//ArrowChat Code
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: TrikeFest MX 2016 RESULTS posted Page 3

--

TrikeFest MX 2016 RESULTS posted Page 3

Trikefest Moto Cross will be held on Friday, June 24, 2016 at Haspin Acres in Laurel, IN.
    Riders meeting at NOON, with racing to follow shortly.
    The track will be open to practice all morning and hopefully Thursday, as well.
    Provided it is still there, we will be using the same small TT-style track as in 2015.

Classes have been added. There are now 13 classes from which to choose.

This lineup is not a race order - merely a listing of all classes available for entry. We will make every attempt to ensure that you do not have to run back to back if you enter more than one class.

There is no entry fee. SIGN-UPS WILL CLOSE Thursday evening (June 23). Make sure you find me or ATC-Tim to sign up prior to that. Advanced on-line sign up may be done in this thread.

Rule change: Each class will only run once. This not only encourages running multiple classes, but should also help move the program more quickly.

The 2-stroke classes listed are based more on rider ability than the machines. The intention is to place you on the track with other riders of similar skill level, for competitive and fun racing. If you have a question as to what class you belong in, please don't be afraid to ask.

As always, we will need volunteers to flag on jumps and corners. Please help out by flagging a few races if you can. Nobody wants to be out there all day, so the more people, the better.

Number of laps will be discussed and determined at the riders meeting. Weather and the length of the track will be two of the determining factors.

Unlimited Open Expert - No limitations on displacement or mods. Run what you brung. Expert riders with extensive MX experience ONLY!

2-Stroke Expert (A class) - Expert only class for vintage trikes. Any modifications must be 1980's period correct. No inverts, no 450 conversions.

2-Stroke Advanced (B class) – Generally 250cc two-stroke riders with MX racing experience.

2-stroke Novice (C class) – Mostly 250cc two-stroke riders with little or no MX racing experience.

(^^^ if you won C class last year, move up to B. If you won B class, move up to A)

350X class - Highly competitive and a blast to watch. Big bores and worked motors are permitted.

Mid Size Sport – 200X class. Big bores and worked motors are permitted.

Mid Size Utility - 250cc and under 4 stroke, or 175cc 2 stroke with front and rear suspension such as 250ES, 250SX, YTM225, etc

Hard Tails (semi-suspended) – Front suspension only, such as 200S, 200M, YTM200, YT175, etc.

Unsuspended – Up to such as ATC70, 90, 110, YT60, YT125, ALT125, etc. Pitbike motors are permitted, suspension is NOT. Any common Lifan, Chinese, or other clutch pitbike motor (125, 140, 150cc or bigger is allowed).

Ladies Trike - Ladies of all ages on any size 3-wheeler.

Kids Trike – Kids up to 13 years old and 125cc.

Geriatric class – Age 40 and over on any size three-wheeler.

Conversion class - Dirtbike conversions, quad conversions, custom built 3-wheelers are all permitted. This is a brand new class for 2016.

Post any questions you have about classes in this thread.

2 NEW RULES for 2016:
    1. Protective gear: Full face helmets are required for MX. No sneakers or gym shoes!
    2. Number plates are required. Does not need to be fancy, but paper plates are no longer permitted. They rarely last the entire moto.

Protective eyewear, long sleeves, long pants, chest protector, riding boots, gloves, and tether kill switch are not yet required but are HIGHLY RECOMMENDED.

ONLINE SIGN UP BEGINS IS NOW CLOSED!!
    Last edited by keister; 06-29-2016 at 11:58 AM. Reason: RESULTS

--
    Example:

I would like to sign up for ladies class.

BOARD NAME: Hottiebabe
    NAME: Sharon Peters
    MACHINE: KLR650 conversion
    RACE NUMBER: 68

--
    Board name : Eric250R
    Name: Eric Banks
    Class: conversion
    Machine: Tionesta Trikes 450R
    Number: 311

Class: 2-stroke advanced
    Machine: Kawasaki Tecate
    Number: 311
    Last edited by Eric250R; 06-15-2016 at 10:50 PM.
    Tionesta Trikes ATC 450R
    86 250R
    86 Tecate-3
    83 ATC 70
    85 Big Red
    81 KLT 200
    85 250SX
    Tricky Dicks Cagiva WMX 200 sold
    Trikefest survivor 07, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20
    My feedback: http://www.3wheelerworldforums.com/s...dback+eric250r

--
    BOARD NAME: 86T3
    NAME: Joe Swatland
    MACHINE: KLX 450 conversion
    RACE NUMBER: 64

Open expert and conversion class
    BOARD NAME: 86T3
    NAME: Joe Swatland
    MACHINE: KLt160
    RACE NUMBER: 64
    Hard tail

Is there going to be a hard tail challenge bonus again this year? I think I could throw some swag to make it interesting.
    Looking for a Bassani silencer for a 2nd gen tecate, the style with the movable mount. 1st gen will work

--
    Which class is least likely to have others flying over my head as I roll cautiously through the doubles: 2 stroke novice, or geriatric?

Can the numbers be just on the rear (hanging off the bumper), or do they have to be on the front as well?
    It sucks to get old

--
    Sign up for Geriatric, El. You can change your mind after you ride the track.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by El Camexican View Post

Can the numbers be just on the rear (hanging off the bumper), or do they have to be on the front as well?
    Excellent question. Both would be preferred, but the really important thing is to make sure the scorer knows who you are as you exit the track. Trophies only go to top 3, so if you get 4th or lower, none of that matters anyway.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by El Camexican View Post
    Which class is least likely to have others flying over my head as I roll cautiously through the doubles: 2 stroke novice, or geriatric?

If it's the same track as last year you don't need to worry about any high flyers. It was more of a TT track than MX, which made for some exciting racing.
    Looking for a Bassani silencer for a 2nd gen tecate, the style with the movable mount. 1st gen will work

--

Number plates

If ANY of you riders are in need of a number plate please PM ME with color choice + race number/lettering so I can tag with your info and drop by my camp on AlkyHill to p/u.
    Detailing these out for TrikeFest2016 is one of my holiday week end projects (on right ~ done / on left yet to do).
    I have been in contact with https://www.facebook.com/Blue-Line-G...6896510698501/ (Bruce),,, orhttp://www.3wheelerworld.com/member.php/4019-blue27
    He won't be able to attend TF2016 this year so have your number/letters or what ever planned out ahead of time to affix to 1/4 inch mesh. Perhaps time left to get some of his awesome lettering/number products B-4 TF2016 no matter what you want to put them on,,,,
    Looking SO forward to seeing some most awesome world class racing (in my world anyway) !!!

john
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2.jpg 
Views:	139 
Size:	912.1 KB 
ID:	232196  
    Last edited by jeswinehart; 05-29-2016 at 12:48 AM. Reason: anybody ever read why ???

--
    Ok, here's to hoping my body lasts the week.

BOARD NAME: El Camexican
    NAME: Nicholas Psooy
    MACHINE: YTM 200
    RACE NUMBER: 13
    CLASS: Hard Tail

BOARD NAME: El Camexican
    NAME: Nicholas Psooy
    MACHINE: YTZ 250
    RACE NUMBER: 13
    CLASS: Geriatric +

Quote Originally Posted by keister View Post
    Trophies only go to top 3, so if you get 4th or lower, none of that matters anyway.
    I'll be the mobile chicane, so no worry about getting the number right
    It sucks to get old

--
    Hey Hottibaby, it just occurred to me that you may be missing the boat on a very competitive ATV class. Have you ever considered a Utility Class race? Participants would have to have rear racks and each would need to secure an equally weighted hay bale to it and complete the race without losing the bale. Duct tape permitted.

So what about signing up for other events, like drags, hill climbing, wheelie contests and barrel racing, or are the rest impromptu? I prefer to sign up online rather than onsite. Drinking and signing may not be a good idea for some of us.
    It sucks to get old

loshe191 is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerFirst time rider
    --
    Board name:loshe191
    Name:Jeff Loshe
    Machine:85ATC250R
    Race number:191
    Class:two stroke novice c class
    Last edited by loshe191; 06-20-2016 at 06:09 PM.

Queef Chief is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerFirst time rider
    --
    I would like to sign up for the 2stroke novice class:

Board Name: Queef Chief

Name: Jason Dowell

Machine: '85 250r

Race Number: 8

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

--
    I had ran c class last year and finished first first time ever racing because of rain should i enter c or b 2stroke this year

--
    Quote Originally Posted by mikey kinikey 4 View Post
    I had ran c class last year and finished first first time ever racing because of rain should i enter c or b 2stroke this year
    If you won C, you race B this year. Congrats on the win and good luck moving up in class.

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //