//ArrowChat Code
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: TF 2016: The good, the bad and the ugly.

--
    don't get me wrong. Trikefest is probably one of the best times you can have and out of all my years if going it seems there is always a year with people like that every once and a while. I know I said it could be my last it's very very unlikely I will miss another trikefest lol. There are way too many good people that go and I enjoy meeting new ones every year. If you like or love three wheelers I do say that it is a must do for every one at least once. The good of it to me anyway will always far out way the bad.

RamsesRibb is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    I haven't been to the event but I do think that the irresponsible people everyone is talking about is the type of riffraff that pollutes everything today. These kids today don't get parental guidance and they expect to get away with everything.
    Previously known as HighFlying101 since 2003
    I changed my email and lost my password

Current: '85 Tri-Z , '83 250r , '86 Tecate, '80 ATC110
    Prior: '85 FTZ ATC350X, '85 Tri-Z, '85 ATC200X w/ Bassani exhaust, '83 Big Red, '81 ATC185S, '79 ATC110

http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/tpctrikes/

--
    Unfortunately todays riffraff grows up to be tomorrows adult riffraff.

Quote Originally Posted by RamsesRibb View Post
    I haven't been to the event but I do think that the irresponsible people everyone is talking about is the type of riffraff that pollutes everything today. These kids today don't get parental guidance and they expect to get away with everything.
    85 Big Red
    83 Big Red
    84 125m
    85 TRX 125
    73 ATC 70

--
    Don't let it discourage ya yet, the main people of trike fest is well worth the travel time, and yes I agree with with you about haspin taking care of the idiots.

fabiodriven is offline Aspiring romance novel cover model, and the Official 3WW slayer of thieves and swindlers. Catch me if you can
    --
    As of now we know who most, if not all of these people were that caused most likely every incident that happened this year. I am strongly of the opinion that these people should be banned and Haspin be notified of their names. We have proof but I'm sitting on it at the moment. If it's decided action can be taken and everyone is OK with something being done I'll gladly do whatever I can to make sure this gets taken care of. Honestly I was more worried at first because I thought it was just an overall attitude or crowd change. Since we've pieced everything together we now know it was a very small group, possibly two, that caused almost every problem. I believe if we eliminate them and then we ALL take a lesson from this to be more diligent when it comes to people getting out of line we can solve this. We will most likely deal with the consequences of their actions regardless, but we can heal it. I think we need to stand together if confronted with this again. I think it might be worth considering having a group of well known people all be in touch with one another and if a particular group needs to be watched we can all observe throughout our respective days, without going out of our way of course, just casually. This group we are dealing with is not small and they talk a lot about fighting, they enjoy it. The only way to deal with a group of ten guys that likes to fight peacefully is to show them they're clearly outnumbered. Doing nothing didn't work out well, but I got the impression others were caught off guard just as much as I was. Nobody at that time realized all of these things happening were from just a small group of people. Personally I would cut the Facebook promotion altogether, but that's just my opinion. The numbers are fine, nobody stands to gain from higher numbers aside from Haspin, and they were happy with us with much smaller numbers so... I just don't see the need for public promotion after this. It didn't seem like a bad idea to me at first but now I think a bit differently. If you love trikes and having fun you'll find us.
    Last edited by fabiodriven; 06-30-2016 at 08:28 PM.
    85 Tri-Zinger 60
    85 ATC250SX
    86 ATC250SX
    87 ATC250SX
    02 XR650L conversion
    84 ATC 480R

--
    I guess I should tell my FaceBook friends their not welcome because they are evil bad people, Jimmy White will be disappointed.

clmeue37 is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerFirst time rider
    --
    I think the best solution to the problem is, as a community, we all need to speak up politely at first to anyone riding a trike at haspin during the week of trikefest who is acting irresponsibly. Even though they may not be a member of the forums they represent all of us regardless of how and where they heard about trikefest. If there are further issues with these persons then I would assume they can be reported to the staff at haspin acres and further decisions can be made and action can be taken.
    Last edited by clmeue37; 07-01-2016 at 05:43 PM. Reason: 90% of my post disappeared!
    1980 Honda atc110, 1981 Honda atc110, 1983 Honda atc200e Big Red, 1984 Honda atc200es Big Red, 1984 Honda trx200, 1985 Honda atc200s

Trikefest '15 '16

Before destruction a man's heart is haughty, but humility comes before honor.
    -Proverbs 18:12

fabiodriven is offline Aspiring romance novel cover model, and the Official 3WW slayer of thieves and swindlers. Catch me if you can
    --

TF 2016: The good, the bad and the ugly.

Quote Originally Posted by Mickey Dunlap View Post
    I guess I should tell my FaceBook friends their not welcome because they are evil bad people, Jimmy White will be disappointed.
    Mickey, I'm restraining myself here. You do not understand the first thing about what is going on here. I can assure you if you and Jimmy White flew to the moon for the rest of your lives Trikefest would be completely unaffected. For one time please, please realize that this is not about you. This realistically has nothing to do with you in any manner, shape, or form. That's nice that you have an opinion, we all do, but drop the agenda to inevitably always be against whatever it is I'm saying. You should be embarrassed about the comments you're making because it's obvious how over your head all of this is. You're passive-aggressively making snide remarks and hollow threats that are not conducive to this effort one bit. This event is more a part of me than you understand. I won't get too carried away explaining myself but my trailer for Trikefest is not much smaller than my house. I spend thousands on the bikes and rig and money is nothing, living is everything. This is a passion of mine and I am going to be a part of the solution here with or without your taunts, so keep it up and keep showing everyone who you are. It's perfectly fine by me, trust me. I intend to take the bull by the horns here but you can take the wheel any time you're ready there driver. If you think you can do this better than me you'd better start planning because my gears have been spinning for almost a week now. I'm not sure if you realize this, but both you and Jimmy White exist outside of Facebook. Also it's "they're", not "their".

As far as Trikefest is concerned I will always be your elder.
    Last edited by fabiodriven; 07-01-2016 at 11:29 AM.
    85 Tri-Zinger 60
    85 ATC250SX
    86 ATC250SX
    87 ATC250SX
    02 XR650L conversion
    84 ATC 480R

--
    First off, thanks for the thread, it's probably a good thing to talk about the issues than to leave it be.

I would have to say my experience this year was overall really good. The first few days was like any other year, peaceful and fun.
    But as many stated, things started to change. I personally never crossed paths with the group(s), but hear the aftermath.

Over the course of the week, I kept having to remind people to ware their helmets, no double riding and keeping their speed down in the campgrounds.
    I however stopped after Thursday as I was getting the finger and the common f-off.

In hindsight, the issues should have been dealt with on the spot. I later found out that I could have voiced my concern to Howdy, John or Mik6 to deal with the issues.

The "Rules" are simple

- Ware a helmet
    - Keep it slow in posted areas.
    - No double riding
    - No machines in the river
    - No riding past the bridge

WE can't get any simpler with the rules.
    Haspin has been kind enough to let Trikefest goers ride through the night, go to the river, and the city had invited us to put on a parade.

As it has been explained to me, Trikefest has been 15 years in the making. It had has it's up and downs, but this year seems to have been
    up there in the "it could have been better" list.

I know many with disagree with what I have to say next, but I would like to get it out there.

I think it may be time to make a few changes to help govern Trikefest from further disappointments.

1. Designate with flags at the camps or on the trikes and/or armbands or shirts those with policing power at trikefest.
    This would make it easy for anyone with issues to find a rep.

2. Make it mandatory to have FULLY operational Brakes (including the parking brake), headlight and a DOT Helmet.
    As it was pointed out a few times, hardhats are NOT going to stop a head injury. I'm sorry but you CAN AFFORD A HALFSHELL HELMET.

3. Use a quieter trike after 10pm. I myself drive a trike that is borderline noisy. But in order to allow for people to have a half decent rest,
    the louder strait pipe or race trikes should be left at camp for the night. DA DING DING DING DING DING DING DA DING DING DING DING...
    at ear pearsing levels is just down annoying. If you have to yell to talk around the trike while running, it should be a hint that it is a little loud.

4. An additional agreement form for the trikefest week should be made outlining that if you should break the rules, you may be asked to leave and
    may be forced to leave if necessary.

Though many will disagree with my thoughts on the matter, I strongly believe that these changes will set the basis for improving and
    hopefully reinforce everyones experience of having a good time at Trikefest.

Trikefest is only going to get bigger with time and changes will have to be made to ensure a smooth growth.

[B]
    1973-74 Honda ATC 70 Chrome Custom

Argo (ODG) Taurus 650, Pacesetter WR-PIII, Commuter 380, TE390, Granger, Sasquatch, John Deere AMT 600, Honda 250es & sx

Trikefest Survivor: 2014, 2015, 2016
    Trikefest Alberta: 2017, 2020

Trikefest 2015 A.K.A MUDFEST
    Coolpool: TURN!
    hoosierlogger: I'M TRY'N TO TURN! (Riding his ALT50)

--
    Personally I don't think marking anyone out as any sort of authority figure is a good idea. Enough of us know one another to have a silent presence I think. Not only that, but a "flagged" member will just quell people while he's in the area. Also it could draw unwanted attention.
    85 Tri-Zinger 60
    85 ATC250SX
    86 ATC250SX
    87 ATC250SX
    02 XR650L conversion
    84 ATC 480R

--
    The riding double is something I was concerned about this year. Whe n I first pulled in i saw the big "no riding double" sign and I got very worried. My wife and I always ride double because she doesn't like driving and doesn't have much experience. I guess I just ignored it and we went on with our week. It was never a problem in the past, or maybe I didn't notice the sign. I would like some clarification on it for next year, if it is against the rules I'll get a smaller trike or quad for her. In the past there have been rules and then "rules", I assumed it was a "rule".
    Looking for a Bassani silencer for a 2nd gen tecate, the style with the movable mount. 1st gen will work

--
    One rule I think should be made is no trikes driving into town. If we are allowed back to the river next year that should be it. I k ow in the past some guys have gone down to the bar, but that opened Pandora box. This year there was a helmetless kid on a 350x riding a wheelie over the bridge from town that kinda started my whole altercation. That's a quick way to get a dwi, amongst all the other tickets you'd get.
    Looking for a Bassani silencer for a 2nd gen tecate, the style with the movable mount. 1st gen will work

--
    Quote Originally Posted by Mickey Dunlap View Post

Mickey, you are making something of this that it isn't. Please refrain from further comments. You are making yourself look like an ass.
    my feedback thread http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthr...-hoosierlogger

TRIKEFEST 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16

Current rides
    Taurus 650 (green)
    85 250es big red
    83 ALT50 (5 year old daughters)
    82 ALT50
    82 ALT50
    84 atc 70 stroked big bore 90 STILL in progress.
    71 QA50
    93 TRX 300 FW

Quote Originally Posted by fabiodriven View Post
    Ya'll are the biggest bunch of whining b!tches I've seen in my entire life.
    You might be strong as an ox, but without a cart you are just a big dumb animal.

Billy Golightly is offline Always finding new and exciting ways to not give a hoot in hell Catch me if you can
    --
    Blog Entries
    I'm typing this on my phone so forgive the typos and such but everyday I've been at work since I've been back I've been so slammed csnt seem t really take the time to write a post from a pc.

Couple things;

1 haspin had an increased security presence / rule enforcement from earlier this year when they had a very bad holiday weekend as per discussion with pete and also Glen. Trash cans flattened, signs ran vet snd broken, garbage intentionally strewn throughout, etc. This is what brought up the no night riding thing.

It does appear that there was a relatively small and select group of individuals that were the source of most problems and that's why earlier in the week even though there was already a 100 people there on like Tuesday , everything was peachy.

2 several people I spoke to did try snd self police and encourage correct behaviour. I told several people about helmets myself and witnessed several others. However like Matt said a point was reached where people just were a holes about it. There was an altercation at the river by someone who was riding in the water (the only rule we've ever been given about going down there and in the 5 or 6 years I've been going down there only saw happen once maybe twice) that was asked to stop got very beligerent and nearly turned into a fist fight. So - the community tried to self police and did it's job in the regard.

3 I don't know if we can ban people from Haspin but I am willing to revisit it and find out if we can isolate a group responsible. When we last discussed that topic a few years ago, it was not.

Haspin has always afforded us a lot of opportunities and flexibility because we are one of the more behaved groups that comes in, and Pete has said that on pretty much every occasion.

3 I go there to see my friends and have fun. I paid my 90$ at the gate this year like everyone else. I don't go to Haspin to be their security. Whrn i talked to Pete Saturday night after the that went on was not indicative of us as a whole and he basically said we'd been coming there 15 years and he knew that. This was a huge year - just by the accounts here on the board there were several first timers which is great! The solution here I *think* is a dialogue with Haspin saying look we appreciate the leniency and leeway but by Thursday or Friday you guys need to d what you need to and not worry about hurting any of our guys feelings. For the most part anyone that is there early in the week has their together enough they won't risk being sent home, that's common sense. It's the wreck less Ness of people that are a 2 hour drive from home (no offense intended) that makes the repercussions or not giving a attitude easier for them.

I'll type more later but when I heard what was going on back in the middle of the parade my heart sunk because of the asshattery involved. It made me want to tell them nope were done doing this now, never again. The one thing I am proud of though is the number of people that tried to get that behavior to stop - even though it was met and received badly. Those folks deserve medals for trying to do the right thing and making others realize it. And that's what this whole thing is all about.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

--
    If I make it next year (my 6th year) and if the parade is happening again I was going to bring candy to throw out. There were a ton of people, mostly kids, that would enjoy that. This year was great in most aspects but crap in a few.
    Keep on Triking!!!! "I am the NIGHT RIDER!!!"

RIP Ninja!

Feedback thread: http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthr...-for-thestud25

Trike Fest 2011, 2012 Vet!
    Founding member of the Haspin 6ft Bats Club!!

Trikes Currently Owned:
    87 Big Red 250es
    86 Kawasak KLT110. All documentation, bought from original owner.
    83 Honda 200s
    81 Honda Atc 70
    (4) Suzuki ALT 50's
    Yamaha YT 60

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //