Name :triston loshe
    Machine:85 honda atc 250r
    Class:c class 2stroke novice
    Number:17
    Name:Jarren Graumax
    Machine :85 atc 250r
    Class:c class 2 stroke novice
    Number:23

knipfeldustin is offline My quality posts are with flight MH370. Arm chair racerNew to the board
    --
    Board Name : knipfeldustin
    Name : Dustin Knipfel
    Machine : 82 250R
    Number : 55
    Class : 2 stroke novice "c class"

--
    Quote Originally Posted by El Camexican View Post
    Hey Hottibaby, it just occurred to me that you may be missing the boat on a very competitive ATV class. Have you ever considered a Utility Class race? Participants would have to have rear racks and each would need to secure an equally weighted hay bale to it and complete the race without losing the bale. Duct tape permitted.
    We have done utility competitions before. It has been many years. So many events... so little time!

Quote Originally Posted by El Camexican View Post
    So what about signing up for other events, like drags, hill climbing, wheelie contests and barrel racing, or are the rest impromptu? I prefer to sign up online rather than onsite. Drinking and signing may not be a good idea for some of us.
    As soon as MX ends, drag race sign-up begins. This is done in person with Billy and Xowner. Since those brackets need to be very structured and with tech inspection, etc., that process is more formal (about as formal as things get at TF). Sign-ups generally stay open for about 2 hours, are mostly held in the snack bar area beside the office. If you miss drag sign-ups on Friday afternoon, you are SOL come Saturday.

When you crest the top of Devil's Backbone to the applause of adoring trike fans, you have entered the hill climb competition.

Barrel racing may happen 2 or 3 different nights. It doesn't get dark until 10pm at Haspin in June. The lights magically come on (beside the mud pit) and the crowd just filters in. Show up at the starting line on a trike to enter. There are no rules and no losers. Attendance at this event constitutes a win in my book!!

--
    BOARD NAME: Neverlift
    NAME: Jake Mueller
    MACHINE: Tri-z
    RACE NUMBER: 727
    Class: 2 Stroke B

I have never raced any sanctioned MX. But I've been to a hand full of tracks on practice days with my quad (around 30 times over the years). I am hope to get in some practice on Thursday and one of you veterans can tell me what class I belong in. I see 2 stroke A says no inverts. What about B and C?
    Last edited by NeverLift; 06-03-2016 at 03:21 PM.
    85 Tri-z Power valve on Inverts
    85 Tri-z Basket Case
    01 gsxr750 engine/Tri-z frame (long long way from complete)

--
    BOARD NAME: Trike_crazy
    NAME: Tyler Mayfield
    MACHINE: YTM225
    RACE #: 77
    CLASS: MID SIZED UTILITY

MACHINE: 86 125m
    CLASS: UNSUSPENDED
    1979 ATC110
    1983 ATC110
    1984 ATC110
    1984 ATC125M
    1985 ATC110 2 of them
    1985 ATC110 The wife's
    1987 ATC125M
    1985 ATC250ES
    1984 DX225 with 250 timberwolf engine and swingarm. Wolf in DX clothing

--
    Quote Originally Posted by NeverLift View Post
    I have never raced any sanctioned MX. But I've been to a hand full of tracks on practice days with my quad (around 30 times over the years). I am hope to get in some practice on Thursday and one of you veterans can tell me what class I belong in. I see 2 stroke A says no inverts. What about B and C?
    Well, this isn't sanctioned either, so your perfect record will remain intact.

Here's the line of reasoning on inverted forks:
    No inverts in 2 stroke A because we are trying to keep that class very vintage, pure, and period correct.
    If you are good enough to race A class, and if you are sporting modern inverted forks, you should be running Unlimited Open Expert.
    While we haven't held true to this in the past, 2 stroke A is from here forward about expert racers on vintage machines only.

B & C classes are much more about rider ability than machine. C is for guys who have never been on a track.
    Having never seen you ride, it is really hard to say, but based on your description you sound like a B class rider to me.
    Please come find me on Wednesday or Thursday. I am looking forward to finally meeting you in person.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by Trike_crazy View Post
    BOARD NAME: Trike_crazy
    NAME: Tyler Mayfield
    MACHINE: YTM225
    CLASS: MID SIZED UTILITY

MACHINE: 86 125m
    CLASS: UNSUSPENDED
    ^^^ Love watching this guy ride. Attention Unsuspended and Utility racers - you have been warned! ^^^

--
    Quote Originally Posted by keister View Post
    Well, this isn't sanctioned either, so your perfect record will remain intact.

Here's the line of reasoning on inverted forks:
    No inverts in 2 stroke A because we are trying to keep that class very vintage, pure, and period correct.
    If you are good enough to race A class, and if you are sporting modern inverted forks, you should be running Unlimited Open Expert.
    While we haven't held true to this in the past, 2 stroke A is from here forward about expert racers on vintage machines only.

B & C classes are much more about rider ability than machine. C is for guys who have never been on a track.
    Having never seen you ride, it is really hard to say, but based on your description you sound like a B class rider to me.
    Please come find me on Wednesday or Thursday. I am looking forward to finally meeting you in person.
    I would like to join the Unlimited Open Expert class but would probably be getting in over my head. For now sign me up for B class. If we can practice on Thursday and you guys think i can move up I will. I will definitely come find you. I've only met a few members here at Rampage a couple years back.
    85 Tri-z Power valve on Inverts
    85 Tri-z Basket Case
    01 gsxr750 engine/Tri-z frame (long long way from complete)

trikeguy2014 is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerFirst time rider
    --
    BOARD NAME: trikeguy2014
    NAME: Blake Bischoff
    MACHINE: 85 atc 250r
    RACE NUMBER: 27
    Class: C Two Stroke

NAME: Evan Pflum
    MACHINE: 84 200s
    RACE NUMBER: 3
    Class: Semi Suspended
    One of the Haspin Locals
    Trikefest 12' 13' 14' 15' 16' 17'

Trikes owned

1985 Honda atc 250r - raced by yours truly #27
    1985 Honda atc 250es big red- Dad bought new from Ike's Honda in Richmond Indiana
    1984 Honda atc 200s - raced by Evan Pflum #3

trikeguy2014 is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerFirst time rider
    --
    I raced C last year but took 4th in the rain after taking the holeshot to just killing it on the third corner... If I need to move up to B we can work that out on race day...
    One of the Haspin Locals
    Trikefest 12' 13' 14' 15' 16' 17'

Trikes owned

1985 Honda atc 250r - raced by yours truly #27
    1985 Honda atc 250es big red- Dad bought new from Ike's Honda in Richmond Indiana
    1984 Honda atc 200s - raced by Evan Pflum #3

--
    Quote Originally Posted by keister View Post
    ^^^ Love watching this guy ride. Attention Unsuspended and Utility racers - you have been warned! ^^^
    If I could get my hands on a 350x or 250r I'd be in those classes too lol. Maybe next year
    1979 ATC110
    1983 ATC110
    1984 ATC110
    1984 ATC125M
    1985 ATC110 2 of them
    1985 ATC110 The wife's
    1987 ATC125M
    1985 ATC250ES
    1984 DX225 with 250 timberwolf engine and swingarm. Wolf in DX clothing

--
    Quote Originally Posted by NeverLift View Post
    I would like to join the Unlimited Open Expert class but would probably be getting in over my head. For now sign me up for B class. If we can practice on Thursday and you guys think i can move up I will. I will definitely come find you. I've only met a few members here at Rampage a couple years back.
    I have you signed up in 2-stroke Advanced (B). Believe me, it is a very fast race for riders with track experience. I am anxious to see how it turns out this year. Good luck.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by trikeguy2014 View Post
    NAME: Blake Bischoff
    MACHINE: 85 atc 250r
    RACE NUMBER: 27
    Class: C Two Stroke

NAME: Evan Pflum
    MACHINE: 84 200s
    RACE NUMBER: 3
    Class: Semi Suspended
    Love to see you guys stay for the awards ceremony on Saturday night. Seems like every year Evan whoops up on the competition, then just magically disappears

nicker71 is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    Board name: nicker71
    Name: nick muckerman
    Machine: 84 250r
    Race number: 71
    Class: 2 stroke A

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //