//ArrowChat Code
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Trike fest 2016 2nd year

--

Trike fest 2016 2nd year

Had a blast at trike fest first full year just made it home now planning for next year is like to post a pic of my red but won't let me doe some reason

--
    This was my first year too. ended up leaving before the banquet however, just too hot and got super crowded.. wife and I were in a tent.. so nowhere to escape the heat. Had a great time though!

My thoughts go out the the guy who flipped going downhill on the paved road, and went over the cliff thru the trees, hope he is ok and will recover 100%
    Trikes I Own:

85 ATC 350X - The Beast
    85 ATC 250SX - High School Pal
    83 ATC 110 - The Little One

--
    Quote Originally Posted by 3is4Fun View Post

My thoughts go out the the guy who flipped going downhill on the paved road, and went over the cliff thru the trees, hope he is ok and will recover 100%
    Wow!! Who did that?
    my feedback thread http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthr...-hoosierlogger

TRIKEFEST 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16

Current rides
    Taurus 650 (green)
    85 250es big red
    83 ALT50 (5 year old daughters)
    82 ALT50
    82 ALT50
    84 atc 70 stroked big bore 90 STILL in progress.
    71 QA50
    93 TRX 300 FW

Quote Originally Posted by fabiodriven View Post
    Ya'll are the biggest bunch of whining b!tches I've seen in my entire life.
    You might be strong as an ox, but without a cart you are just a big dumb animal.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by hoosierlogger View Post
    Wow!! Who did that?
    No idea. They announced it during the drags Saturday. No more riding down to the river. You can park in the parking area and walk over but no machines on the banks anymore.
    I'm not sure if that's how it's going to be forever but I can't imagine it'll change. It only takes one guy to ruin it for everyone. Not badmouthing anyone, accidents happen, but it could of been prevented. Just Ben was down Saturday before the awards and said they (cops) kicked him out and said no machines on the banks.

Won't look like this anymore. Was a great year though, riverfest was a success. Started out as me and mattdragontamer and a few other guys skipping rocks and then the masses poured in after the events. Didn't see any tubing this year though?

--
    I could be wrong but I'm pretty sure it's illegal to ride ATVs or drive 4x4s on riverbanks in Indiana. The DNR and State Police used to run us off from White River all the time for driving and riding on the banks because of erosion and ecosystems back when I was growing up there.

May be starting to enforce it now.

I know the EPA has quietly been suing off-road parks around here claiming the runoff is killing an algae in Mammoth Cave. They managed to close a very successful ATV park (Blue Holler) here locally by suing in the last year or less and the word is, they are going after more parks elsewhere using this tactic.

I like the environment too but nearly half the eastern US drains eventually into the water table under Mammoth Cave so I'm sure the EPA will use this to cast a very wide net.

I hope that triker is doing OK.

Sent from my Z958 using Tapatalk

--
    Yeah, I saw them haul him up from the side of the hill right has you make the first turn on a stretcher. they said he would be ok. he was likely just going too fast around a corner on a paved surface, not ATV friendly conditions.
    Trikes I Own:

85 ATC 350X - The Beast

--
    Our creeks are stained orange by acid mine drainage (sulfur) so they don't have to worry about us riding in the creeks.

Glad you had a good time though, also my second TF. Better than the mess we had last year. Also hope that guys okay, if anyone has any information on it I'm sure lots would like to hear. We are one big trike family after all.

--
    Ghostv2, where are you from, looks like some of the creeks in WVA where my parents were from. coal mines can release alot of bad things into the water... causing streams to be completely lifeless, I know there are streams that even my father was never able to fish due to the poisoned water.
    Trikes I Own:

85 ATC 350X - The Beast

--
    I talked to a buddy of the guy that got air lifted he was on a 200x and hit the corner and tried grabbing the brakes as hard as he could but nothing happened his brakes were gone is what I took from the conversation and what got the cops saying something about the bikes on the beach was the people being stupid and almost sinking there 3 wheelers in the creek don't get me wrong I drove mines just half tire deep to clean my tires but they had there motors clear under water and that's not right

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

--

--
    I saw the guy crash it was next to where we were camping. Coming way too fast down the hill and just slid off the road coming around the turn, he was on a 200s.. he had a helmet but it flew off when he hit the tree, pretty scary to see. He was in a lot of pain, I hope he's doing better (and has insurance).

Other than that happening and my shifter mechanism breaking 2 hours into the day, Trike Fest was awesome! can't wait till next year, met some great people and Haspin is always fun!

--
    That's crazy to think about

--
    Quote Originally Posted by 3is4Fun View Post
    Ghostv2, where are you from, looks like some of the creeks in WVA where my parents were from. coal mines can release alot of bad things into the water... causing streams to be completely lifeless, I know there are streams that even my father was never able to fish due to the poisoned water.
    PA. Its all abandoned coal mining land around me. Good riding, bad for the wildlife.

250ES5984 is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerFirst time rider
    --
    Quote Originally Posted by ironchop View Post
    I could be wrong but I'm pretty sure it's illegal to ride ATVs or drive 4x4s on riverbanks in Indiana. The DNR and State Police used to run us off from White River all the time for driving and riding on the banks because of erosion and ecosystems back when I was growing up there.

May be starting to enforce it now.

I know the EPA has quietly been suing off-road parks around here claiming the runoff is killing an algae in Mammoth Cave. They managed to close a very successful ATV park (Blue Holler) here locally by suing in the last year or less and the word is, they are going after more parks elsewhere using this tactic.

I like the environment too but nearly half the eastern US drains eventually into the water table under Mammoth Cave so I'm sure the EPA will use this to cast a very wide net.

I hope that triker is doing OK.

Sent from my Z958 using Tapatalk
    Ironchop, are you pretty close to mammoth cave? Just curious as my family has some land in Munfordville.

Just realized it says Bowling Green in your profile. Will be coming through there this next weekind on the way to Munfordville.

1986 Honda 200x

1985 Honda 250sx
    FOR SALE
    Last edited by 250ES5984; 06-27-2016 at 12:13 AM. Reason: Realization

Billy Golightly is offline Always finding new and exciting ways to not give a hoot in hell Catch me if you can
    --
    Blog Entries
    We will have to address the whole river riding thing - but up until yesterday my understanding had always been keep the bikes and machines out of the water and you were okay, however that may have not been accurate information either. But that's what I knew of and have been told the last several years

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //