//ArrowChat Code
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Another one...

Watford city, North Dakota United States "THE BAKKEN" / Lebanon, Oregon United states.
    --
    Quote Originally Posted by loganm View Post
    Believe me or not, 13mm head bolts actually exist. I don't think I've seen one on a Honda though.
    ...why would they make a 13 or 11 or a 9 MM wrench if they didn't exist?....#stupid^

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
    Saying "it's the trikes fault" is like saying "guns kill people"
    don't poke the bear... you'll get banned

--
    Why doesn't anyone shut this b.s. down? Admittedly, lack of moderation is probably the only reason I'm still around, but this stuff is killing this site. It's a morgue in here, even compared to just a few years ago. There's no ebb and flow anymore, only ebb. Do something before it's too late.

To everyone contributing, rise above this trash. If I can do it, anyone can.

loganm is offline Competing with a gnat in reading comprehension. Current winner: Gnat. Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    Quote Originally Posted by AK47KID View Post
    ...why would they make a 13 or 11 or a 9 MM wrench if they didn't exist?....#stupid^

It was a joke >_>

Watford city, North Dakota United States "THE BAKKEN" / Lebanon, Oregon United states.
    --
    It was a joke >_>
    Sorry to tell you this but you suck at joke telling....anyways ill watch what you do. Top end terrorist..

Last edited by AK47KID; 05-24-2016 at 12:19 PM.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by AK47KID View Post

If you use your local hardware store, the M8 x 1,25 pitched bolts do have a 13MM or 1/2" bolt heads.

Japan makes them differently and more like were use to...
    All our government does is distract us while they steal from us, misspend our tax $ and ruin our country

loganm is offline Competing with a gnat in reading comprehension. Current winner: Gnat. Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirtcrasher View Post
    If you use your local hardware store, the M8 x 1,25 pitched bolts do have a 13MM or 1/2" bolt heads.

Japan makes them differently and more like were use to...
    Japanese metric is what I've heard them called. I can't find them anywhere locally. I try to avoid replacing them with the larger head "European" metric unless I replace all of them.

--
    Uhhh im confident now that after two failures idk what the hell IM doing with this. I've ran 4 heat cycles, two short light rides, retorqued the base and head bolts. 152 main, needle bumped up a clip. It won't free rev standing still, still bogs. By my understanding they didn't have a rev limiter first two years. It seems to run fine riding it, I haven't tried running it hard, still breaking it in. My silencer hasn't came yet either so I want to avoid any prolonged periods or riding (more than a few minutes). I actually don't want to get on it at all until I've ran through this first tank of fuel, at least.

Airfoolers.com has a break-in guide which is completely anal, more than I would like to do, but it is a site dedicated to ATCs with this motor after all.

--
    Uhhh im confident now that after two failures idk what the hell IM doing with this....It won't free rev standing still, still bogs... Airfoolers.com has a break-in guide which is completely anal, more than I would like to do
    My advice. Sell it to a member here cheap, preferably one who has dreamed of having one for years, and buy a new side by side or something and let those with a little patience and a willingness to learn have their fun.

You cut corners. Every time i've done that i've gotten burned. You get out what you put in.

Granted my luck seemed a whole lot better before i knew any better.
    Suicide Hill Survivor

The rides:
    1981 ATC110
    1982 ATC185
    1983 ATC185s
    1984 ATC200es
    1985 ATC200x

When the going gets tough, the tough get sideways

--
    Quote Originally Posted by 83ATC185 View Post
    My advice. Sell it to a member here cheap, preferably one who has dreamed of having one for years, and buy a new side by side or something and let those with a little patience and a willingness to learn have their fun.

You cut corners. Every time i've done that i've gotten burned. You get out what you put in.

Granted my luck seemed a whole lot better before i knew any better.
    Yeah that's what I want to do, finance a $20K piece of Polaris scrap. Lol. Maybe if I were trying to win the most ill-advised purchase of the year award. Worth 40x what I paid for my car, and my car would still be more reliable.

Obviously I am willing to learn, I taught myself how to rebuild the bottom end. I won't pawn an unfinished project off on someone else, I've far eclipsed the point of coming out ahead fiscally, so the only real way I will come out ahead is if I finish this. I don't give up as easily as you.

--
    Hahahahahahahah DONT MAKE ME LAUGH^^^

--
    How could I, you don't get jokes.

--
    I don't think I've had any more anticipation for first ride than this one. When is that silencer showing up?
    Looking for a Bassani silencer for a 2nd gen tecate, the style with the movable mount. 1st gen will work

82 250r is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    Jetting rich for a new break-in can glaze the cylinder and your rings wont seat properly. Stock jetting is where you should be until the motor is ready to be jetted. There are reasons for being anal about a breakin procedure.
    20-1 oil will lean the air fuel ratio. You have less gas in 20-1 mix for a given amount of air. Todays 32-1 is yesterdays 20-1.

You cannot seat the rings without cylinder pressure.
    You cannot create cylinder pressure without running it moderate to hard.
    You cannot run it moderate to hard without a silencer.

My friend...i't appears you are repeating the same mistakes...i'm not sure why.
    The things you are doing may make "sense" to you...nevertheless, they are still wrong.
    I hope this helps
    Marc

Scootertrash is offline Just Too Addicted: Protecting Our Community The day begins with 3WW
    --
    We've been thru all this shyte with him before. He won't listen. He knows it all, especially the price of pistons.

Why do you think nobody is trying to give him advice anymore.

Read the "How many pistons" thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by fabiodriven View Post
    Trick the people into thinking they're enacting their own will and you have willing slaves.

Liberalism suspends the intellect of its victims, while at the same time tricking them into believing that they're smarter than everyone else.

If we've done business together, please leave me feedback. Thank You!:

http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthr...t=Scootertrash

--
    Yes of course, repeating the same mistakes, that's why I bought a silencer, that's why I'm running the stock main.

20:1 is what the manual says. Even with the improvements im oil technology (read: not that much) 20:1 is 20:1 whether you're using premix designed in the 1980s or 2016, it's the same amount of oil in the gas. On top of that, Mercury(?) did a test, 18:1 is actually the optimal ratio for power in a 2 stroke, it's just not efficient. It's an air cooled 2 stroke, it will naturally require more oil than a liquid cooled engine due to the fact that it will run hotter.

Youre trying to help, and so is everyone else. The problem is, your advice, along with everyone else's, is contradicting. So obviously there are varied opinions on the subject. Everyone thinks they're right, everyone is an expert, and all these correct experts all have different opinions.

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //