//ArrowChat Code
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: TF 2016: The good, the bad and the ugly.

--
    For the love of God Mickey, you sound just like my mother before she chased all her old friends away. Maybe you can come down to the river next year and baptize all the young Facebook hellions and show them the path to righteousness isn't off the road on a trike and into a tree?
    It sucks to get old

--
    Quote Originally Posted by clmeue37 View Post
    No comment. Your ignorance is blatantly obvious. Trikefest is becoming to me what it has been to lots of people for many years. You just don't get it and that is your problem. Have a blessed day Mickey.
    I had a great time, everyone that met me had a great time, it was ALL good for me and I'll be back. So thank you I will have a blessed day!

--
    Quote Originally Posted by El Camexican View Post
    For the love of God Mickey, you sound just like my mother before she chased all her old friends away. Maybe you can come down to the river next year and baptize all the young Facebook hellions and show them the path to righteousness isn't off the road on a trike and into a tree?

While I increased my friends I don't go where I wouldn't fit in, I attracted people, didn't chase anyone away. Those that I did get out and see that I didn't know they were more then welcoming. There are those that won't come around me and that's OK, just like you, you walked away. Yes I seen you.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by Mickey Dunlap View Post
    While I increased my friends I don't go where I wouldn't fit in, I attracted people, didn't chase anyone away. Those that I did get out and see that I didn't know they were more then welcoming. There are those that won't come around me and that's OK, just like you, you walked away. Yes I seen you.
    Yep, I did. It must have been God's will
    It sucks to get old

--
    Mickey you are so full of yourself. Maybe next year the paparazzi will be there to take pictures of you without your halo.
    my feedback thread http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthr...-hoosierlogger

TRIKEFEST 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16

Current rides
    Taurus 650 (green)
    85 250es big red
    83 ALT50 (5 year old daughters)
    82 ALT50
    82 ALT50
    84 atc 70 stroked big bore 90 STILL in progress.
    71 QA50
    93 TRX 300 FW

Quote Originally Posted by fabiodriven View Post
    Ya'll are the biggest bunch of whining b!tches I've seen in my entire life.
    You might be strong as an ox, but without a cart you are just a big dumb animal.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by El Camexican View Post
    Yep, I did. It must have been God's will
    Petty in my book.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by hoosierlogger View Post
    Mickey you are so full of yourself. Maybe next year the paparazzi will be there to take pictures of you without your halo.
    Maybe I like who I am, maybe you don't, who has the problem? I think I have earned where I am in life, what I have done in the industry.

--
    Ok how are we going to keep this negative behavior that took place this year from ruining trikefest at haspin for us?
    my feedback thread http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthr...-hoosierlogger

TRIKEFEST 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16

Current rides
    Taurus 650 (green)
    85 250es big red
    83 ALT50 (5 year old daughters)
    82 ALT50
    82 ALT50
    84 atc 70 stroked big bore 90 STILL in progress.
    71 QA50
    93 TRX 300 FW

Quote Originally Posted by fabiodriven View Post
    Ya'll are the biggest bunch of whining b!tches I've seen in my entire life.
    You might be strong as an ox, but without a cart you are just a big dumb animal.

fabiodriven is offline Aspiring romance novel cover model, and the Official 3WW slayer of thieves and swindlers. Catch me if you can
    --

TF 2016: The good, the bad and the ugly.

Dear Mickey,

Thanks for the fenders and the engine work. That's not a warrant for you to do as you please. You're way out of your element here and you're insisting on interjecting yourself where you do not belong, are not needed, and where nobody asked you to be. You're like a cook right now offering to help fix a transmission. Yeah your soup is great but it's not going to do anything to fix my transmission.

I was very nice to you from the word go here and that's the only olive branch you will ever get from me. You sir, have some extremely large social issues and your J-list celebrity status may be enough to lure some people in and overlook your huge shortcomings, but it has never mattered to me.

I put others before myself to a degree that it's damaging to me. You are the direct opposite. We are oil and water, we will never get along. I'm grateful to you for speaking your mind as freely as you have been because it's been difficult for me to convey to other people how poisonous you are. You have done an absolutely outstanding job of showing everyone just how ignorant you are, and for this I thank you from the bottom of my heart. The arrogance to try and interject so deeply on a subject you know so little about, and insisting things that would ensure the problems we've had would continue. Shame on you for becoming a part of the problem rather than pushing for a solution. As of now in my eyes you are the same as those who committed the unfortunate acts this past year, you are on their team and no better than them. You are against me and in turn against this site as we wrestle with this problem. I can assure you this will be handled and I will be a part of it, just as I stated from the beginning. Your problems that have been nothing other than a hindrance will be taken into account as to where your position is. Thank you for being very clear with your point of view.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    85 Tri-Zinger 60
    85 ATC250SX
    86 ATC250SX
    87 ATC250SX
    02 XR650L conversion
    84 ATC 480R

--
    Ok how are we going to keep this negative behavior that took place this year from ruining trikefest at haspin for us?
    Simply report it to Haspin staff at front office ~ we are there to camp/ride/compete/relax ~ period.
    We do NOT work there. We are NOT expected to work there. Nor are we expected to put up with a few people who are hell bent on raising as much hell as they possibly can.

atc12 is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerFirst time rider
    --
    What area did these ''bad kids'' camp in?

Billy Golightly is offline Always finding new and exciting ways to not give a hoot in hell Catch me if you can
    --
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by jeswinehart View Post
    Simply report it to Haspin staff at front office ~ we are there to camp/ride/compete/relax ~ period.
    We do NOT work there. We are NOT expected to work there. Nor are we expected to put up with a few people who are hell bent on raising as much hell as they possibly can.
    ++++++++++++++ infinity !

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

--
    Please, God. Help Mickey Dunlap to find the courage to listen to, and the wisdom to be able to comprehend this message:

"The Noose" by A Perfect Circle - Album - Thirteenth Step (you ought to listen to all of it)
    Last edited by DohcBikes; 07-01-2016 at 10:55 PM.

fabiodriven is offline Aspiring romance novel cover model, and the Official 3WW slayer of thieves and swindlers. Catch me if you can
    --
    Now that's dead nuts Damon. I don't even have to hit play, I already know what song it is. Very cool.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    85 Tri-Zinger 60
    85 ATC250SX
    86 ATC250SX
    87 ATC250SX
    02 XR650L conversion
    84 ATC 480R

--
    OK. So I asked John in a text where I can find all the names and pictures of the offending group but I think he forgot to answer me. Can we post some info here?

I've been staying off Facebook to try and keep my stress level down.

I've been to '14 and '15 but a trifecta of unfortunate circumstances kept me away this year so I witnessed nothing. Everything I know is from friends I talked to who were there. I trust them all so I have no reason to doubt anything I was told. I feel partly responsible for helping promote TF on FB. I had quit the place for awhile but alot of people I miss from here BITD, are easily accessible on FB. I rejoined, got on a five trike pages and when TF was brought up, people had questions. I did my best to answer when I could until I couldn't help but notice how lazy people don't like to look anything up or read stuff and I got tired of telling people "weekend after Father's Day" and "Haspin Acres" 200 times in one thread. So I quit promoting. One of the trike pages I once belonged to was called ATC ANIMALS and there are a small group of fellas on there who like to raise hell and fight so they claimed. The subject of TF came up and was a favorite subject of the admins on this page. As some other members here know, those same gentleman turned on a well respected female member of this forum and things got really fukken stoopid. My point is, THIS was the moment I realized that maybe I shouldn't have helped promote the event. I had left Facebook for a few years because bullsheet but I gave it another shot and was quickly disappointed. I quit that page in support of this forum member but it was a stark lesson that you never know who or what you invite in off the internet so if I'm ever back on FB for any significant presence, I'll either keep TF to myself or ill be more selective about who I invite next time.

I say this much, I'm not too appalled because I wasn't there and plus I've seen jeepers break out into drunken brawls twenty guys deep at Haspin. I'd say we aren't yet in any jeopardy of being asked to go elsewhere. It's no excuse for poor behavior though.

I'm probably not the best person to offer suggestions. I'm pretty rough around the edges and butt kickings are still an acceptable form of behavior modification to me so I would call it "handled" (thanks J!). Now I know there are a lot more refined and classy members than myself who disagree and would rather have a violence-free good time. I can totally respect that too. I've just seen alot worse than this so I'm not really shocked at all. Disappointed, yeah but not shocked.

I'm confused about this much...... Ive been here ten years and it's always been "we should police ourselves"......so we argued about helmets in riding pics, and behavior on public land, trespassing on private property, and much more over the years here. There was/is always one crowd that says we should mind our own business and the other side is "see something, say something"....we are still doing the same thing in this thread.

Everyone agreed the "events" were asinine. Personally, I'm not comfortable with demanding Pete get tough. Everyone used to agree that the leniency we were afforded was deserved and part of the benefit of being at Haspin over other places. Now folks want Haspin to get tough. I'm not sure the desired effect will be the only result. Truth is, alot of us probably could stand to party less and be sober when we ride. I'm guilty of that as much as anyone else. I will resolve to do better and keep my intoxicated behind at my campsite.

I know alot of my friends here who are long time TF are upset and I agree with their reasoning. It's a complicated situation though.

I was never in the parade because we left before it happened last year and didn't go this year. That probably disqualify me for having an opinion on the parade but if we are going to ask the cops to police trikers in a parade, I would rather not bother going in the parade at all to begin with. I've had enough with the American police state. Its killing my adult buzz. I have no problem with us watching ourselves. Demanding someone else do the uncomfortable stuff is kinda shady.

At TF 15, Porkchop went to ride up to the shower. Keister (one of them) caught him with no helmet and sent him back to get it. He was embarrassed and a little annoyed mostly because he got called on it. I explained the situation to him and he agreed he was in the wrong ultimately and his love of trikes trumped his ego and he wore it everywhere afterwards. In my opinion, self policing has worked fine for most people and most situations but drunk is drunk and I know not everyone is as comfortable fist fighting as some of us are so I don't expect my solution to be very popular at all. I say let things sort themselves out until they can't be and then you call security and if we need cops to police a parade, we don't need a parade.

Either way, the point of TF is to get together and celebrate our love of these death machines. Lots of things are out of our control:

1)Haspin lets in everyone with $15
    2) even if you ban alcohol, you won't keep it out completely and who wants to inspect coolers?
    3) you never know who you're dealing with
    4) even the nicest person can become a monster with enough liquor
    5) Anyone can be an a-hole. Facebook radically increases your chances of alerting a few of them that there's fun that needs to be ruined.....but we could also have a new member, like say one of my in-laws show up with all his rowdy drunken brothers and have a similar issue.

I'm sorry Joe had to get real with a mofo mostly for Joe's sake. He shouldn't have been put in that position. However I'm proud to hear "it got handled". Nice to know some have the cajones to do what's necessary. Are we even sure that Haspin security would do anything other than call the cops? Lots of places don't allow security officers to touch a drunk and belligerent person.

My opinion.........no more widespread promotion on FB. Invitation only as far as I care. If you don't contribute to our forum, why should you enjoy the perks? If a member would like to invite a person, fine, but you are responsible for their behavior. Don't want to be? Then don't invite butthole friends. Now this won't keep out trikers who pay Haspin like the other folks but I'm sure it will curb the probability of having a repeat episode. Unfortunately, I can think of one non-member named Anthony and his son, I think from Jersey (Hoosierlogger knows them too), who were at 14 and 15 and were a great couple of guys who might have never heard of TF but for Facebook or Google. I think it's still necessary though.

This solves Mickey's issue. He can invite Jimmy White as long as he keeps Jimmy White off people's lawns and other guy's wives.

You can't prevent people from coming unless it's not held in a public ATV park either. That's a huge obstacle.

Not much of a suggestion but it's a complicated problem so there is no easy solution.

Sent from my Z958 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by ironchop; 07-01-2016 at 11:19 PM.

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //