//ArrowChat Code

Thread: 97 Warrior 350, spark plug color question

BiGDawG is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --

97 Warrior 350, spark plug color question

Everyone is always helpful when i had atc related questions so i figured i'd ask here since i can't seem to find a straight answer.

I have a 97 Yamaha Warrior 350 when i got it it would bog at full throttle first i replaced the intake boot as it was ripped same issue, the previous owner cut the air box lid all up and put a fmf pipe on it so i did a stage 1 jet kit, this was the first time i've replaced jet's so i took them out put new 1s in and now i'm having a issue where i can ride all day in the wood's but soon as i hit sand trails i get 2 mile's in and it stalls sit for 5 min's can get another mile or so in. so i check the spark plug and it's black and white i'll post a picture. also when i first start it up for the day i have to choke it and let it warm up some time's is will back fire threw the carb. I've cleaned the carb multiple time's i'm about ready to just buy a new 1.
    Attached Images Attached Images

--
    that looks insanely lean. I had a 97 warrior also, mine was black and yellow. The airbox lid holds and seals up the airfilter, if it is modded for more flow it would have to be a aftermarket lid or kit to completely replace the air filter and place it clamps to.

--
    It is working harder in the sand. Harder=hotter. Looks to me like you need bigger main especially in hotter ambient. Stuff always looks lean to me though, lol. I once bought my first performance air filter and didnt jet bigger. Trike would die if i rode hard in hot weather.

--
    needs to be darker

--
    You are a couple rides away from melting that piston. My guess is there is already some piston damage if you have been riding a while with the spark plug looking like that. put an oem air box back on with lid and put the factory jets back in it.
    Feedback for yaegerb: Click Here

Need something blasted or polished or both? Send me a PM

BiGDawG is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    nope that was the first long ride and when it started shutting down we headed back to the truck, I've rode it maybe twice around the woods a few time's but not long enough to get hot. I'll grab a new airbox lid off ebay and try the stock jet's with a new plug and see what happens

--
    Quote Originally Posted by BiGDawG View Post
    nope that was the first long ride and when it started shutting down we headed back to the truck, I've rode it maybe twice around the woods a few time's but not long enough to get hot. I'll grab a new airbox lid off ebay and try the stock jet's with a new plug and see what happens
    Good because you are lean as hell. Set everything back to stock and see if your plug looks better.
    Feedback for yaegerb: Click Here

Need something blasted or polished or both? Send me a PM

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //