//ArrowChat Code
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: TecateDan and Fabio's joint 480R effort

fabiodriven is offline Aspiring romance novel cover model, and the Official 3WW slayer of thieves and swindlers. Catch me if you can
    --
    Quote Originally Posted by 86T3 View Post
    We going to play a game of "Start my 480 you f'n p+$$y" this year?
    Yes. And yes, I would like to see your tits.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    85 Tri-Zinger 60
    85 ATC250SX
    86 ATC250SX
    87 ATC250SX
    02 XR650L conversion
    84 ATC 480R

fabiodriven is offline Aspiring romance novel cover model, and the Official 3WW slayer of thieves and swindlers. Catch me if you can
    --

TecateDan and Fabio's joint 480R effort

Thank you all for the kind words. I can assure you all I'm almost as surprised and impressed as you. This thing came together fast and it's a real looker.

I've spent the last two evenings after work doing jetting and plug chops. She's close enough to dial in at Haspin now, so jetting is good. I'm sure my neighbors are relieved that jetting is completed. Over the last two days I've literally seen two separate neighbors wrangle their kids and dogs and herd them into the house before their ear drums shattered. This thing is really, really loud. Our long awaited clutch hub is slated to arrive today so I know what I'm doing after work today. Also, if anyone knows who sells Loctite by the gallon I'd appreciate that.

85 Tri-Zinger 60
    85 ATC250SX
    86 ATC250SX
    87 ATC250SX
    02 XR650L conversion
    84 ATC 480R

plevib is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    Sweet build man! Wish I could be at trikefest to see it!
    Atc 500x for the win! (Hopefully.... one day)

--
    Gorgeous build,quite the smokestack Enjoy it !
    Please help those who cannot help themselves.

ALWAYS buying Museum quality machines,3 and 4 wheels. And any and ALL ,NOS parts,EVERY brand.

I am turning my PM's Off,my Email is billsracing@hotmail.com,put 3WW in the subject. Thanx!

Gun laws do not stop criminals. BULLETS do.

--
    TF2017 500 vs 480.... since I'm gonna port both this year I have a favorite but we shall see.. fell bad for who evers on the start line that year

id also like to point out jon taught my daughter "bheg poo poo" during this build. Tonight I farted and said bheg poo poo and my daughter blerted out uncle john
    TrikeFest 2012, 2013
    Mikfest 1.0
    HellHole Survivor
    Jericho

Looking for a liquid cooled kx500 motor .. Pm me with what you got

--
    So Great to see you guys in on another project together. Life is short
    Please help those who cannot help themselves.

ALWAYS buying Museum quality machines,3 and 4 wheels. And any and ALL ,NOS parts,EVERY brand.

I am turning my PM's Off,my Email is billsracing@hotmail.com,put 3WW in the subject. Thanx!

Gun laws do not stop criminals. BULLETS do.

--
    The girl was a farter long before she met me. She gets it from her mom.
    85 Tri-Zinger 60
    85 ATC250SX
    86 ATC250SX
    87 ATC250SX
    02 XR650L conversion
    84 ATC 480R

Watford city, North Dakota United States "THE BAKKEN" / Lebanon, Oregon United states.
    --
    Quote Originally Posted by plevib View Post
    Sweet build man! Wish I could be at trikefest to see it!
    Me too but I live on the other side of the country

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
    Saying "it's the trikes fault" is like saying "guns kill people"
    don't poke the bear... you'll get banned

--
    So how did it go?
    2-stroke lover

--
    Hey! Thanks for asking!

At this time the bike is complete and it runs really well! It has exceded all of my expectations having been built in such a short time.

When I first started jetting, the round slide 40mm Keihin had a 188 main in it. After the rebuild and with the pipe we'd put on I figured it would want more fuel, not only that but you always start fat with jetting, so I bumped it to a 205 first. By the way, there's a generous amount of room to work on this bike. You can swap a jet most likely easier than a factory 250R.

So the 205 was way too fat. I worked my way down in .005 increments until I got it running good here in Massachusetts and I believe that was at 175. I wanted to step the pilot down but didn't have the correct jet available to do so. I got it good enough to load up and was going to continue jetting at Trikefest in Indiana.

I also had my 20" tires on the rear to be a bit more forgiving so I could ride and jet and get used to the bike without it shooting right out from under me. I worked my way down to 172 then 170 and with both of those jets it was burning the rear tires right through fourth gear and across the finish line on the strip. Also with those two jet sizes it sounded like it was running fine to me, however the peanut gallery was insisting it was still breaking up on top. As I swapped in the 165 (I skipped the 168) I also swapped on my drag wheels with the Four-Snows. At first I ran them in the less aggressive direction. I was amazed that it spun those tires right through fourth gear and across the finish line as well. I brought it back to the trailer to go down from a 13T to a 12T on the front sprocket, rear is 42 I think. This sprocket change was not going to help with traction, but I was aiming to be winding out 4th at the big end. I figured spinning the Four-Snows around to the aggressive side would handle the traction issue, I was betting on it. Also at this time I used a rachet strap to lower the rear and sucked the forks up in the triples to drop the front.

On race day they groomed and watered the track and traction was no longer an issue, but then came the wheelies! I'll take wheelies any day. In my first race it wheelied really big but pulled hard, and we barely lost to Cori Shively on her ATC500R. She's very seasoned as well so that was by no means a bad race. It was really close.

In my second race, I was lined up next to race and the two going before us were at the line waiting to go. They were having technical difficulties with the Christmas tree and attempting to fix it, all the while you have finicky open class bikes lined up, running, and getting hot and grumpy. Finally after what seemed like forever they launched the two in front of me. Myself and an XR600 conversion lined up and staged. This race should have been in the bag for me. Just then, a good willed and excited friend approached me from the rear yelling and screaming. I could feel his presence and after the problems they were just having with the tree I figured it was messed up again. I looked over my shoulder and as I did the lights went green. The race was lost right then. Upon my return to the launch pad I asked if I could run again, I wasn't really happy with how that had all transpired, but I was told no I couldn't. At that time I had been outside in the hot sun all day and watched every single race of every single competitor prior to mine. All I wanted to do was plop my arse in the river, so I left the track and that's what I did. I didn't find out until after that I still could have competed for third place. They are very clear on the rules and how the whole thing works ahead of time, but when I get in that situation on the bike I forget everything they just said. It's all clear as a bell ahead of time, but the excitement and the suspense get the better of me once we get going. I'd have loved to have run again but it just didn't happen.

Overall I'm in love with the bike. It runs absolutely fantastic and I'm able to start it quite well now. I'd never be able to start this engine in a bike frame, the trike is the only reason I can get this engine to kick over. It's worth having an in-frame pipe made for it so I can ride it like a regular bike and that's something I'd really like to do when I get the money. So all in all, it's a great bike!!

Practice run-

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9L2qVFUcWJ0

Vs ATC500R-

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bQn2_E-HAag

Vs XR600-

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ILQb348C9Jk

Thanks for looking!

Last edited by fabiodriven; 09-20-2017 at 01:53 AM.
    85 Tri-Zinger 60
    85 ATC250SX
    86 ATC250SX
    87 ATC250SX
    02 XR650L conversion
    84 ATC 480R

Scootertrash is offline Just Too Addicted: Protecting Our Community The day begins with 3WW
    --
    Awesome! I love it when a plan comes together! Nice work guys!
    Quote Originally Posted by fabiodriven View Post
    Trick the people into thinking they're enacting their own will and you have willing slaves.

Liberalism suspends the intellect of its victims, while at the same time tricking them into believing that they're smarter than everyone else.

If we've done business together, please leave me feedback. Thank You!:

http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthr...t=Scootertrash

--
    Thanks for the update and videos. Very nice for those of us that coundnt be there. Very nice bike!!
    2-stroke lover

--
    Having heard that thing firsthand and up close I can tell you it sounds awesome! The events that led to the drag race loss were regrettable I wish they would've let them run again as the 480 was much faster and even came close to winning after starting the run two seconds after the other trike had a launched.
    It sucks to get old

--
    man that thing honks!!

Hammer down!
    Trikes:
    '85 ATC 350R
    '85 ATC 250R
    '86 ATC 350X
    '85 ATC 350X
    '84 ATC 200ES Big Red
    '84 ATC 125M
    '85 ATC 110
    '85 ATC 70/110

If you have bought from me or sold to me, please leave me feedback here>>> http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthr...+RIDE-RED+250r

--
    They said it was double elimination so I don't think you could have raced for 3rd.
    Looking for a Bassani silencer for a 2nd gen tecate, the style with the movable mount. 1st gen will work

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //