//ArrowChat Code
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Harbor Freight 7x10 Mini Lathe

--
    I plan on getting one of these, but I just haven't pulled the trigger yet.
    http://www.grizzly.com//combination-lathe-mills

--
    Pull that trigger JUICE BOX.
    85 Tri-z Power valve on Inverts
    85 Tri-z Basket Case
    01 gsxr750 engine/Tri-z frame (long long way from complete)

--
    Quote Originally Posted by NeverLift View Post
    Pull that trigger JUICE BOX.
    Haha. I'm twinkie. When are you going to that Z running right?

I just some extra money. Send me some I will go pick it up.

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk

--
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Steve_Man View Post
    Haha. I'm twinkie. When are you going to that Z running right?

I just some extra money. Send me some I will go pick it up.

It's running great. This video is from last weekend. I'll be at Trike Fest. How about you?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ilkJr0ql1hk
    85 Tri-z Power valve on Inverts
    85 Tri-z Basket Case
    01 gsxr750 engine/Tri-z frame (long long way from complete)

--
    Sounds great! I'm not going to tf. I will have to work on making time next year.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Steve_Man View Post
    I plan on getting one of these, but I just haven't pulled the trigger yet.
    http://www.grizzly.com//combination-lathe-mills
    Those 3 in 1 machines do work great!! But, if you need to do something longer or larger you will wish you got something else. It's all in YOUR NEEDS to be truthful.

If those do the metal work for you a bit slower but great for you, they are fantastic machines! Otherwise, you can find both a Bridgeport and a 10" - 14" lathe for short money if you look. Some are old junk. Again, it's all in your needs; I don't like to take anything to anyone and pay for their work!!
    All our government does is distract us while they steal from us, misspend our tax $ and ruin our country

--
    I have a HF 7 x 10 and love it. its small but is great for smaller parts. Invest in some stubby drill bits though.. lol and learn to sharpen and shape your own cutters... it will save you $$$ and time and make your turning life that much nicer. Plus you can find a lot of cutters cheap at local flea markets. I bought a whole big metal tool box full of cutters drill bits and other goodies for $20.00 it was a gold mine! lol a lot of guys who usually have piles of old rusty tools will usually have SOMETHING you can use, always look for boxes of crappy old tools and if they have a good amount of turning related stuff you want, think up a fair price that you'd pay for the turning tools then take like 5 or 10 bucks off of that and offer the dealer that much for the whole box. Don't let him know you just want the turning tools unless he is absolutely not going to deal with you because some guys think even rust is worth money... lol but usually they'll tell you ten buck more than your offer... try to not go over 5 bucks more than your absolute highest price you'd pay. if he wont deal then ask him how much for just the tools you want. then he is stuck because he cant tell you he wants more for those than he does for the whole box. lol and you already know what you'll pay so you'll be ok.

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //