//ArrowChat Code
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Jemco pipes

averysdad is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerFirst time rider
    --

Jemco pipes

I just emailed jemco pipes about the price to build a pipe for my 84 250r.

I would like a pipe with the most gain in the mid rang with maybe some gain on bottom and top don't know if this is even possible? For sure don't want to lose any bottom. I want the power band to come on hard and pull like crazy in a wide rpm range is this possible?

Later I would like to get a spare jug have a 290cc sleeve put in and have it ported and polished.

Should I get the jug done first then have the pipe made? I would like the pipe to work good with the stock jug and also a ported 290cc jug if possible?

Also going to get a better carb later.

Are jemco pipes any good Post pics and performance reviews of your jemco pipe on your air cooled R's

--
    They are OK for what you get. I have seen some posts on here about the quality of welds/delay in shipping and dents in the pipes when received. Couple that with the fact that I could never get them to answer through email...make sure you call them. Maybe another member can chime in that knows the secret door knock......

I don't know how deep your pockets are for a pipe, but it might be worth it to give Kenny Roberts a call. I hear he can make just about any pipe. His quality is flawless and the all around gains are worth the extra dough.

pipe will only do so much. There are three basic types of porting, Low to mid, mid to top and all around. You can't get all three (I don't care what a porter says he has in his magical bag of porting/unicorns and leprechauns) so make sure you know exactly what you want. I like a motor that comes on hard throughout the RPM and then I gear appropriately for more top end. I could care less what top end is, I wanna see how fast I can get there.

personally I would do the cylinder first then match the carb and pipe to the bore / port work.

Be ready to shill out some dough for the path you are walking down.
    Last edited by yaegerb; 06-02-2016 at 07:02 PM.
    Feedback for yaegerb: Click Here

Need something blasted or polished or both? Send me a PM

--
    Well it has to be better than a DG right?

I won't be shipping the pipe I live in Houston so I'll go to there shop and pick it up. If they don't answer my email I'll drive over there and try knocking 3 times lol.

I don't have deep pockets at all I was hoping for $300 or less. need something that holds up and performs well don't have to be perfect looking welds

--
    You need to call. They don't do email well. You're going to be looking at about $430 shipped with a bare finish. It's a get what you pay for trade off on price as I suspect others are near double that.
    It sucks to get old

--
    Ill call or just drive over there one day.... when It stops flooding lol.

Hope I can get it a little cheaper than 430$ if I pick it up.

I thank the bare finish looks cool on the air cooled bikes.

Most importantly how is the performance gains?? It's better than a DG pipe right??

--
    Find a Bassani and fix it up, any aftermarket silencer will be fine.

No spark arrestor unless you are required to run one.

Find a Hondaline 300 kit and save the stocker. Find a 1986 250r carb and reed block and grab some Boyesen two stage reeds and a nice filter and you will have a clean, good running trike.

Sent from my SM-G386T1 using Tapatalk
    Email- onformula1@hotmail.com Rebuilt, Revalved, custom springs, lowering, forks & shocks, Custom Suspension, all brands, 2-3-4 wheeler's- PM or Email with questions.

***Check out my album for cool pictures*** http://www.3wheelerworld.com/album.php?albumid=2527

As always- Everything I post is IMHO.

--
    Finding them at a reasonable price will be the hard part.

--
    We run Jemco and love it! He did a totally custom pipe for my son's racing quad and it was off the charts! Looks killer and works great! My experiences are nothing but flawless!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nearly every kind of Honda ATC (plus some custom ones
    several Yami Quads (mostly custom built for MX racing)

https://www.mikesatvfix.com

"Freedom is not free...but the U.S. Marine Corps will pay most of your share."

--
    did you try LED racing???? I know he will make custom pipes and I bet he has molds for the lrd pipes that were made for the air-cooled 250r's.

--
    I'll look into LED racing thanks for the info!

--
    Quote Originally Posted by averysdad View Post
    I'll look into LED racing thanks for the info!

Arlen will be just as expensive as Kenny, FYI. Last time I talked to arlen about doing me an LED for my 85 250R he chuckled and said I dont' think so, but this was two years ago.
    Feedback for yaegerb: Click Here

Need something blasted or polished or both? Send me a PM

--
    LED is in the process of making 3rd generation ATC 250R pipes for a standard or small big bore cylinders, i.e., 250 to 310 cc. Check out their facebook page and you can see pictures of the patterns. He already makes a big bore pipe for 350s. Expect to pay $500 to $600 for a full system. Arlan would make a custom one-off for the 2nd generation, but expect to pay even more. I have a Bassani and they are great pipes. You just have to keep and eye on ebay and they come up now and then.

--
    Not really looking to pay that much at this time.

I'll try to get ahold of jemco .

Scootertrash is offline Just Too Addicted: Protecting Our Community The day begins with 3WW
    --
    Please update the thread once you get whatever pipe it is you get.

Yea, performance gets spendy, $$ per horse
    Quote Originally Posted by fabiodriven View Post
    Trick the people into thinking they're enacting their own will and you have willing slaves.

Liberalism suspends the intellect of its victims, while at the same time tricking them into believing that they're smarter than everyone else.

If we've done business together, please leave me feedback. Thank You!:

http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthr...t=Scootertrash

--
    Well he did email back

Jody,
    I’ve got a jig for this one. It sells for $350.00 (bare metal). Give me a call.
    Thanks,
    Jon

Jon Easton
    Jemco
    1919 B. Blalock Rd.
    Houston, TX 77080
    713-461-3834

Took so long I have already burned my stock pipe out and repainted it lol. And Now the bike is running like crap

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //