopefully has some advice.

--
    Might have your case bolts too tight...

--
    Found neutral and shifting thru the gears, don't ask me how. NOW, when I put it into first it will stall. If I can keep it going the normal power just isn't there. Moved the needle to second from the top from second from the bottom. No difference. Plan to check the timing and valve clearance again tomorrow. Hope the issue lies there, cause I don't know what else to do.

--
    So, rechecked the timing, which was off a little. The big thing was when I went to re-check the valves and removed the lower tappet cover there was a nut for the tappet loose sitting in the cover. checked the lower valve and was ok, The upper was as loose as a goose. Guess that is where the nut came from (brilliant deduction).
    The nut wouldn't go back on and on closer inspection it had been beaten up a bit. So now I'm thinking, crap what damage did that do??? I find another nut and reset the valve and decide to hope for he best (again). Damn if that little engine didn't fire up and with plenty of power. Made my day. Took a test ride and it had plenty of power and all 4 gears. A sigh of relief.
    Now to take on my 2nd TRX70 and figure out why it won't shift at all. But that's for another thread.

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //