//ArrowChat Code
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: New shop

--
    Hey you bet. It's evident you have skilled tradesmen building your place, along with your first hand knowledge. Once in awhile I'll send my opinion w/o knowing it all. Thx for being a gent. I'm sure your going to enjoy it.

--
    deere fits well under the overhang. a good place to drop off the backhoe attachment when I need to flail cut
    2 crawlers and log arch will also be under there along with the blacksmith stuff
    Last edited by plastikosmd; 11-17-2016 at 08:33 PM.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by plastikosmd View Post
    Now u tell me!
    Good thought
    I probably will install some pegboard, maybe some metal where I cut and weld
    x 2 from what DC said. With the fit and fit and finish of that shop, 1/16" polished diamond plate aluminum panel would look awesome and protect the drywall.
    Trikes
    1970/71 US 90 (Aquarius Blue)
    1970/71 US 90 (Future Project)
    1972/73 US 90 Camo Project (110 Big Bore)
    1972/73 US 90 Green
    1977 ATC 90 w/83 110 motor (Fugly)
    1982 ATC 70
    1983 ATC 70 (Ladybug)
    1973 ATC 70

1965 Marketeer 3 Wheel Golf Cart with 1986 Honda 250 drivetrain

TF 2015

Other
    1983 Honda Z50
    1978 Honda XL75

Feedback http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthr...ck-for-coopool
    http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthr...k-for-coolpool

--
    Move is done. Next is to start reorganizing, air lines and dust collection and electric/heat install.

I was a bit concerned with the "counterweights" when moving my rivett

Monarch and rest in place

--
    God I love this stuff. I remember the excitement moving in the Bridgeport and the SBheavy10; I had to do them alone!!
    All our government does is distract us while they steal from us, misspend our tax $ and ruin our country

--
    I did it all alone, once(the accumulation over years) to move it all again at once. Forget it. 6 guys, 3 days, 2 10wheelers and 2 6 wheelers. 3 trips each truck. Phew

--
    I have a small jib crane for the monarch. I put that up. I use a die cart that crank lifts for vise and stuff on mills, trying to work smarter not harder but I seem to still prefer to muscle stuff on and off. I ordered the auto lifts today.13k lift capacity each for a total of 52k. Wireless w pendant controls. Mobile column lifts, full height jackstands (swap out lifts for brake work and such) and bumper lift attachment for full frame vehicles, ie my pickups. With that you can drop down to lifting with just 2, one on each end. I have to fabricate something up to lift the crawlers, maybe a runway of a sort.

update

stock image of column lifts

--
    so badass. i'm very jealous.
    Wubba Lubba Dub Dub!!!!!

TRIKES:
    86 250r
    85 250sx
    86 250sx
    84 Yamaha 225DX - Bruins Trike
    85 Yama 225DX - The Rental!
    150cc Piranha powered 70
    110cc Lifan 70
    82 70
    83 ALT 50 Trail Buddy
    88 Yamaha BW 80
    84 z50

--
    finished the dust collection for wood shop. The
    collector resides in metal shop below in closet. Controlled via remote. Nice and quiet

I also got most of copper run in all 3 shops for air. The fabrication area shows some of lines. Dust collecton pipe hides it in wood shop

--
    Bit of touch up painting to do.
    Oil change not out in this crap, finally!

tripledog is offline I could be geriatricdog... at my age Got the holeshot
    --
    You have an amazing attention to detail, plastik! That shop is super clean and equipped to the gills. The craftsmanship looks to be top notch.
    I like the old green metal cabinet with it's killer patina, and the fact that it has lived to see another day. Should you ever feel the need to throw it away, throw it my way...
    The parting photo is picture-postcard worthy. The light blanket of snow, Christmas lights on the tree, and the light centered in the gable window are very easy on the eye. Your new shop has a style and character that belies its true age. Looks like it could have been there for a century or more. Gotta love timeless design.
    At the risk of repeating myself, you do nice work!
    Last edited by tripledog; 01-07-2017 at 11:01 PM. Reason: it

Scootertrash is offline Just Too Addicted: Protecting Our Community The day begins with 3WW
    --
    What he said ^

Awesome shop!! Mine will never be that spectacular.
    Quote Originally Posted by fabiodriven View Post
    Trick the people into thinking they're enacting their own will and you have willing slaves.

Liberalism suspends the intellect of its victims, while at the same time tricking them into believing that they're smarter than everyone else.

If we've done business together, please leave me feedback. Thank You!:

http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthr...t=Scootertrash

--
    Thx, I'm sure I missed a few things. It overall it meets my vision. I did wrap the bottom 4 feet of the garage shop with plexiglass to try and keep the walls a bit cleaner. We will see how that works out.i should probably lay a bead of silicone at the top or something to keep dirt from going down the wall and behind the tacked up plexi...Hrm

tripledog is offline I could be geriatricdog... at my age Got the holeshot
    --
    If you could prep the back of the plexi to accept the paint that you used on the walls, the yucky-pucky, bugs, and grime that may find its way behind the panels would be a non-issue. As far as sealing the plexi, were it my shop (where is that winning lottery ticket when you need it?), I would make a chair rail molding to cover any sealant.
    Your table saw is likely worth more than my house. Just sayin'...
    Last edited by tripledog; 01-07-2017 at 11:02 PM. Reason: punktashion

--
    Ugh, I was trying to avoid some work and not do a chair rail but I was thinking along the same lines. Sigh, u are probably right. That saw is a combo saw/shaper. I plan to add a planer/jointer combo in time. I got a few toys to sell before that.
    That cabinet came free with the big arbor press beside it. It is FULL. It had several hundred pounds of broaching stuff( as shown) tons of endmills, taps, list goes on. I don't know what I would do without a cabinet like that to hold stuff

Got to use the press tonight in rebuilding a lathe tailstock, overkill but it was smooth

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //