//ArrowChat Code
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: It took 4 years, but I got to my 1st Trike Fest.

--
    I really wanted to stay out of this “sh*tfest” for two reasons:

1. It sucks to meet people at TF that you fought with online
    2. I have only been to one Trikefest and know nothing of its past events

However, neither of the above seems to be enough to hold me back, so here goes… Even though it was my first year I DO KNOW what TF is supposed to be like, because I was there from Saturday to Thursday when it was PERFECT. I also know that the higher the collective size of a group of people the lower the collective IQ becomes. There were a lot of people there come the weekend and the IQ plummeted accordingly. Did it ruin my trip? No, in fact the only thing that bothered me was hearing that peoples lawns were driven over. That is the most ignorant thing I could have ever imagined happening. As far as the river goes, if someone wants to stand up to Joe on the beach I wish them all the best and will send flowers to their parents as needed.

Fabio, the reason few are jumping into this spat is because there’s no point to it, Mickey just wants to argue. Its blatantly obvious that the kids that acted out of line were drawn in by Facebook and not this site. All Mickey wants to do is argue that Facebook isn’t to blame because it’s the one place he’s still revered to be something more than someone who now pits next to the shitters at events. This is the same guy that wanted nothing to do with the site a few years back. Interacting with him is just feeding his ego. Ignore him and focus your attention on the fix to the issue of these young zipper heads. He’s just sucking this all up much like Barnett used too.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Mickey's Pits.JPG 
Views:	127 
Size:	2.99 MB 
ID:	233087
    It sucks to get old

--
    Quote Originally Posted by El Camexican View Post
    I really wanted to stay out of this “sh*tfest” for two reasons:

1. It sucks to meet people at TF that you fought with online
    2. I have only been to one Trikefest and know nothing of its past events

However, neither of the above seems to be enough to hold me back, so here goes… Even though it was my first year I DO KNOW what TF is supposed to be like, because I was there from Saturday to Thursday when it was PERFECT. I also know that the higher the collective size of a group of people the lower the collective IQ becomes. There were a lot of people there come the weekend and the IQ plummeted accordingly. Did it ruin my trip? No, in fact the only thing that bothered me was hearing that peoples lawns were driven over. That is the most ignorant thing I could have ever imagined happening. As far as the river goes, if someone wants to stand up to Joe on the beach I wish them all the best and will send flowers to their parents as needed.

Fabio, the reason few are jumping into this spat is because there’s no point to it, Mickey just wants to argue. Its blatantly obvious that the kids that acted out of line were drawn in by Facebook and not this site. All Mickey wants to do is argue that Facebook isn’t to blame because it’s the one place he’s still revered to be something more than someone who now pits next to the shitters at events. This is the same guy that wanted nothing to do with the site a few years back. Interacting with him is just feeding his ego. Ignore him and focus your attention on the fix to the issue of these young zipper heads. He’s just sucking this all up much like Barnett used too.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Mickey's Pits.JPG 
Views:	127 
Size:	2.99 MB 
ID:	233087

There have been two people that try to give it to me on line, both at Breezewood and Trikefest they both were man enough to come up to me and say hi, you walked out and away from me. What type of person does that. Shame on you.

fabiodriven is offline Aspiring romance novel cover model, and the Official 3WW slayer of thieves and swindlers. Catch me if you can
    --
    The type of person that's not interested in talking to you. It's his choice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    85 Tri-Zinger 60
    85 ATC250SX
    86 ATC250SX
    87 ATC250SX
    02 XR650L conversion
    84 ATC 480R

--
    Quote Originally Posted by fabiodriven View Post
    The type of person that's not interested in talking to you. It's his choice.

Petty in my book. If I knew where both of you were I would have came to your pit and said hi. That's the difference.

--
    I have never been to Trikefest and probably never will do to my age and the fact that I don't like to drive long distances. I wish I had been to one just to see everything. I read all the post about TF, never meeting any of the authors. I find reading this stuff is more interesting than to go all that distance. Unfortunately all good things sometimes come to an end and the way it sounds from the posts that is where TF is heading. It doesn't matter how big a group is sooner or later the people that organize this will say to &^%$ with all the BS and let someone else take over. I have seen many festivals, local activities and such go away because there is always a small group complaining about something and the current leadership says good by and you do it and nobody steps forward.
    85 Big Red
    83 Big Red
    84 125m
    85 TRX 125
    73 ATC 70

fabiodriven is offline Aspiring romance novel cover model, and the Official 3WW slayer of thieves and swindlers. Catch me if you can
    --
    It will be fine Hublake, I can assure you.

85 Tri-Zinger 60
    85 ATC250SX
    86 ATC250SX
    87 ATC250SX
    02 XR650L conversion
    84 ATC 480R

--
    There's a lot of passion evident in this thread and in this community as a whole. And lots of Alphas. It's bound to be an intense discussion. Nobody here should leave. You should all visit the forum more often.

--

It took 4 years, but I got to my 1st Trike Fest.

Quote Originally Posted by Mickey Dunlap View Post
    Petty in my book. If I knew where both of you were I would have came to your pit and said hi. That's the difference.
    I'm flattered, lucky, and grateful to be pitted next to Howdy and Swinehart. Just the best people who could be your neighbors. I saw you talking to Swinehart at his camp while I was 40 feet away in my camp. Being an internet loudmouth, I had a lot of people to confront my first Trikefest in 2011. Every single person I've met through the site was fantastic right off the bat. Some held back with me at first after only knowing my internet persona, but it didn't take long for people to find out who I really am. Your cheerleader Madman was so impressed by your lending a hand to someone. To both you Mickey and Madman I say, who cares? I have housed probably close to a dozen different people over the years. There is always at least two other people staying under my roof which affords them tools, a garage, a fridge and freezer, a full kitchen, a shittter, a shower, hot water, beds etc... I have lent out entire machines and I was even picked to run other members' drag bikes not just once but TWICE! (Shout out to Andy and Shannon!) What both you and your cronie are failing to understand is that you did not go above and beyond, you were doing what we do. You were a part of the community. Is it extra special when you lend a hand because you're a J-list celebrity? Is it a big deal to you because you're helping us "little people"?

I saw you sitting right next to my camp talking to my friends and I thought back to 2011 and how many people I had to meet in person for the first time. After meeting very few of them I figured out I had nothing to worry about. That's an aspect I've dealt with plenty, so I'm never afraid to meet new members. I sat there looking at you and thought about it for a long time but I just was not at all interested in associating with you one iota. I'm very glad that's the conclusion I came to in retrospect. You are a mixed up person. I stand for truth and honesty above all with the betterment of everyone in every action I take. No I'm not religious but that doesn't automatically make me a bad person. I am a do-gooder to a degree that you would never understand. A narcissist such as yourself could never have the compassion for other people with the amount of concern you have for yourself. Anyone who knows me can tell you how true blue I am and you'd be lucky if you're ever entitled enough to find out. I do things every day that nobody aside from myself will ever hear about, and most laugh at me if they do hear. You sir, have a warped sense of the greater good.

On my way to Trikefest only less than five miles into my trip I happened upon a snapping turtle attempting to cross a busy road. My truck and trailer combination is very large. 12 wheels, five axles, and approximately 22,000 lbs. At 40 mph I gave the brakes everything they had with many of my belongings in tow, a huge portion of my life as a whole. I avoided the hapless turtle and brought the entire unit to a stop as multiple cars sped past who couldn't be bothered. By the time I had stopped I was 1/4 mile down the road and had to sprint back before any of the careless drivers drove over the turtle. As I carried it off the road another car had finally turned around to do something but I had gotten there first. They were pleased I was doing what I was doing and they cheered and called me a "turtle saver", a term I will never forget. They had no idea how accurate they were with that name because I do that a lot, even in the tractor trailer at work.

My point is, that's two minutes of one day of my 36 years, but that's the type of stuff I regularly do. If I would bring a huge portion of my life to a screeching halt on my way to an event my year revolves around, if I would delay Trikefest for a turtle I've never met before, what do you suspect I might do for those I know and like?

It would be an honor for you to meet me, but that's an honor you've not yet earned, not by a long shot.

Last edited by fabiodriven; 07-01-2016 at 09:33 PM.
    85 Tri-Zinger 60
    85 ATC250SX
    86 ATC250SX
    87 ATC250SX
    02 XR650L conversion
    84 ATC 480R

--
    And it hasn't taken me very long to figure out what kind of asshole, "oh did I say that"? Sorry "person " you are Fabio.And I don't need to make the trip to trikefest to figure that out.��. You poke fun as Mickey for preaching his word of God. The only God I see here is you thinking you are some kind of "Trike God" of course there alot here on this site.

--
    Win numerous races ,and Championships, Race for Team Honda,and Have your picture plastered in numerous Articles and Race coverages for over 30 years and yes. It might be an honor to meet you too "Fabio" so maybe I am a "cheerleader" . But I give respect where it is due. Maybe if you were a little older you might understand .but I highly doubt you were around for the original 3 wheeler days...

--
    Quote Originally Posted by Madman Racing View Post
    And it hasn't taken me very long to figure out what kind of asshole, "oh did I say that"? Sorry "person " you are Fabio.And I don't need to make the trip to trikefest to figure that out.��. You poke fun as Mickey for preaching his word of God. The only God I see here is you thinking you are some kind of "Trike God" of course there alot here on this site.
    Your words Madman, show clearly how well you know me. The community has spoken. It's unfortunate for you the outcome you were hoping for didn't end up coming to fruition, however just because it's not the outcome you wanted it doesn't mean that it's not the right outcome. If your concern were for the greater good of preserving something so precious, then you would see that our community is standing by me and you might explore the option of what is the best for us and our event rather than promoting whatever you feel our event should be through your virtual picture of what it is. Your friend is out of line. It's well known but few have the balls to speak their minds. Some have come through though, enough that you might take note.

Calling me an asshole and assuming I apologize for my words speaks more to your own agenda and thought process than it does anything to me. You must realize that these people with whom you are corresponding all know me personally. Again you don't have to take my word on who I am, they can tell you. I very rarely apologize for anything. If I mess something up, if I'm out of line by all means I will apologize. I am a very humble person. I learned a while back however, to never apologize unless you've done something wrong and unless you really mean it. Learning that changed my life significantly. Something as innocent as "I'm sorry but Honda is just better than Yamaha" I will not say. Saying "I'm sorry" in any form unless truly apologizing puts a person in a position of subservience. I have known that for a long time so I will not be apologizing unless I've done wrong. I own every word I type. You don't know me so you don't know that. Upon my arrival at Trikefest I hug a lot of people, not apologize. Yourself and your compadre do not know me and you know nothing of Trikefest. Mickey knows very little.

If me speaking in a serious manner has you feeling as though you're being talked down to then don't involve yourself. This is a very serious situation, far more serious than you two know. There is no place for joking here and I am taking an authoritative tone, yes. I am working. I am doing this for the betterment of our community and you should be thankful. Your lack of support is recognized and noted and unlike Mickey you could still meet me in person if you were so inclined. I'll accept your apology then and if you're lucky I'll sneak you into the tubing group at Trikefest, just don't tell anyone because the logistics of that event are tough with even just a small group.

Neither yourself or your friend have the right to comment on an event and a person you know next to nothing about and you're free to continue doing so in order to portray what it is you're really interested in. My agenda here has been clear from the beginning; to solve the problem at hand. You know who wants to do this? Nobody. Not one of us wants to be dealing with this right now but I am doing it. There are others working on it as well, there are many of us. Neither you nor your friend will stop us from righting these wrongs at our event. It is our event to take care of and make sure it thrives and if that makes me an asshole in your eyes so be it. Your friend has misguided you and is attempting to steer something he doesn't even understand all for the sake of disagreeing with me. Have you not read the other members' posts asking him to back off? The man is here to stir the pot and that's it. WE are working here. The audacity you have to come on this forum and speak to something you've never even attended, big brass ones on ya eh?

Yourself and your friend can work against me all you want. The harder you two push the clearer it gets to the rest of the members working on this that you two are not helping this situation so again by all means.... Try and slow us down from having Trikefest the way it's supposed to be and see how that works for you.
    85 Tri-Zinger 60
    85 ATC250SX
    86 ATC250SX
    87 ATC250SX
    02 XR650L conversion
    84 ATC 480R

--
    I'm 36 years old, been on trikes for probably close to thirty years. Nobody asked you about your credentials. They have nothing to do with Trikefest. This is our gathering and we liked it how it was. You can help it along or you can stay out of the way.
    85 Tri-Zinger 60
    85 ATC250SX
    86 ATC250SX
    87 ATC250SX
    02 XR650L conversion
    84 ATC 480R

--
    I hope you can ride and build your own trikes as well as you preach your almighty Ness on this website.

--
    I have said nothing in regards to my stature on this site. I am one of many, no better or no worse. I'm flattered you feel compelled to look up to me but we don't really operate that way.

Last edited by fabiodriven; 07-02-2016 at 01:27 AM.
    85 Tri-Zinger 60
    85 ATC250SX
    86 ATC250SX
    87 ATC250SX
    02 XR650L conversion
    84 ATC 480R

--
    Quote Originally Posted by fabiodriven View Post
    I'm flattered, lucky, and grateful to be pitted next to Howdy and Swinehart. Just the best people who could be your neighbors. I saw you talking to Swinehart at his camp while I was 40 feet away in my camp. Being an internet loudmouth, I had a lot of people to confront my first Trikefest in 2011. Every single person I've met through the site was fantastic right off the bat. Some held back with me at first after only knowing my internet persona, but it didn't take long for people to find out who I really am. Your cheerleader Madman was so impressed by your lending a hand to someone. To both you Mickey and Madman I say, who cares? I have housed probably close to a dozen different people over the years. There is always at least two other people staying under my roof which affords them tools, a garage, a fridge and freezer, a full kitchen, a shittter, a shower, hot water, beds etc... I have lent out entire machines and I was even picked to run other members' drag bikes not just once but TWICE! (Shout out to Andy and Shannon!) What both you and your cronie are failing to understand is that you did not go above and beyond, you were doing what we do. You were a part of the community. Is it extra special when you lend a hand because you're a J-list celebrity? Is it a big deal to you because you're helping us "little people"?

I saw you sitting right next to my camp talking to my friends and I thought back to 2011 and how many people I had to meet in person for the first time. After meeting very few of them I figured out I had nothing to worry about. That's an aspect I've dealt with plenty, so I'm never afraid to meet new members. I sat there looking at you and thought about it for a long time but I just was not at all interested in associating with you one iota. I'm very glad that's the conclusion I came to in retrospect. You are a mixed up person. I stand for truth and honesty above all with the betterment of everyone in every action I take. No I'm not religious but that doesn't automatically make me a bad person. I am a do-gooder to a degree that you would never understand. A narcissist such as yourself could never have the compassion for other people with the amount of concern you have for yourself. Anyone who knows me can tell you how true blue I am and you'd be lucky if you're ever entitled enough to find out. I do things every day that nobody aside from myself will ever hear about, and most laugh at me if they do hear. You sir, have a warped sense of the greater good.

On my way to Trikefest only less than five miles into my trip I happened upon a snapping turtle attempting to cross a busy road. My truck and trailer combination is very large. 12 wheels, five axles, and approximately 22,000 lbs. At 40 mph I gave the brakes everything they had with many of my belongings in tow, a huge portion of my life as a whole. I avoided the hapless turtle and brought the entire unit to a stop as multiple cars sped past who couldn't be bothered. By the time I had stopped I was 1/4 mile down the road and had to sprint back before any of the careless drivers drove over the turtle. As I carried it off the road another car had finally turned around to do something but I had gotten there first. They were pleased I was doing what I was doing and they cheered and called me a "turtle saver", a term I will never forget. They had no idea how accurate they were with that name because I do that a lot, even in the tractor trailer at work.

My point is, that's two minutes of one day of my 36 years, but that's the type of stuff I regularly do. If I would bring a huge portion of my life to a screeching halt on my way to an event my year revolves around, if I would delay Trikefest for a turtle I've never met before, what do you suspect I might do for those I know and like?

It would be an honor for you to meet me, but that's an honor you've not yet earned, not by a long shot.

When I read your ramblings I see a lot of I I I I's, you think you are a god, you couldn't humble your self to come over and say hi! You were skeered, lol of Mickey, that's what it was. You talk about what a great person you are, I don't do that, I talk about how great Jesus is and what he did on the cross. He died for our sins, and I know I needed that. You don't think you need forgiveness, you think you are a good person, I know I'm not, but if there be any good in me, it's Christ and Christ alone. Good people don't go to heaven because they are good, and bad people don't go to hell because they are bad, people go to heaven for one reason and one reason only, they trusted Christ's work on the cross for the forgiveness of their sins, and all have sinned, even you fabiodriven! You can fight against it, not believe it, and mock God all day, but it won't change anything at the judgment seat. Doesn't matter if you believe it or not, it's not even a question, it will happen! That's your only problem with me, I stand up for Jesus, you don't hear anything I else I say. I said this wasn't a FaceBook problem, it's a human problem. Did anyone disagree with that, I don't think so. Breezewood and the OH. national are all over FaceBook, nothing but good stuff talked about those events, but they are a lot smaller. Never the less they are promoted all over FaceBook. Maybe it has something to do with them being racers and they go to bed early and don't drink as much? If you read back through everything I wrote and took out Jesus you would agree, more people, more problems, but you missed that because I said something about Jesus. I said it's not about FaceBook, it's about people, isn't this all true, a few out of hand people caused this. Just get honest with your self, you don't like me because I'm salt to your wound, just try and let it heal that. Not coming up to me speaks of the real you, you are not the god of this forum, nor of Trike Fest.

PS, You have some nice builds!

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //