//ArrowChat Code

Thread: RMX Owners ?

--

RMX Owners ?

Any of you guys own an RMX?, I just picked up a 97 and am looking for good info, and good forums for the bike, good source for suzuki parts? Never owned anything but honda, so just trying to get familiar with it. been searching for one for awhile, not an easy bike to find. Always rode XR600's and still do , but wanted something a little more nimble now that i'm older, and for tighter single track stuff. Tight bike, only rode it for a minute, ran good, changing all the fluids now, guy said he hadnt run it in a year. It has standard bore wiseco with stock head gasket, boysen rad valve, fmf gnarly pipe with sock silencer. air box lid is on, but the snorkel is gone. Guy was in his mid fifties, and maintained the bike, said he rode it quite a bit at one time, so it should be dialed in nice, but I will see when I get done with some maintenance. Excited to see how this bike rides!!

--
    Rory get in touch with Anthony he may have some parts for you. I know he has owned a few over the years. He probably could point you in the right direction.
    Trikefest surviver 2013 and 2014

Toaster556 is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerFirst time rider
    --
    Not an RMX owner, just a 98 RM250, but I used to frequent the Suzuki Two Stroke forum on Thumpertalk back when I was constantly changing things on the bike. You will be hard pressed to find a bike that will be more nimble in the woods once it's set up right. Mine has Pro Circuit suspension front and rear, done for my weight but still moto valved rather than the softer woods valving. It was a bit of money to have it done, but I routinely ride it for four or five hours in tight 'n nasty woods comfortably so I believe it's worth it.

Two popular mods from the few RMX owners I know, are running the head gasket from an 89 RM250, as it increases the compression a bit, and flinging the stock muffler as far as you can in favour of something lighter. They seem to be split on the Pro Circuit Nature Friendly sparky and the FMF Turbinecore, although the FMF isn't available anymore.

--
    I have a 94? I know parts interchangability from year to year is very small . This one still ran,but the crank bearings were so far gone the flywheel ate into the stator till it lost spark,yep, the bottom is about scrap...It is technically my Sons,and it's for sale if you need parts. $400.
    Please help those who cannot help themselves.

ALWAYS buying Museum quality machines,3 and 4 wheels. And any and ALL ,NOS parts,EVERY brand.

I am turning my PM's Off,my Email is billsracing@hotmail.com,put 3WW in the subject. Thanx!

Gun laws do not stop criminals. BULLETS do.

--
    There are some knowledgeable guys on the NETRA.ORG website under the vintage forums......A few guys are running the RMX....very competitive.
    '85 ATC350X
    '85 ATC110
    '85 ATC200X (gone)
    '84 ATC125m (gone)
    '86 Tecate 250 (gone)

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //