//ArrowChat Code
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: It took 4 years, but I got to my 1st Trike Fest.

--

It took 4 years, but I got to my 1st Trike Fest.

From super highs, to super lows this weekend.

Trike Fest was more fun then I have had in a long time, the people were amazing, loaning me a Big Red 250 to get around on, thanks Gary! Meeting in person so many of my Face Book freinds. Had the most fun working Friday about 10 hours on countless 3 wheelers, helping make their bikes run better and seeing their happy faces after we got the running better was the best time. Watching Bryan Ditch win the MX by half a lap on his new 200x engine and winning his class in the drag race with it too. Then today I got some me time and sat in my van and watched 2 hours of Motor Cycle MX Nations with my new Direct TV system in the nice air condition van, doesn't get any better then that, I love my new van!

Then I call home and got the bad news that one of my cats got hit by a car Sat. morning, this was my little girl that I was the closest too. We just got her feeling and looking the best she had in years because we found out a few months a go she was diabetic, so we had to give her shots ever 12 hours . She had been living her 10 years and never even gone close to the road, so it's hard to not know why she was in the road in the first place. Anyway I know it may sound stupid to some people, but I have never heard my wife so tore up on the phone before, so I had to leave early. So my apologies to those I didn't get around to meet. The good news is I'll see you all next year, thank you everyone!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	13521838_1039581866119109_3790041156674315388_n.jpg 
Views:	336 
Size:	67.4 KB 
ID:	232936Click image for larger version. 

Name:	13483399_10153628995270965_6429527659776851502_o.jpg 
Views:	239 
Size:	317.8 KB 
ID:	232937Click image for larger version. 

Name:	13512149_1207907759228801_1683852765355450411_n.jpg 
Views:	218 
Size:	138.0 KB 
ID:	232938Click image for larger version. 

Name:	13501934_1152666568124987_690497483525324180_n.jpg 
Views:	228 
Size:	116.5 KB 
ID:	232939Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2006-04-07 00.43.16.jpg 
Views:	216 
Size:	1.60 MB 
ID:	232940

--
    I had worked so hard on this 110 to get it running, then when I went to put the gas tank back on I seen the frame was broke, I mean just about all the way in half, but they still went out and tried to race it! "are you crazy" lol It didn't make but 3/4th of a lap, but I can say he rode the wheels off it! lol

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	13559027_10153628995725965_5332299923660479330_o.jpg 
Views:	304 
Size:	109.8 KB 
ID:	232941Click image for larger version. 

Name:	13502880_10153629095670965_828231604123346756_o.jpg 
Views:	299 
Size:	243.5 KB 
ID:	232942

--
    I just noticed how hot it was, my tent is melting/ sagging from being so hot. I was so busy working on bikes Friday for 10 hours I didn't eat, I started getting sick. Thank God for air in the van!

--
    I'm sorry about your cat Mickey. I know I'm very attached to our pets and would have been upset too. I stopped over on my Kawi 450 the one day, I think it was after the mx races but you were talking to a couple guys so I took off and never made it back. I'm glad you came out and had a good time
    Looking for a Bassani silencer for a 2nd gen tecate, the style with the movable mount. 1st gen will work

--
    Quote Originally Posted by 86T3 View Post
    I'm sorry about your cat Mickey. I know I'm very attached to our pets and would have been upset too. I stopped over on my Kawi 450 the one day, I think it was after the mx races but you were talking to a couple guys so I took off and never made it back. I'm glad you came out and had a good time
    Sorry you didn't stop back by, I was always talking to someone, started losing my voice.

It's funny, the past few years that I couldn't make it I would get all kinds of negative post putting me down, now they have nothing to say. lol

fabiodriven is offline Aspiring romance novel cover model, and the Official 3WW slayer of thieves and swindlers. Catch me if you can
    --

It took 4 years, but I got to my 1st Trike Fest.

I saw your post yesterday Mickey and almost replied but I have zero spare time. I'm stopping what I'm doing now since you're obviously referring to me.

Firstly that's incredibly unfortunate to hear about your cat. The only person I was in touch with at home the entire 9 days I was gone was the person minding my cat. I wouldn't be able to stay in Indiana if I got the news you did. She's extremely important to me.

Secondly I'm very glad you made it and enjoyed yourself! It's just an absolutely fantastic gathering full of great people. If I might speak of my own personal opinion, this being my sixth time going I was somewhat disappointed with some bad apples that made their way into the event and I might add that I was slightly embarrassed personally as such. Never in my Trikefest experience have I seen more blatant disregard for such simple rules and I feel as though the repercussions of these events will be felt for years to come. This year was by no means a total loss, it was fantastic as always, however in the past there were no bad apples rather than just a few. It's fortunate that you were able to make it when you did. To put a really positive spin on things, having those really bad apples around put things into perspective for me. If anyone has heard "Sometimes the enemy you know is better than the one you don't", you might understand my perspective. It made other things seem very petty to me, just head butts. Again my own personal opinion, I blame Facebook. For all the years this event has gone on this is the first year it's been promoted as heavily as it was on Facebook. In turn you end up with people nobody knows that have zero accountability for their actions. Forum members know each other far before we ever meet in person and we all have a name and reputation to upkeep and there are repercussions for our actions. As such we all get along like a giant three wheeled hippie commune for the week. People from all walks of life, all there together with each other. It's like seven Christmas mornings.

At any rate I'm glad you made it and enjoyed yourself.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by fabiodriven; 06-28-2016 at 10:30 PM.
    85 Tri-Zinger 60
    85 ATC250SX
    86 ATC250SX
    87 ATC250SX
    02 XR650L conversion
    84 ATC 480R

--
    Very well said Faahbio.
    my feedback thread http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthr...-hoosierlogger

TRIKEFEST 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16

Current rides
    Taurus 650 (green)
    85 250es big red
    83 ALT50 (5 year old daughters)
    82 ALT50
    82 ALT50
    84 atc 70 stroked big bore 90 STILL in progress.
    71 QA50
    93 TRX 300 FW

Quote Originally Posted by fabiodriven View Post
    Ya'll are the biggest bunch of whining b!tches I've seen in my entire life.
    You might be strong as an ox, but without a cart you are just a big dumb animal.

--
    Mickey,
    It was good to meet you. I installed one of the first raptor 660 piston you made back in 2001. It's still running it today.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
    85 Tri-z Power valve on Inverts
    85 Tri-z Basket Case
    01 gsxr750 engine/Tri-z frame (long long way from complete)

--
    I saw your post yesterday Mickey and almost replied but I have zero spare time. I'm stopping what I'm doing now since you're obviously referring to me.

Firstly that's incredibly unfortunate to hear about your cat. The only person I was in touch with at home the entire 9 days I was gone was the person minding my cat. I wouldn't be able to stay in Indiana if I got the news you did. She's extremely important to me.

Secondly I'm very glad you made it and enjoyed yourself! It's just an absolutely fantastic gathering full of great people. If I might speak of my own personal opinion, this being my sixth time going I was somewhat disappointed with some bad apples that made their way into the event and I might add that I was slightly embarrassed personally as such. Never in my Trikefest experience have I seen more blatant disregard for such simple rules and I feel as though the repercussions of these events will be felt for years to come. This year was by no means a total loss, it was fantastic as always, however in the past there were no bad apples rather than just a few. It's fortunate that you were able to make it when you did. To put a really positive spin on things, having those really bad apples around put things into perspective for me. If anyone has heard "Sometimes the enemy you know is better than the one you don't", you might understand my perspective. It made other things seem very petty to me, just head butts. Again my own personal opinion, I blame Facebook. For all the years this event has gone on this is the first year it's been promoted as heavily as it was on Facebook. In turn you end up with people nobody knows that have zero accountability for their actions. Forum members know each other far before we ever meet in person and we all have a name and reputation to upkeep and there are repercussions for our actions. As such we all get along like a giant three wheeled hippie commune for the week. People from all walks of life, all there together with each other. It's like seven Christmas mornings.

At any rate I'm glad you made it and enjoyed yourself.

I guess I didn't stay long enough to hear of anything bad going on. I didn't get out and about as much as I wanted to. But then again I had so many people (even the ones that didn't like me) coming over and talking with me I guess I met as many as possible. It was a little overwhelming in fact! Now that I know a few more personally next year should be even better.

Having said that, I don't understand how Face Book was to blame for anything. The bigger the turn outs the more bad eggs you will have. I was impressed how everyone wore helmets, Bill only yelled at two guys when he was in my pits, and he felt like the bad guy for doing so, but I thought it was pretty good all in all. I don't know what went on all night because I was sleeping with my ear plugs in, and I slept great! I was a little worried it was going to get real crazy but I didn't hear a thing.

I really enjoyed everyone, but had the best time working on peoples bikes and seeing their smiles, that was the best for me!

--
    Quote Originally Posted by NeverLift View Post
    Mickey,
    It was good to meet you. I installed one of the first raptor 660 piston you made back in 2001. It's still running it today.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
    That's the kind of stuff I love to hear! Thank you.

--
    http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthr...d-and-the-ugly

Mickey see this thread about Facebook screwing things up. I've been for 6 years and this is the first I have heard of this much crap going on.
    my feedback thread http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthr...-hoosierlogger

TRIKEFEST 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16

Current rides
    Taurus 650 (green)
    85 250es big red
    83 ALT50 (5 year old daughters)
    82 ALT50
    82 ALT50
    84 atc 70 stroked big bore 90 STILL in progress.
    71 QA50
    93 TRX 300 FW

Ya'll are the biggest bunch of whining b!tches I've seen in my entire life.
    You might be strong as an ox, but without a cart you are just a big dumb animal.

--
    If was my 4th year and I never saw behavior like I saw this past one. People forget helmets, which I did once this year, and it's completely understandable. Someone says something, you say oh crap, sorry, and get a helmet. But to lie about it and then get aggressive like some kids did is unacceptable.
    Looking for a Bassani silencer for a 2nd gen tecate, the style with the movable mount. 1st gen will work

--
    Quote Originally Posted by hoosierlogger View Post
    http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthr...d-and-the-ugly

Mickey see this thread about Facebook screwing things up. I've been for 6 years and this is the first I have heard of this much crap going on.
    But what makes it a FaceBook thing. It's like saying all these killings are a gun thing. No, it's a people thing. The more people that come, the more things are going to happen. And if you want me to start preaching, it a spirit problem, they are born that way, as all of us are. And it's not going to get better. But to blame FaceBook is a stretch. If you want to truth I talked to more people off FaceBook then off here, but some where on both. More people knew me because of FaceBook, so what's the problem with that. If I really looked at things that start problems, most of it would be first after dark, because that's when evil likes to do it's work, then mix drinking with that and that's when things bad happen. Does that mean every one out drinking after dark is going to cause problems so you should ban it, no, but the facts are there. It comes down to a numbers thing, did more people come because of FaceBook, yes, so the more people the more problems.

fabiodriven is offline Aspiring romance novel cover model, and the Official 3WW slayer of thieves and swindlers. Catch me if you can
    --
    It is not a stretch at all to blame Facebook. 14 years of Trikefest, one year with random people nobody knows from Facebook, multiple problems the first year Facebook people come. As I already explained, we all know each other on this forum and all have reputations to keep up. We all must answer to our actions. Facebook people do not know anyone and owe nobody anything. I thought I was quite clear the first time I explained it. I'll explain further later if you still don't understand.

85 Tri-Zinger 60
    85 ATC250SX
    86 ATC250SX
    87 ATC250SX
    02 XR650L conversion
    84 ATC 480R

--
    It is not a stretch at all to blame Facebook. 14 years of Trikefest, one year with random people nobody knows from Facebook, multiple problems the first year Facebook people come. As I already explained, we all know each other on this forum and all have reputations to keep up. We all must answer to our actions. Facebook people do not know anyone and owe nobody anything. I thought I was quite clear the first time I explained it. I'll explain further later if you still don't understand.

Different people see it differently. Look at what happen on here, all the people getting ban, so then they would come back under a different name so they had to make it so they have to wait before they can post now. There are bad apples on here just like FaceBook, it's no different, there just bigger that's all. There are more people on FaceBook then here, why did Bill make up a FaceBook page, because there is more traffic. Personally I think the perfect weather had to do with the big turn out too! And not to sound prideful but I had people drive up just to meet me, which I though was crazy. I posted only on FaceBook that I was coming and posted a pic of my van. When I pulled in and drove around looking for Bryan Ditch every camp ground there were people waving at me! It shocked me. So to say it was FaceBook, I'm not buying it. JMO.

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //