//ArrowChat Code
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Thread: 1986 200x Build-Up

250ES5984 is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerFirst time rider
    --
    Quote Originally Posted by Shep1970 View Post
    Oh ya the green framed bike, let me tell you its been all winter and i still haven't got (picked out a seat cover)
    Too many choices out there. One of these days though- nice weather is coming, the last of snow here is gone.
    Sooooo if u need a seat cover DONT ask me. Ha

Shep
    Tell me this, there is a set of 86 timing chain guides, tensioner, and chain on ebay for 50 bucks. Would it be worth my time to get them for that price just in case? Seems like a great price for all of it.

--
    I'm probably the wrong one to ask-but for that price i'd walk away. i know an 86 was just parted on ebay and the parts look really clean and most of it sold within a couple days if not as soon as he listed it. If your planning on keeping the bike just start scoping out ebay a few times a day at odd times. In a few years you'll have lots of extra's. Just wait for the deals but the time of deals maybe over?
    Shep

--
    All I know is that I found a tensioner and that guide for over 100 a couple weeks ago.

--
    Quick update. Guy that's rebuilding the motor for me let me know last week that I had something wrong with my exhaust valve. Did say what it was (bent, cranked, etc.).

So, I ordered a set of Shindy valves last Wednesday. Got them in the mail yesterday and took them to him. Said he was going to get it back together tonight.

Hoping to get it back this weekend if everything goes as planned. Haven't ridden it this year yet, so, I'm somewhat exited!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

--
    Another update. When he got down to put the clutch kit in, the mechanic found that someone had cracked the case and tried to jb weld it back together.

So, I just purchased a set of cases from Ebay. This project has turned into wayyy more than I hoped for. As far as I'm into it now, there's no sense in stopping. May end up going full on resto-mod.

Chandler

Pic for your enjoyment

--
    Does anyone have any advice on where to get a bottom end gasket kit?

--
    eBay........
    Feedback for yaegerb: Click Here

Need something blasted or polished or both? Send me a PM

--
    Quote Originally Posted by yaegerb View Post
    eBay........
    I kinda figured. I do know you have to buy and entire engine gasket set to get them. Guess it's not a bad idea to keep an extra.
    Appreciate the response.

Chandler

--
    I have more gasket kits than I do heads, and I bet I have 10 heads.

I just wait for a Vesrah, Centauro (Italian made gaskets that fit super well), or other brands to pop up for a good deal. And when I find the deals, I usually buy every single one that they have

I've never paid more than 35$ for a complete gasket set. These shops close, someone buys all the parts and they probably think, " hmm, three wheelers, not too many of them out there". And they show up dirty and dusty but factory sealed...

With all this new racing coming up, these things might get even more expensive!!

Dennis Kirk use to have a tensioner guide kit. One of the 85 tensioners fits the 86 correctly; Probably the one that just sits in a groove and not the one that mounts with a bolt to the case behind the oil filter rotor. Fortunately, the 86 doesn't even seem to get noisy with worn guides where the 85 sounds horrible when they're all clapped out...
    All our government does is distract us while they steal from us, misspend our tax $ and ruin our country

--
    Well, I finally have her back! Last week I had to get a new pressure plate for the clutch because someone had run the wrong bolts in it and had busted a piece on it.

Now, I have to put on my hubs, new shrouds, headlight/killswitch harness, and new seat bumpers and she'll be ready to go!

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //