//ArrowChat Code
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: TecateDan and Fabio's joint 480R effort

--
    Blog Entries

--
    That motor slips in there great; Very strategically placed motor mounts too
    All our government does is distract us while they steal from us, misspend our tax $ and ruin our country

--
    Quote Originally Posted by rayatc84 View Post
    Great to see another 480R build.
    I'm working on the same project, but unfortunately I haven't got enough time to work on mine: motor mounts and kick extension are built and if everything goes well, I hope to have the exhaust pipe done in a couple of months.
    Holy crap man, where have you been?? Good to see you chime in!
    Feedback for yaegerb: Click Here

Need something blasted or polished or both? Send me a PM

JacobMonster is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerFirst time rider
    --
    Subbed. This is an awesome build. I thought my 82 was gonna stay relatively stock, now you had to go and give me ideas ;_;
    Can't wait to see it completed. Awesome work so far bud, keep it up!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G530AZ using Tapatalk

--
    Quote Originally Posted by fabiodriven View Post
    Ironically enough the drag pipe from the Tecate 500 fits this 480R like a glove! I was tempted to use that pipe on this project, however having read up on the 480 I found that they do not respond well to pipe alterations and everything I read says nothing is better than the factory pipe on that engine .
    I wouldn't be afraid to try the drag pipe if you run out of time. People use cr500 pipes on kx500 swaps all the time and claim they are within 1hp... The 480 pipe reviews you read were probably in regards to available 480 pipes used in motocross application. They were probably more concerned with rideability and power delivery than output. If you don't go the custom route I would get an aftermarket 480 pipe to chop up. The factory pipes with the pinched seams usually look aweful when modified. And once modified it won't be factory pipe anymore.. Lol
    2-stroke lover

fabiodriven is offline Aspiring romance novel cover model, and the Official 3WW slayer of thieves and swindlers. Catch me if you can
    --
    She's going in for a custom pipe and match port job but thank you!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    85 Tri-Zinger 60
    85 ATC250SX
    86 ATC250SX
    87 ATC250SX
    02 XR650L conversion
    84 ATC 480R

Scootertrash is offline Just Too Addicted: Protecting Our Community The day begins with 3WW
    --
    I think I remember seeing this project in an older thread?

Nice to see a project get moved back up to the front burner. I'm faaarrr too familiar with how projects get pushed back for other projects...

Can't wait to see it done!
    Quote Originally Posted by fabiodriven View Post
    Trick the people into thinking they're enacting their own will and you have willing slaves.

Liberalism suspends the intellect of its victims, while at the same time tricking them into believing that they're smarter than everyone else.

If we've done business together, please leave me feedback. Thank You!:

http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthr...t=Scootertrash

fabiodriven is offline Aspiring romance novel cover model, and the Official 3WW slayer of thieves and swindlers. Catch me if you can
    --
    There's a thread I linked from the original owner in my first post, possibly what you were thinking of? I've not started any threads on this machine other than this one.

85 Tri-Zinger 60
    85 ATC250SX
    86 ATC250SX
    87 ATC250SX
    02 XR650L conversion
    84 ATC 480R

--
    So for a brief update, I just got off the phone with our pipe builder/porting guy. Unfortunately he just doesn't have time to port our cylinder in time for this year's Trikefest. This most likely means we won't be hanging with the big boys like we had hoped, but we'll still have a very fun and nice machine.

85 Tri-Zinger 60
    85 ATC250SX
    86 ATC250SX
    87 ATC250SX
    02 XR650L conversion
    84 ATC 480R

--
    Port it yourself these big bore jugs are alot easier to work on than 250's.. there's only so much you can do with a 480 jug anyways. The tiny reed box, straight walled transfers, steep angled exhaust port, and 4-stroke style crankwheels are somewhat limiting when compared to the 500's.. But even bone stock it will win races with a good rider. Ride it like a Tecate and you won't be impressed. When I got my '83 it was missing 3rd and 5th gear. A double short shift from 2nd to 4th would have the front wheel headed for the sky everytime.. With 2 gears missing it would still out accelerate and mph a 2004 CR250 my buddy had.
    2-stroke lover

--
    That's fantastic man, thank you! Dan's going to call the port/pipe guy tomorrow and pick his brain. If need be Dan is going to port it.

85 Tri-Zinger 60
    85 ATC250SX
    86 ATC250SX
    87 ATC250SX
    02 XR650L conversion
    84 ATC 480R

--
    What's the matter Fahhhbio, don't like seeing the back of my 500?
    Looking for a Bassani silencer for a 2nd gen tecate, the style with the movable mount. 1st gen will work

--
    For the abridged version...

Trucks and trikes and trailers, oh my! It's been mechanical mayhem between everything that has to be ready for Trikefest. No spare time to post in detail or even take pictures really. At this juncture I have thousands of dollars and countless hours invested in this trip and this 480 is fully involved in its fair shake of that time and money. Dan and I spent hours yesterday, the whole day putting the bike together and it is close, it did run. I won't get into detail right now but there was a problem internally either due to the previous owner's assembly job or a sub-par part, of that we're unsure yet. There was obvious shoddy care taken to a poorly and improperly repaired clutch hub that was never mentioned or disclosed of. There are other things that were mentioned that were untrue as well, but I went in expecting that. I'm happy with this bike thus far and I think it will be a trip when it's done. It's lacking on the finishing touches, if it will make it to Indiana at all. Unpainted surface rusted swing arm, unpainted welds, cut and grind massaging here and there... It needs to be together right now and that's what matters. We have a slew of parts on order that all must arrive this week in order for this bike to make it and that's the short version. It must come together this coming weekend, but it ran and it ran well, albeit briefly.
    85 Tri-Zinger 60
    85 ATC250SX
    86 ATC250SX
    87 ATC250SX
    02 XR650L conversion
    84 ATC 480R

--

85 Tri-Zinger 60
    85 ATC250SX
    86 ATC250SX
    87 ATC250SX
    02 XR650L conversion
    84 ATC 480R

--
    Hahahaha, I was wondering what Ben was talking about on facebook last night. Stinger looks just right. I'm sorry about the engine problems man, that really sucks. I hope it's not too extensive or expensive.
    Looking for a Bassani silencer for a 2nd gen tecate, the style with the movable mount. 1st gen will work

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //