//ArrowChat Code
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: It took 4 years, but I got to my 1st Trike Fest.

fabiodriven is offline Aspiring romance novel cover model, and the Official 3WW slayer of thieves and swindlers. Catch me if you can
    --
    And guess who got med-flighted... Just found that out as well. Solid proof of all of this, not unfounded claims.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    85 Tri-Zinger 60
    85 ATC250SX
    86 ATC250SX
    87 ATC250SX
    02 XR650L conversion
    84 ATC 480R

--
    I seriously think you should name and shame these half wits!
    1980 ATC 70 Needs Restoration
    1985 ATC 250es Fully Refurbed
    1986 ATC 350x Mint Original

--
    Were they ATC ANIMALS! ?

Sent from my Z958 using Tapatalk

Mosh is offline I'm the one with all the 2 stroke around here! The day begins with 3WW
    --
    Shades of 2007 popping up here. We had a moderator try to curb problems at the event. He was scorned for doing it, and contained and restrained from banning the offending members from the forum when the event was over. Had the foot been put down in 07, maybe it would have presented itself as an event that has a zero toleration...Look it up there is a 10 page thread on the after hours antics that forever changed this forum, Haspin, and peoples involvement with TF.

I dont wanna here this horseshit if you weren't there, you dont know. I have been there 3 times, donated multiple years and was a helper and planner for it. Still on the planning comittee, but have no participation in it, cuz I was told to stfu by another staffer when he was crying for help from another asshole pestering him at the event, and I told him the guy should have been booted years ago..He got pissed because I told him he had to deal with his own bad apple..When the guy realizes that he is NOT responsible for OTHERS actions, but IS responsible for dealing with negative actions after the fact, maybe he will understand...This is not an attack on the guy personally, it is a statement of what being a leader is all about. And yes you will take for it..no matter what you do, but you have to do the right thing, that keeps the right people around you, instead of telling them to go fvck off...

Someone wanted the Sturgis of Threewheeling .......by not taking action against bad people, not standing behind people that were willing to take on the negatives, and pushing away responsible people, and almost promoting shenanigans, they got it...The Sturgis of 3 wheeling.

I also keep seeing, "best year ever and biggest turnout ever" comments. Still no evidence or pics that support these claims. 06 through 10 were huge years with 07 group picture filling the whole pavailion area with I believe almost 400 trikes.
    This is not politics or advertising...If the events have been bigger then I apologize, but if these claims are propaganda or inflated to look better and bigger than it is and try to get more to come, maybe it is time to actually positively promote the event, and challenge people to break attendance records from BITD with 06 being the model for the way an event should be hosted. I was there during some of the great years, and I have seen and heard of the later years...

I personally dont expect everybody to act like a saint at an event like that, but when people stepped up to curb some bad stuff in 07 others should have backed them up, both at the event and after the event here on the forum. But instead, when they left those people out in the cold, it leaves the event and forum open to future problems, like you all saw last week. Nothing to do with FB...it has everything to do with setting examples and strong leadership.

We do not go back. Not cuz a few guys have some beer or set off fireworks at night, but primarily due to lack of leadership and respect for what that event was meant to be, and used to be, and the people that helped make it that way. Bigger aint always better. Mater fact, everything good I have ever seen actually gets worse the bigger it gets.
    Here is where my long useless list of stuff nobody cares about should go...

Proudly NOT a member of

"Team on the Teat"

--
    Well I had a great time no matter what, and I'm going back!

--
    Oh, and one last thing, Jesus was there, and will always be there.

John 3:19

“And this is the condemnation, that light is come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil

John 3:19 Context

16For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. 17For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved. 18He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God. 19And this is the condemnation, that light is come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil. 20For every one that doeth evil hateth the light, neither cometh to the light, lest his deeds should be reproved. 21But he that doeth truth cometh to the light, that his deeds may be made manifest, that they are wrought in God. 22After these things came Jesus and his disciples into the land of Judaea; and there he tarried with them, and baptized
    Last edited by Mickey Dunlap; 06-30-2016 at 01:08 PM.

fabiodriven is offline Aspiring romance novel cover model, and the Official 3WW slayer of thieves and swindlers. Catch me if you can
    --
    Mosh I couldn't even finish your post man. You are, and always have been, a salty muffin from the beginning of my time on this forum. You haven't the slightest idea what transpired this year and for frig's sake, for your own health, and for the benefit of us all, move the frig on man. My god! (Or Mickey's I guess) I'm still looking forward to meeting you someday but your relevance to this past Trikefest is about as relevant as I am to a body building competition.

85 Tri-Zinger 60
    85 ATC250SX
    86 ATC250SX
    87 ATC250SX
    02 XR650L conversion
    84 ATC 480R

--
    Quote Originally Posted by Mosh View Post
    I also keep seeing, "best year ever and biggest turnout ever" comments. Still no evidence or pics that support these claims. 06 through 10 were huge years with 07 group picture filling the whole pavailion area with I believe almost 400 trikes.
    This is not politics or advertising...If the events have been bigger then I apologize, but if these claims are propaganda or inflated to look better and bigger than it is and try to get more to come, maybe it is time to actually positively promote the event, and challenge people to break attendance records adership.
    So you think there is some sort of 3ww conspiracy theory where we advertise how big and great it is in hopes of it turning out but and great? How many people attended 15 years ago? How many people attended this year? I would bet money if you put it on a graph it would show a steady increase, and theoretically speaking, it should continue at that rate. Numbers in a book mean nothing. You CHOOSE to sign your name in a book. So even if you choose to, your wife, friends, children, and everyone else in the car isn't signing in. So you can't go by a book. It's a matter of observation by SHOWING UP.

So let's move on to the group photo then, how can you go by that? I wasn't in it this year, I suspect I was still in bed. I couldn't even tell you what day it was taken. Last year I was in it, I can show you where I should be, but some idiot decided last minute to jump in front of me (standing, not even sitting down on a trike) and blocked me from even being seen. I know lots of people miss it.

Count trikes in the parade, last year half my camp missed it. My girlfriend napping being one of those. This year it was advertised by a note on a paper plate in front of howdys camp and word of mouth from there.

Point in case, show up and you'd find out for yourself instead of being an armchair racer. I know I may not have much room to talk so I'm sure I'll hear about that at some point lol.

--
    Oh and yes Mickey, you are correct. For those who are religious Jesus actually was there I suppose.

85 Tri-Zinger 60
    85 ATC250SX
    86 ATC250SX
    87 ATC250SX
    02 XR650L conversion
    84 ATC 480R

--
    Quote Originally Posted by fabiodriven View Post
    Mosh I couldn't even finish your post man. You are, and always have been, a salty muffin from the beginning of my time on this forum. You haven't the slightest idea what transpired this year and for frig's sake, for your own health, and for the benefit of us all, move the frig on man. My god! (Or Mickey's I guess) I'm still looking forward to meeting you someday but your relevance to this past Trikefest is about as relevant as I am to a body building competition.

I didn't say I have any clue what has happen in the past, I stated the fact I had a great time and it was better then I thought. But then again I stayed away from the late night activities. I didn't see any crazy things happen during the day. everyone I met were good people, even the ones drinking seam good to me. I was always drinking at events and getting totally out of control 30 years ago, I was right in there with the best of them thinking I was having a good time, until I got wise 30 years ago. Those that still have fun doing that, more power to them, but I'll bet I felt better the Sat morning then they did. LOL

--
    Quote Originally Posted by fabiodriven View Post
    Oh and yes Mickey, you are correct. For those who are religious Jesus actually was there I suppose.

I'm not religious in any way, never have been. I'm just a simple follower of Jesus because he changed me from darkness into light, and the truth set me free! So much better then the walking in darkness!

--

It took 4 years, but I got to my 1st Trike Fest.

Quote Originally Posted by Mosh View Post
    Shades of 2007 popping up here. We had a moderator try to curb problems at the event. He was scorned for doing it, and contained and restrained from banning the offending members from the forum when the event was over. Had the foot been put down in 07, maybe it would have presented itself as an event that has a zero toleration...Look it up there is a 10 page thread on the after hours antics that forever changed this forum, Haspin, and peoples involvement with TF.

I dont wanna here this horseshit if you weren't there, you dont know. I have been there 3 times, donated multiple years and was a helper and planner for it. Still on the planning comittee, but have no participation in it, cuz I was told to stfu by another staffer when he was crying for help from another asshole pestering him at the event, and I told him the guy should have been booted years ago..He got pissed because I told him he had to deal with his own bad apple..When the guy realizes that he is NOT responsible for OTHERS actions, but IS responsible for dealing with negative actions after the fact, maybe he will understand...This is not an attack on the guy personally, it is a statement of what being a leader is all about. And yes you will take for it..no matter what you do, but you have to do the right thing, that keeps the right people around you, instead of telling them to go fvck off...

Someone wanted the Sturgis of Threewheeling .......by not taking action against bad people, not standing behind people that were willing to take on the negatives, and pushing away responsible people, and almost promoting shenanigans, they got it...The Sturgis of 3 wheeling.

This is not politics or advertising...If the events have been bigger then I apologize, but if these claims are propaganda or inflated to look better and bigger than it is and try to get more to come, maybe it is time to actually positively promote the event, and challenge people to break attendance records from BITD with 06 being the model for the way an event should be hosted. I was there during some of the great years, and I have seen and heard of the later years...

I personally dont expect everybody to act like a saint at an event like that, but when people stepped up to curb some bad stuff in 07 others should have backed them up, both at the event and after the event here on the forum. But instead, when they left those people out in the cold, it leaves the event and forum open to future problems, like you all saw last week. Nothing to do with FB...it has everything to do with setting examples and strong leadership.

We do not go back. Not cuz a few guys have some beer or set off fireworks at night, but primarily due to lack of leadership and respect for what that event was meant to be, and used to be, and the people that helped make it that way. Bigger aint always better. Mater fact, everything good I have ever seen actually gets worse the bigger it gets.
    I had to come back to this to read the whole thing. Wow Rob! I was going to say you're a bit off base but that would be a tremendous understatement on my part I believe. I don't even know where to begin, I'm not going to bother quoting things one by one, there are too many! A conspiracy about fluffing numbers? You honestly believe that? Haha!

Rob I don't like name calling so feel free to return the favor I guess or something, but you sound like a tremendous stick in the mud pal, lol. I've never heard anyone once tell me they miss Mosh coming to Trikefest. I mean there was a problem this year but it's pretty much one group of people who myself and my fellow forum member (more him really) have traced literally just about every problem that occurred back to, just one group. Possibly two but we're working on it. Between what everyone witnessed and the evidence we have (which is in hand) we know exactly who these people are. This has absolutely nothing to do with Trikefest 07 and how grumpy you usually are. If Trikefest doesn't like you and you don't like Trikefest oh well my friend. Trikefest has gotten over it, maybe you should as well.

85 Tri-Zinger 60
    85 ATC250SX
    86 ATC250SX
    87 ATC250SX
    02 XR650L conversion
    84 ATC 480R

Mosh is offline I'm the one with all the 2 stroke around here! The day begins with 3WW
    --
    I will go ahead and reply one more time here, and address a few comments since the noose is swinging here at me and hopefully bring some closure to my negative impact here.

First off, I never said there was a conspiracy theory to bolster attendance numbers for the event. I said judging by what I have seen, the event yet has to top the attendance numbers set back before 2010, and plainly stated if I was wrong I apologize. It is amazing how people read right over a preempted apology and swing the axe.

Ghost2v, I can assure you I am anything but a armchair racer. I have numerous 3 dollar chest pounding trophies to prove that, but I will not even waste my time with it as it will not make a difference in this topic. However, I would invite you to be more respectful or cautious by using a term,(armchair racer) that was coined by one of the primary founders, admins, and builder and leader of trike racing resurgence, this forum and TF who was banned from this forum for his efforts to protect this forum and TF from being taken over by disrespectful people. (Tim Sr.) Especially when it pertains to a guy who has verifiable racing experience such as myself.

Fabio, there was time on this forum when you were not widely accepted, and I specifically remember my wife and I coaxing you to keep your chin up and push through until the dust settled years back, when you were thinking of leaving here. I thought we had established a decent relationship from that point on, and I find it disappointing, that you now how have become an aggressor towards me. However, I cant help but suspect that you may be being nudged by outside forces.
    We used to be pretty welcomed around here, looked up to even. 1 stint as a moderator really ruined that. If you are doing any type of moderating, it creates enemies. It is just the nature of the beast. I realize I made many mistakes during that time. I also understand that my inability to let some things go, poisons this place at times, and for that I owe apologies for my actions to many innocent bystanders. In that same breath, I will also say that there are a few people that still to this day make those feelings resurface, as they choose to just not address the issues and be man enough to likewise admit mistakes.

My perseverance to gain that closure has fallen on deaf ears for people that are cold and calculated and have no desire to right any wrongs or mend any fences. The only craziness that you refer to me as being or having, is me expecting them to man up and make corrections or bring peaceful resolve to the situations. I am a fool for thinking they have the moral fortitude to not even look in the rear view mirror as I am left behind. I can only speculate at this point that this website needs a new warrior bulldog. Judging by your chest pounding here and the other thread fabio, you are next at bat. I will warn you to take the offer up with extreme reserve, lest you become as salty as I in the end, when you too are of no more use. You will not be the last one to be "used". And that advice is free.

Your comments about us not being missed at TF are both unfounded, and hurtful." Trikefest has gotten over me" oh come on... Let me tell you something. An event is only as successful as the people that attend it. Maybe we are not missed, as once you are not in the picture anymore, it is easy to be long forgotten. I Can assure you though, that every year, we get phone calls from people on this forum and off this forum asking us if we are going back year after year, and our response is always the same. "Not until things change and we feel welcomed." I can also assure you that if you go ask how many people miss Tim sr, and others that no longer go, due to what happened in 07, you will find many will say they do miss Tim, both there at TF and on the forum. And the irony of that, was the lame excuse used to Ban Tim for suggesting the event be moved to an alcohol free environment. We all know he was not banned for that, but for his relentless voice of displeasure about how he was treated by the people in charge of this forum, which more than likely will be my demise probably sooner than later.

I would not be surprised if you are the tool used to drive that final nail in my coffin, judging by your recent shift in mentality towards me now.

I also find it extremely disappointing That swinehart has the audacity to thank your post berating mine, in defense of his alleged good friend Tim sr. My first initial post was all about some bad apples in 07 prompting some problems that really created a negative affect on this forum for ever after resulting in the loss of some great people Including john's dear friend Tim sr. So no matter how much you claim it is of no relevance, I can assure you that it is very similar, and history has repeated itself. I would invite you to read the "what could have been better about trikefest 2007" thread to gain some perspective, though I doubt you will. history is never relevant right?

I do not know what happened with Jon's Swineharts outlook towards (us) to prompt such actions, but I do know it goes back to 2013 when I was involved with the Tri-Z. While he may be taking pleasure in seeing me berated, by you and others, it is disrespectful to his friend Tim, to thank you for ripping me a new one by voicing my discourse of Tim Sr being ran out of the event and forum he helped Build when all the "troops ran back to the fort" and left him in the firing squad.

Now I have seen some great riding areas taken over by disrespectful fools, that have ruined this sport. I do not understand why people can not just have a good time without going overboard but realistically it is something that expecting you guys, me, tim sr, billy or whoever to do is unfair. Haspin should do a better job with security. I am surprised you get that element with a entry fee. That usually keeps undesirables out. Maybe it is time you should look at leasing the park for that weekend and start a invitation or RSVP type thing. Just some ideas.

Lastly glamy...Look I said it a few weeks ago. You are just a different guy that has disdain for me and crouch like a wolf spider in a wood pile waiting to lash out and pounce whenever I walk by.. I get it, you are against my opinions, any authority, and me calling for it. Leadership probably is not the word that is needed, however there has to be consequences for certain things that transpire no matter what. For every action there is a reaction. You can dislike authority all you want, but what goes up, must come down, and give and take will always be finite even in a world ruled by anarchy. There are just certain laws/rules you will never be able to circumvent.

The vicious circle is complete. We have 2 bulldogs calling out a former bulldog.. Glamy, Fabio, and myself.. It is real productive.

I understand my time here as being welcomed has completely run it's course. I have to admit it, embrace it and live with it. Maybe there will be a time again when the majority opinion is changed, but until then I digress and will take whatever actions or bullets are thrown at me and try to stay away from anything dramatic while making a real effort to try to just stay away from here, until I see fit to make a more positive reentry while being welcomed to do so.. Quite honestly I really don't have time for it anymore, it is not healthy to me or most of you. So hopefully you will all benefit from that with me no longer being around if that is the outcome, and be kind enough to not throw darts at my back on my way out, whether it be on my own retreat or by someone else's hands.
    Here is where my long useless list of stuff nobody cares about should go...

Proudly NOT a member of

"Team on the Teat"

--

It took 4 years, but I got to my 1st Trike Fest.

Mosh I call em as I see em. Your post was a b!tchfest and we've got some big fish to fry here. Just as I said, you sounded like a stick in the mud. I might also assume you're a drag because of the harsh moderation you used to dole out to me, although it was likely warranted more often than not. Trikefest is a festival. There will be people drinking and smoking and pushing the limits. Some go further than I would personally and it's at that point that I go find something else to do and keep my fingers crossed nobody gets hurt. People are there to cut loose, not be policed.

I wasn't in attendance in 07 so I can't speak to that. You weren't in attendance in 16 so...

What I can say is that the lack of support by this community is appalling to me. I jumped when you just compared me to you Mosh, because I was getting that very same feeling last night. Here I stand, almost by myself, with everything anyone would need to know about who the problem is, where they came from, and public confessions and descriptions of the exact scenarios we're discussing. There is no question at all, it's all in black and white, yet my community would rather kowtow to a delusional egotistical Jesus freak for reasons I fail to see. The gloves are off at this point and I will lead by example for you Mosh, and I will show you how to turn your back and move on. The information I have to save this event I'm sure will be shared by someone at some point, but it will not be shared by me until I see the support we need. It's despicable to see you all sit idly by while some warlock tells you tales of goblins and ghosts. Maybe he has an amulet or something that can fix this for you all.

Thanks to Tim for standing up. For the rest of you staying seated good luck. If this isn't fixed very soon I will walk from each and every one of you. That's not a threat as if you're going to lose out because of my absence, it's because I'd rather not be associated with a group of such spineless people.

Save the MANY texts and private messages, if any of you have anything to say these threads are the forum in which to speak.

Last edited by fabiodriven; 07-01-2016 at 08:51 PM.
    85 Tri-Zinger 60
    85 ATC250SX
    86 ATC250SX
    87 ATC250SX
    02 XR650L conversion
    84 ATC 480R

clmeue37 is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerFirst time rider
    --
    In response to the original poster of this particular thread, I'm glad you were able to make it this year and that you had a good time. I wish I had made it a point to stop in for a bit and visit. I'm also sorry about the loss of your cat.

Fabio I'm also behind you 100%. I hardly know you other than a few chance meetings the past couple years at trikefest but if there's anything, other than my support, that I can do to help, please let me know. I and many others will stand behind the decisions that need to be made to ensure that we can enjoy this event for many years to come.
    1980 Honda atc110, 1981 Honda atc110, 1983 Honda atc200e Big Red, 1984 Honda atc200es Big Red, 1984 Honda trx200, 1985 Honda atc200s

Trikefest '15 '16

Before destruction a man's heart is haughty, but humility comes before honor.
    -Proverbs 18:12

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //