//ArrowChat Code

Thread: 86 250SX To Buy or Not to Buy. Thoughts please

JacobMonster is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerFirst time rider
    --

86 250SX To Buy or Not to Buy. Thoughts please

1986 Honda 250SX.
    Only problems listed are
    -Cracked plastic near the rear and by the tool box
    -seats OK

Everything else is good. Tanks clean, bikes pretty good, doesn't need anything.
    They want a bit less than $1000 for it.
    Now, I'm trying to get inventory, as I'm switching self-employment from selling shoes and boots on Ebay, to hopefully flipping and parting out bikes.
    So guys, what do you think? Think I should part it? Think I should Flip it?
    If I buy it would someone here take it off my hands at TF for the right price?
    Gimme your thoughts.

PS: If you guys have some parts bikes, lemme know. I'm looking to buy both running and non-running ATC's, ATV's and dirt bikes. I'm around central KY.

Last edited by JacobMonster; 05-13-2016 at 03:14 PM. Reason: Typo in the year of the bike

--
    1st off, I would not part that out. It's way to complete. Part out the true junkers.

I'm by no means an expert here but I have bought and sold a few things. 1st you need to buy them cheap if you're going to expect any profit. In that case I would try to get it for around $500 so you can clean it up and hope to not spend more than $100-then put for sale around $1250, hopefully getting 1k. I think it's going to be hard making money on these if you don't buy them cheap and really know your way around these machines.
    I would pay $950 for that and dial it in to be mine, enjoy it for years, then pass it on.
    When I'm driving up to a sellers place I look for a common interest. Go slow and try to get to know them. Never let them know I love it or have to have it. (Until it's yours). Carefully notice all that's wrong. Offer a little less than you would pay.
    Imo shoes would be easier to sell. It hard finding others the appreciates these.
    Btw. It appears to be '85.
    Last edited by Jd110; 05-14-2016 at 10:46 AM.

JacobMonster is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerFirst time rider
    --
    Thanks for the advice. I thought about keeping it. I'm slowly trying to switch too bikes. Not only 3 wheelers, but bikes in general. I've never had a big interest is the SX's. Course', I've never ride any. He wants $750, was hoping to get it for 650, then somebody could have it for $900, $1000. Something to put a few bucks in my pocket, but give the machine to someone who does appreciate them. If I keep it, its turning into a creek riding machine lol.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G530AZ using Tapatalk

--
    It is a 85 not a 86. Few hundred $ difference.$650 is a good price,Make sure the diff has clean oil in it, the electric starter engages and works smoothly,and the lick starter also. Both indicate good bearings and clean oil was kept in the engine. Otherwise the usual bearings etc.. Those 3 problems will cost you a lot of labor to fix and are very popular problems on this particular model. Hondaline hitch would fetch you a few extra $$ parting it. But as said above,it would not be cool to part this one!
    Please help those who cannot help themselves.

ALWAYS buying Museum quality machines,3 and 4 wheels. And any and ALL ,NOS parts,EVERY brand.

I am turning my PM's Off,my Email is billsracing@hotmail.com,put 3WW in the subject. Thanx!

Gun laws do not stop criminals. BULLETS do.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by Jd110 View Post
    1st off, I would not part that out. It's way to complete. Part out the true junkers.

I'm by no means an expert here but I have bought and sold a few things. 1st you need to buy them cheap if you're going to expect any profit. In that case I would try to get it for around $500 so you can clean it up and hope to not spend more than $100-then put for sale around $1250, hopefully getting 1k. I think it's going to be hard making money on these if you don't buy them cheap and really know your way around these machines.
    I would pay $950 for that and dial it in to be mine, enjoy it for years, then pass it on.
    When I'm driving up to a sellers place I look for a common interest. Go slow and try to get to know them. Never let them know I love it or have to have it. (Until it's yours). Carefully notice all that's wrong. Offer a little less than you would pay.
    Imo shoes would be easier to sell. It hard finding others the appreciates these.
    Btw. It appears to be '85.

Agree 100% that's not a part out trike, that's a keeper.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by atc007 View Post
    and the lick starter also.
    OOOOO, did that come stock on the 85's? Are there any aftermarket ones available!? Paypal ready!
    Feedback for yaegerb: Click Here

Need something blasted or polished or both? Send me a PM

--
    I believe that is an aftermarket hitch. nice trike....please don't part it .
    our original 85 we bought new, 2 - 86 police specials
    250r dust runner
    04 Yamaha kodiaK 450 snowbuster ! Brute Force 750 dust collector .
    Bunch of es stuff I been buying for next builds....
    Gone but lives on in my aching body the mighty 350x collection . A Beat 85 es im gonna rebuild

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //