//ArrowChat Code
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: I need some help

fabiodriven is offline Aspiring romance novel cover model, and the Official 3WW slayer of thieves and swindlers. Catch me if you can
    --
    Quote Originally Posted by scottwelder View Post
    So the way I am explaining this ATC to other people that have never herd of it, is that it is a factory race ATC. Kinda like how now days Honda helps build a factory motocross race bike? Am I correct in explaining it that way?
    Not exactly. Far be it for me to try to act like the racing expert because I am not. A factory backed Honda effort this is not. The aftermarket framed bikes such as the one you have would not have been run by Honda. There are other guys on here that know more than I do so I really cannot elaborate much more. It's very special but price tags vary with these things. It's worth whatever someone is willing to pay. I'd venture to guess insurance would be more of a concern once restored.

As far as the compression goes, my XL500R was an absolute bear to kick like I said in my other post. I hope those pointers work for you, they worked great for me.
    85 Tri-Zinger 60
    85 ATC250SX
    86 ATC250SX
    87 ATC250SX
    02 XR650L conversion
    84 ATC 480R

--
    Check the valve lash.

Don't be ashamed to take it to a professional bike technician for a hands on engine inspection. It's worth it. A small independent shop is my vote.

--
    Awesome find, and welcome to the boards. look forward to more pics and your progress.
    Rebuilding and riding trikes everyday and lovin every minute.

http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthr...light=pipeline

Mackus84 is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    Any uodates on this beast?

--
    Okay so I got everything stripped and inventoried and I will send the frame out to paint this week. I will post pictures when it comes back from paint. Anyone know the Honda red factory paint code?

I do need help with thisClick image for larger version. 

Name:	20160527_213034.jpg 
Views:	29 
Size:	1.05 MB 
ID:	232258. Attached is a pricture of the front wheel spindle. It has this weird mileage counter thing on it. I want to pull the axle out of the hub to replace the wheel bearings because I am making everything new. I cannot for the life of me get the axle out and it seems stuck on this mileage counter gear drive thing. I have found documentation how how to replace wheel bearings but none of the documentation address this mileage counter gear drive. I also would like to eliminate this part but do they sell a spacer that would go in it's place. I did get the whole wheel off the fork tube this is just an older picture of this particular part.

I really appreciate the help on this one.

--
    Loosen the 4-10mm nuts on the axle pinch cap then unthread the axle from the other fork. It might be seized in the hub. Hit It harder. If you damage the axle (try not to, use a punch to drive it out) I have an axle just let me know.

--
    I am thinking this will work in place of that mileage counter thing. If I can figure out how to get it off.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1985-Honda-A...JXDAEk&vxp=mtr

--
    Quote Originally Posted by DohcBikes View Post
    Loosen the 4-10mm nuts on the axle pinch cap then unthread the axle from the other fork. It might be seized in the hub. Hit It harder. If you damage the axle (try not to, use a punch to drive it out) I have an axle just let me know.
    I have the axle out of the forks and pinch cap. The axle and assembly is no longer in the forks. I can not get the axle out of the wheel spindle because that mileage gear drive device.

Surprise AZ. In the garage working on trikes.
    --
    If you have the axle out of the forks, the bearings are most likely seized on the axle and need to persuade it out. May need a bigger .

83-85 200x front hub and axles are dime a dozen, I have 6-7 or laying around if you need one.

--
    Its not the speedo drive gear holding it. It's oxidation. Thread a nut on to the axle and smash it out of there.

Ranvier is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    What an interesting read. Congrats on a great find. Sounds like you are tearing right into it. Enjoy. Will follow your build.

....One of the few places I needed impact power was the front axle.

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //