//ArrowChat Code
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8

Thread: New shop

--
    now breaking beads is something I've never thought of doing with an arbor press! Will it do any tire or just car tires and such?

I agree i like an arbor press more than hydraulics.
    Suicide Hill Survivor

The rides:
    1981 ATC110
    1982 ATC185
    1983 ATC185s
    1984 ATC200es
    1985 ATC200x

When the going gets tough, the tough get sideways

--
    I have used mine to break them on ANY tire I can hold up there. Just did two motorcycle tires last weekend. Best friends dad turned me onto it. And I do it with just the butt end of the ram. If the tire is really vulcanized onto the rim you have to do a little fanaggling with the angle of the tire to the ram. Secret is to keep a bit of pressure in the tire so it doesn't just collapse, (if they are really stuck on there.)

--
    Some arbor press stuff, bead breaker is the curved piece in back, close up in second pic. the large angle piece That all the tooling is sitting on is poor man's sheet metal brake
    I agree w above that ram will work just fine though

Last edited by plastikosmd; 02-16-2017 at 02:55 PM.

--
    Lifts delivered today. 52,000lb capacity (13k per column), 4 full height jack stands and attachment to frame lift from ends of vehicle(only using 2 columns to lift in that case). Lifts stand about 8' tall for perspective. Not lifting tractor to max height, just trying them out. Training tomorrow

As simple as they seem, the jack stands rock. Perspective is poor in the pic. In the extended position, as I am showing-that is about 7' off floor. Spring operated lifts at wheels(once u put weight on it settles to floor, springing up to roll easy once weight is off). Also spring assisted center column so u don't have to lift center column to position. You can set height with 2 fingers, threaded caps at end for fine adjustments.
    Last edited by plastikosmd; 02-17-2017 at 07:03 PM.

--
    What brand are the jack stands? Do you have a link to where you sourced them? How does the lift sync to raise and lower in unison? Very interesting set up - nice to be able to push then out of the bay when not in use

--
    Stands are from rotary they have 3 heights available. These are the full height ones. Stand 5 ft, lift to 7ft.

Columns are wireless and cordless. They are controlled via remote as u walk around or by any of the columns. They sync and talk to each other, u may be able to make out the small antenna on top of each.

As noted I can also bumper or frame lift on ends with just 2 up to a max of 12k not the full 26k.

Rolling is why I got them, I hate the space a lift takes up. 2 and 4 post lifts each have their pluses and minuses. This was the best fit for me, allowing me the flexibility to lift everything I have, Argo to forklift to crawler. For the crawler I could get their runway system, basically making it a 4 post lift or I could make my own or put a spreader bar down the center and lift from end or use 2 beams and lift with all 4

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //