//ArrowChat Code

Thread: 350x kick starter not engaging. HELP!!!

--

350x kick starter not engaging. HELP!!!

I was doing some carb tuning on my '85 350X yesterday, when i went to kick the bike, POP! The kicker went down with no resistance but returned like normal now i can push the kicker down with my hand and its not engaging anything. Also, with the bike in gear, i can push it along with some effort but the engine does not turn over while the wheels are moving.

The kicker has popped before and felt like it skipped a little but i just bring it back up and it worked fine. No such luck this time.

Anyone have this problem before or know what my issue is off hand? I cant find anything specifically for the X in a search.

I have not had time to take the side cover off, and likely will not have for a while. Im getting ready to move out of state for a new job, so getting my house ready to sell is priority. I just want to know if its going to be an easy fix that one of y'all has experienced or is an engine out, case splitting job.

any help is greatly appreciated.

--
    You will need to take the side cover off to investigate. It could be as simple as a clip came off allowing the gear to lose contact or as bad as the kicker teeth braking.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nearly every kind of Honda ATC (plus some custom ones
    several Yami Quads (mostly custom built for MX racing)

https://www.mikesatvfix.com

"Freedom is not free...but the U.S. Marine Corps will pay most of your share."

--
    thank you. hopefully i will have time soon before i move. its bothering me just sitting there.

--
    Carnage that I found

--
    It seems like I put the pinion gear and shaft assembly in wrong. That allowed the pinion gear and 2nd idler gear to walk out toward the clutch basket. The 2nd idler gear bushing had enough, it broke on one of the kicks, and went as far forward as it could.

--
    I think it will be ok after some serious cleaning and flushing... Provided I can find another 2nd idler gear bushing... And I put it back together right this time.

--

350x kick starter not engaging. HELP!!!

So... Anyone have a 2nd idler gear bushing they would be willing to part with for a reasonable price so I can terrorize my new neighborhood!!?

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //