//ArrowChat Code
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: TF 2016: The good, the bad and the ugly.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by Mickey Dunlap View Post
    I understand no one likes preaching anywhere, but that's what we are to do, and God has all the answers, so I'll go with the one with all the answers even though I don't always like His answers I know he is in control. No hard feeling here!
    We are here on this forum to enjoy trikes and the fellowship and the love for our machines, not to preach gospel to one another. I am happy that Jesus made a difference in your life I really am. I believe everyone deserves the benefit of the doubt, but Mickey... You just seem to be posting to ruffle feathers and try to provoke an Internet pissing match. It has been pointed out by many different people over the past few days on acouple different threads that the group that discovered trikefest are indeed the ones that caused 90% the problems. You kept insisting it wasn't facebooks fault, no one is blaming Facebook personally.

Fabio has the proof including confessions from most of the group that were involved. I trust his research and have found that he simply doesn't throw accusations unless he can back it up. With the screen shots of the involved parties Facebook conversations, we can identify them and possibly have the ability to have Pete's staff pull their phone numbers from their waivers they filled out at sign in. If haspin's managment sees fit, they have the ability and right to phone them and ask them not to return to the park.

This simple discussion about how to fix this problem is coming dangerously close to coming off the rails as it speeds out of control with fuel that doesn't need thrown into the fire.
    my feedback thread http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthr...-hoosierlogger

TRIKEFEST 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16

Current rides
    Taurus 650 (green)
    85 250es big red
    83 ALT50 (5 year old daughters)
    82 ALT50
    82 ALT50
    84 atc 70 stroked big bore 90 STILL in progress.
    71 QA50
    93 TRX 300 FW

Quote Originally Posted by fabiodriven View Post
    Ya'll are the biggest bunch of whining b!tches I've seen in my entire life.
    You might be strong as an ox, but without a cart you are just a big dumb animal.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by hoosierlogger View Post
    We are here on this forum to enjoy trikes and the fellowship and the love for our machines, not to preach gospel to one another. I am happy that Jesus made a difference in your life I really am. I believe everyone deserves the benefit of the doubt, but Mickey... You just seem to be posting to ruffle feathers and try to provoke an Internet pissing match. It has been pointed out by many different people over the past few days on acouple different threads that the group that discovered trikefest are indeed the ones that caused 90% the problems. You kept insisting it wasn't facebooks fault, no one is blaming Facebook personally.

Fabio has the proof including confessions from most of the group that were involved. I trust his research and have found that he simply doesn't throw accusations unless he can back it up. With the screen shots of the involved parties Facebook conversations, we can identify them and possibly have the ability to have Pete's staff pull their phone numbers from their waivers they filled out at sign in. If haspin's managment sees fit, they have the ability and right to phone them and ask them not to return to the park.

This simple discussion about how to fix this problem is coming dangerously close to coming off the rails as it speeds out of control with fuel that doesn't need thrown into the fire.
    Well you can judge me how ever you want, but just because I preach the word of God doesn't mean I rub some the wrong way, it's what Gods word does. And it does that because it's like salt in a wound, but then it heals too so it's good, but at first it doesn't FEEL that way. I am commanded to go into ALL the world a preach the good news, so I do what God says not man. It's just the way it is, besides if 3 wheelers is all that was talked about on here this site would really be dead. I have got on here seeing nothing but things of the world that had nothing to do with 3 wheeler, but preach the good news , the only thing that matters in the whole world and I'm the bad guy. LOL Some day you and every one will stand before God as judge, then you will have nothing to say.

clmeue37 is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerFirst time rider
    --
    Mickey...there is an open forum here that you could start a thread to spread His word. I understand your intention and I also understand that ruffling some feathers is all part of it but if you were to consolidate it to a thread devoted to the topic I guarantee you would draw in people with conflicting beliefs. It's not necessary to hijack a thread such as this one. We don't care about why this group of people acted in the manner they did at haspin, we're trying to figure out a solution to keep it from happening again. You're preaching to a group of respected/respectful, giving, and good people. You're basically telling them that they are inferior to you when it's not true. Not true in the slightest respect.
    1980 Honda atc110, 1981 Honda atc110, 1983 Honda atc200e Big Red, 1984 Honda atc200es Big Red, 1984 Honda trx200, 1985 Honda atc200s

Trikefest '15 '16

Before destruction a man's heart is haughty, but humility comes before honor.
    -Proverbs 18:12

--
    Well you can judge me how ever you want, but just because I preach the word of God doesn't mean I rub some the wrong way, it's what Gods word does. And it does that because it's like salt in a wound, but then it heals too so it's good, but at first it doesn't FEEL that way. I am commanded to go into ALL the world a preach the good news, so I do what God says not man. It's just the way it is, besides if 3 wheelers is all that was talked about on here this site would really be dead. I have got on here seeing nothing but things of the world that had nothing to do with 3 wheeler, but preach the good news , the only thing that matters in the whole world and I'm the bad guy. LOL Some day you and every one will stand before God as judge, then you will have nothing to say.

I don't get you Mickey. I'm not trying to be mean, but you are a stirrer that doesnt know when to quit. This thread is about that group of jackasses that were causing trouble at trikefest not your religious agenda. Like I said acouple times before I'm glad you found Jesus and he helped turn your life around I really am. I'm not mocking or bashing your faith at all. You just can't seem to absorb the topic and purpose of this thread.

Current rides
    Taurus 650 (green)
    85 250es big red
    82 ALT50
    82 ALT50
    71 QA50
    93 TRX 300 FW

You might be strong as an ox, but without a cart you are just a big dumb animal.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by kiser View Post
    Any public event has or will have idiots like we had at TF this year. There really is nothing we can do about them coming but we can all as a group, police the event. A few of us spoke up to a kid that was riding around without a helmet. He didn't like it and I don't care. I spoke up at the fight during the herk and jerk. I told the kid that started it to go back to his camp. He was to loaded to really hear me so I told his buddies we didn't need that crap so get him out of here. They did and we continued. I guess what I'm saying is don't be shy or turn the other cheek. If nothing is done to correct a problem, the problem will always be there. Maybe face book did bring the undesirables in but we as a group can try to make the experience they have bad for them so hopefully they won't come back.
    I think kiser is on the right path here. Not sure if increasing our rules (now Haspin and Laurel increasing their rules is outside our control) isn't necessarily the best policy, all that's going to do is suck the fun out of it for both newbies and oldies. I think one of the best things we could do for the time being is get better at making sure the existing rules are acknowledged and enforced as best as possible. I don't recall from TF15 (my first and only year) if there is anything similar already in place, but maybe some flyers could be printed out on brightly colored paper outlining what the main rules are and given out when people are paying admission. This eliminates all the "well, I didn't know"'s and makes it so people have no excuse for why they are breaking the rules. This will also increase the number of people that do know the rules that can help self police. I think we as a whole group (newbies, oldies, racers, spectators, drunkards, soberers, etc) all just need to get better at self policing ourselves. If you see somebody ride by without a helmet, tell them to put a helmet on. If you see that person tell the other person to "f-off" go tell them to put a helmet on. If you see two people tell someone to put a helmet on an the person tells both of them to "f-off" go tell him to put a helmet on. I guarantee you that if someone makes the choice to disobey rules and not wear a helmet every 30 seconds somebody tells him to put a helmet on, he's gonna get tired of that ish real quick and either A) put a dang helmet on or B) not come back to the event.

I can say from my experiences last year, prior to arriving at trikefest and once I arrived there, I never once saw "no riding in the river" posted as a rule anywhere. Sure enough, I went down in the river and went to ride out in it and a few people said "hey, you're not allowed to ride in the river". I said "I'm sorry, I didn't know that was a rule, it won't happen again" and I never set foot in that river again (well, except for late one night when it was at flood stage, I went and rode around in the non-moving overflow on the trail in to practice riding water wheelies and see how deep my trike could go). Right after I was told not to go in the river, one of my friends from my group came down to the river and went to ride it the water and I said "hey, they said we're not allowed to ride in the river" and he said "oh, okay, I didn't know that but now I do" and just like that the group as a whole got more educated and better at self policing.

As far as the comments Billy made about what was happening during the parade, I have spoken with him and several others about one of these incidents (involving a wheelie and a crash) and have also spoken to the responsible party about the incident. The responsible party was a first year attender and was not aware that riding wheelies was frowned upon, and after watching others do the same activity he attempted it too. He knows what he did now was a bad idea and shouldn't be a "repeat offender" next year. It was also brought to my attention that there was no formal "riders meeting" prior to the parade this year like there was last year, where it was made clearly known that everybody needed to wear a helmet, be mostly sober, not bring open containers, not ride wheelies, not do donuts, and just not act like an idiot in public. I'm not sure why this was skipped this year whether lack of resources or just thought that for the second year everybody should have enough common sense to know better, but whatever reason it was it probably would have helped reduce the chance of these incidents happening if it had taken place. I have made it known to Billy, but I will also make it known here that I would be glad to help coordinate this "riders meeting" along with helping anywhere else its needed to help make sure all aspects of trikefest go off without a hitch. I know its a small dedicated group that coordinates all the events and that that can strain people and take away from the fun of it. Screenshot this post, write down my name, my real name is Connor Jepsen (yes, I can be found on facebook), all anybody has to do is ask me and I'd be more than happy to lend a hand however I can. I would also be willing to help design and print "rules flyers" for distribution upon admission to the park if people this this will have any positive effect.

I was bummed I missed this year due to injury, but I was even more bummed after I started to hear that this was a rough year. I, probably like everybody else, want to see this event continue to go off without a hitch for years to come. Trikes in general have a bad rap, we all know this, and we don't need a positive event like trikefest that's filled with individuals dedicated to keeping the sport alive and healthy to be ruined by a few individuals that don't respect the trike community as a whole.

-Connor

--
    Connor you are right on track. Unfortunately the park is open to anyone that wants to show up. The forum members are all mostly good well intending people. Some with business interests to uphold, some are competitors at some of the MX races, some are friends that live several hundred miles away. For the most part we are all friends and brothers from other mothers. The problem that arises is anyone can pay to get in those gates whenever they want. It's just a shame that they all had trikes, and even tho they arent part of the forums, they still appear as part of our group. Their actions stain our reputation.

It would be roughly the same as if there were a jeep club that held a get together at the park. You and I happened to have jeeps and we showed up that weekend. Suppose they all were lined up going to cruise together thru town and we jumped inline with them. Also suppose while they were all out making an impression on town you and I decided to drift around a corner on the road. Even though all of those jeepers werent doing a darn thing wrong we soiled the towns perception of them.

It's not fair, but that is essentially what happened to us. We don't want it to happen again.

Current rides
    Taurus 650 (green)
    85 250es big red
    82 ALT50
    82 ALT50
    71 QA50
    93 TRX 300 FW

Billy Golightly is offline Always finding new and exciting ways to not give a hoot in hell Catch me if you can
    --
    Blog Entries
    Well this certainly exploded...

Mickey, I appreciate your contributions to the community and coming and participating in the event finally when I know you've been trying to make it on and off for several years. I'm glad to have the opportunity to shake your hand and talk with you a bit in the van before you parked. I'm glad you were able to come and experience what the event is (mostly) about and get a first hand perspective to make a judgement call about it and whether it was enjoyable to you or not. I have no doubt that despite the kinks in things here and there (Which when you consider the fact there are 500 people riding machines the government forced out of manufacturer that probably have a wee bit of the ole chip on the shoulder of defiance to begin with...) I know it is a great event, that shapes and transforms a lot of lives and has made some incredibly good friendship bonds over the years that cannot be duplicated anywhere else. Those are the things many people hold so dear to their hearts and defend vigorously. So when we have "crap" come up, it gets attacked, because its not apart of who we are and what we do. But Please, Lets stay focused in this particular thread at least on what the issues this year were, and how we can rationally and reasonably address them so we may grow past them. You wont ever keep alcohol out of Haspin Acres, so we need to look at this in a rational perspective on what WE as people who pay to enter and use the park like every one else can do.

I think a first step is a dialogue with Haspin staff voicing the issues and our disgust with them (which I did Saturday night). Next is formulating a plan to address and prevent it in a reasonable manner, which I feel like we're doing now in this forum in an open environment with several different boots on the ground perspectives and ideas. Thats a good thing. Doesn't look like too many people here are all like "Awe man cut them dudes some slack that were riding through peoples yards on bikes during the parade or riding in the river or trying to start fights." We're talking about it, and brainstorming ideas on how to fix it.

For Every one - a couple of facts;

The event WAS heavily promoted on Facebook - more than it ever had been. In the first week there was something like 45,000 views of the event page on Facebook after numerous shares on other groups and pages. One week before hand the event was shared on the ATV Rider Facebook page which has an impressive 500,000 followers. The 3WW Facebook in comparison barely breaches 9k. I state this to illustrate the fact it is not necessarily Facebook vs the forum but that there was an entirely different medium of people learning about the event this year than there has been. Does that make all Facebook people bad, well no of course not, duh. There's been some stupid stuff done by people that were members of this forum before Facebook at Haspin also. It is not Facebook inclusive. This particular year there was by far and wide margins more sources of visitors from that medium than anywhere else though, however. So in order to have a discussion, we have to generalize to a certain degree.

The turn out during the middle of the week was quite average. Wednesday morning I got up and was talking to a few folks and there really had not been that many people that came in different than Monday. We almost thought it would be a low year, then Thursday/Friday/Saturday it seemed to explode almost....

Nothing was so tragic as to have happened that Haspin didn't invite us back, quite the opposite as I was asked to make sure we would be back, despite the problems.

We were not told there would be no parade next year (Although If its up to me there may not be without some guarantees of additional oversight/enforcement that aren't our own people).

None of us are deputized or have the authority to throw someone out of the park. While there are long time people and members that could go to Pete or one of the staff and explain what happened, we can't point a finger and say GTFO. It does not work that way. While I'm glad that some people were able to take the hint from other folks attending, mob mentality can be a little bit dangerous as well. I'd like to find out who all the folks involved were and what proof there is of it, and then discuss that with the Haspin crew the next time we talk.

This is a group of folks that spend hundreds of thousands of dollars and drives hundreds of thousands of miles collectively to get to the place. It is an extremely passionate subject for all involved, and every one only wants the very best of it.

In Short: There seemed to be a lot of new people and a shortage of common sense.

So - lets discuss ideas to resolve and fix the situation for next year in a rational amicable manner. I still have photos to finish editing and uploading.

fabiodriven is offline Aspiring romance novel cover model, and the Official 3WW slayer of thieves and swindlers. Catch me if you can
    --
    Translation; Mickey, sit the feck down and shut the frick up. You are causing problems. We have this under control.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    85 Tri-Zinger 60
    85 ATC250SX
    86 ATC250SX
    87 ATC250SX
    02 XR650L conversion
    84 ATC 480R

Billy Golightly is offline Always finding new and exciting ways to not give a hoot in hell Catch me if you can
    --
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by conbon View Post
    It was also brought to my attention that there was no formal "riders meeting" prior to the parade this year like there was last year, where it was made clearly known that everybody needed to wear a helmet, be mostly sober, not bring open containers, not ride wheelies, not do donuts, and just not act like an idiot in public. I'm not sure why this was skipped this year whether lack of resources or just thought that for the second year everybody should have enough common sense to know better, but whatever reason it was it probably would have helped reduce the chance of these incidents happening if it had taken place.

-Connor

Just to clarify on the riders meeting part - the day of when I went around to all the camps, I reiterated the rules as they had been given to me and told everyone I talked to about the parade about them. I also walked through the crowd before hand caught a few people *cough* *cough* with beers then that I told them to put away. So there was not a riders meeting perse with everyone all at once at the start, but these things were talked about.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by clmeue37 View Post
    Mickey...there is an open forum here that you could start a thread to spread His word. I understand your intention and I also understand that ruffling some feathers is all part of it but if you were to consolidate it to a thread devoted to the topic I guarantee you would draw in people with conflicting beliefs. It's not necessary to hijack a thread such as this one. We don't care about why this group of people acted in the manner they did at haspin, we're trying to figure out a solution to keep it from happening again. You're preaching to a group of respected/respectful, giving, and good people. You're basically telling them that they are inferior to you when it's not true. Not true in the slightest respect.
    No where do I say anyone is inferior to me, God yes! Not me, but to say I know nothing of the problem just isn't true, it's a human heart problem and yes that is a higher level to man opinion. You can make new rules, kick people out (more will come). I'm talking about humans, guns don't kill people, people kill people. If you don't get that and I'm speaking above what people understand , who's problem is that?

--
    Quote Originally Posted by Billy Golightly View Post
    Just to clarify on the riders meeting part - the day of when I went around to all the camps, I reiterated the rules as they had been given to me and told everyone I talked to about the parade about them. I also walked through the crowd before hand caught a few people *cough* *cough* with beers then that I told them to put away. So there was not a riders meeting perse with everyone all at once at the start, but these things were talked about.
    That is good to know. My train of thought goes to "hey everybody, listen up. I know Billy has walked around and told everybody what the rules are for this, but just as a reminder..." just so that it is crystal clear without a doubt what is expected of the group. I didn't know who the F a "billy go lightly" was prior to last year (I wasn't very active on forums before TF), and to be honest if you walked into my camp and said "hey guys remember, no beer or wheelies during the parade" I probably would have been like "pshh, who was that guy and what crawled up his butt and died?" but you bet your ass when I pulled up to the parade and you were standing up front with a bullhorn repeating the same spiel as earlier I was like "oh, I guess he's important, we should probably listen to him then". I know you have a lot of good faith in the community to have common sense, but as we've learned that isn't always the case, and maybe for future reference reiterating what should be common sense ahead of time might help those couple people that are lacking in that department...

-Connor

--
    Quote Originally Posted by hoosierlogger View Post
    I don't get you Mickey. I'm not trying to be mean, but you are a stirrer that doesnt know when to quit. This thread is about that group of jackasses that were causing trouble at trikefest not your religious agenda. Like I said acouple times before I'm glad you found Jesus and he helped turn your life around I really am. I'm not mocking or bashing your faith at all. You just can't seem to absorb the topic and purpose of this thread.
    Ever think that you just don't get it? This world with all the wisdom is getting worse, do you think you have the answers? Do you thing our government has the answers, the answer is Jesus, like it or not! If you don't get that don't blame me!

--
    Ever think that you just don't get it? This world with all the wisdom is getting worse, do you think you have the answers? Do you thing our government has the answers, the answer is Jesus, like it or not! If you don't get that don't blame me!
    Well Mickey, call on Jesus to solve this one for us. You will probably have more to show for your time by ing in your hand.

Start a thread in the open forum and tell people about Jesus and the 7 dwarfs and how they rescued the princess of Zelda.

Current rides
    Taurus 650 (green)
    85 250es big red
    82 ALT50
    82 ALT50
    71 QA50
    93 TRX 300 FW

clmeue37 is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerFirst time rider
    --
    No where do I say anyone is inferior to me, God yes! Not me, but to say I know nothing of the problem just isn't true, it's a human heart problem and yes that is a higher level to man opinion. You can make new rules, kick people out (more will come). I'm talking about humans, guns don't kill people, people kill people. If you don't get that and I'm speaking above what people understand , who's problem is that?
    No comment. Your ignorance is blatantly obvious. Trikefest is becoming to me what it has been to lots of people for many years. You just don't get it and that is your problem. Have a blessed day Mickey.
    1980 Honda atc110, 1981 Honda atc110, 1983 Honda atc200e Big Red, 1984 Honda atc200es Big Red, 1984 Honda trx200, 1985 Honda atc200s

Trikefest '15 '16

Before destruction a man's heart is haughty, but humility comes before honor.
    -Proverbs 18:12

--
    Translation; Mickey, sit the feck down and shut the frick up. You are causing problems. We have this under control.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    LOL You are not in control! You have no power over me so get over your self! LOL

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //