//ArrowChat Code
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: TF 2016: The good, the bad and the ugly.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by fabiodriven View Post
    Mickey, I'm restraining myself here. You do not understand the first thing about what is going on here. I can assure you if you and Jimmy White flew to the moon for the rest of your lives Trikefest would be absolutely fine. For one time please, please realize that this is not about you. This realistically has nothing to do with you in any manner, shape, or form. That's nice that you have an opinion, we all do, but drop the agenda to inevitably always be against whatever it is I'm saying. You should be embarrassed about the comments you're making because it's obvious how over your head all of this is. You're passive-aggressively making snide remarks and hollow threats that are not conducive to this effort one bit. This event is more a part of me than you understand. I won't get too carried away explaining myself but my trailer for Trikefest is not much smaller than my house. I spend thousands on the bikes and rig and money is nothing, living is everything. This is a passion of mine and I am going to be a part of the solution here with or without your taunts, so keep it up and keep showing everyone who you are. It's perfectly fine by me, trust me. I intend to take the bull by the horns here but you can take the wheel any time you're ready there driver. If you think you can do this better than me you'd better start planning because my gears have been spinning for almost a week now. I'm not sure if you realize this, but both you and Jimmy White exist outside of Facebook. Also it's "they're", not "their".

As far as Trikefest is concerned I will always be your elder.

You started out saying this was all a FaceBook problem and it has nothing to do with FaceBook, just as guns have nothing to do with the mass killings, it's a human problem. Make some more rules to help with the problems, but don't blame it on FaceBook, that's just stupid. And it doesn't matter if I was at this event
    or the big Trans-Am MX races in the 70's, and all the trike nationals in the 80's, the same thing happens at all of them, night time comes the drinking gets out of hand and you have problems, this is nothing new I seen it for years. And quit telling me what I know and don't know.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by hoosierlogger View Post
    Mickey, you are making something of this that it isn't. Please refrain from further comments. You are making yourself look like an ass.

Don't be telling me I can't say anything, I know just as much about this stuff as anyone else. In fact I have seen it more then most people because I'm older then most of you. If I look like a ass, then that's my problem, I don't worry about if people don't like what I say, I was just making a joke out of people saying it's a FaceBook problem, how stupid is that!

--
    Quote Originally Posted by thestud25 View Post
    If I make it next year (my 6th year) and if the parade is happening again I was going to bring candy to throw out. There were a ton of people, mostly kids, that would enjoy that. This year was great in most aspects but crap in a few.
    As I was driving in it I thought the same thing. We should make it a parade they get excited to see. Ones that their kids will get excited for and bug their parents and grandparents to attend.

Get some good music blasting on that big red I seen that made it to the river, get just_ben to throw some candy in that cooler trailer, get mik6 to use his air horns like a fire engine.

We could do tons of cool things with this. Make mini 3 wheeler themed floats to tow behind big reds. Make it a contest.

Yea it's neat to see that many 3 wheelers all lined up but we can make it much better.

I'll donate my time or lend a hand to anyone who wants to make a float or something. I'll help throw out candy. Hell, deliver It to my house and I'll pull it with my truck, I never bring a trailer.

fabiodriven is offline Aspiring romance novel cover model, and the Official 3WW slayer of thieves and swindlers. Catch me if you can
    --

TF 2016: The good, the bad and the ugly.

Mickey Dunlap, you do not have the slightest idea what is going on here, period. Not only are you very likely not going to be part of the solution, but you're very fast becoming a part of the problem. Nobody is asking you what you think. I have all the proof I need right here in my hands, things you know absolutely nothing about. It's already been covered that you do not have the experience to even understand any of this. Drop your gigantic ego, take a seat, and sit back while myself and those in the know handle this so people such as yourself can continue to enjoy this event the way it's supposed to be. How can you have the slightest idea what to do? You don't know who anyone is, you don't know what Trikefest is about, you don't even know where the Shoe Tree is! If at some point I need to call someone in for an exorcism or if I need something translated from stupid I will absolutely call upon you. For the time being stand at ease. If you keep this up I'm putting you on kitchen duty the entire time you're at your next Trikefest.

This is Trikefest, not Trikefest presented by Facebook. It existed long before Facebook came into play and it will be here indefinitely. You know one thing in common that most people who are obsessed with Facebook have? Many people who are obsessed with Facebook have no friends in real life. That's why they latch on to Facebook the way they do. This event is grass roots, down to earth, blood, sweat, and gears. It was created organically by true enthusiasts and as such has drawn just that, those who seek. If they're willing to look they have what it takes. If it's crammed in their face it becomes a commercial and that is not what we're after and very clearly not what we need.

Mickey, what is your obsession with Facebook being involved in Trikefest?What is your agenda that you're pushing so hard for? Please give me your reasons for seeing Facebook as a benefit to our rather quaint and humble event. Here is a con to get you started. Con- Facebook draws some people who have zero concept of the meaning of this event and in turn their actions have caused us liberties that took years for us to build. You yourself were able to take advantage of said liberties during your stay at Haspin, yet here you stand fighting for us to lose more. I'd like you to respond to this please.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by fabiodriven; 07-01-2016 at 12:34 PM.
    85 Tri-Zinger 60
    85 ATC250SX
    86 ATC250SX
    87 ATC250SX
    02 XR650L conversion
    84 ATC 480R

--
    Quote Originally Posted by Mickey Dunlap View Post
    Don't be telling me I can't say anything, I know just as much about this stuff as anyone else. In fact I have seen it more then most people because I'm older then most of you. If I look like a ass, then that's my problem, I don't worry about if people don't like what I say, I was just making a joke out of people saying it's a FaceBook problem, how stupid is that!

You really aren't contributing anything positive to this thread. We are trying to figure out a legitimate way to prevent this type of behavior in the future. You are just interested in "making a joke".

You are over looking the fact that this hasn't been a problem untill the group of kids that found out about trikefest on Facebook showed up to party and raise trouble. Alcohol has a major presence every year, but it hasn't been a major issue untill this year. No doubt in my mind that these kids came from Facebook. The forum members are more responsible than the new arrivals.
    my feedback thread http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthr...-hoosierlogger

TRIKEFEST 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16

Current rides
    Taurus 650 (green)
    85 250es big red
    83 ALT50 (5 year old daughters)
    82 ALT50
    82 ALT50
    84 atc 70 stroked big bore 90 STILL in progress.
    71 QA50
    93 TRX 300 FW

Ya'll are the biggest bunch of whining b!tches I've seen in my entire life.
    You might be strong as an ox, but without a cart you are just a big dumb animal.

fabiodriven is offline Aspiring romance novel cover model, and the Official 3WW slayer of thieves and swindlers. Catch me if you can
    --
    Greg I have all the proof we need and we're just getting started bud.

85 Tri-Zinger 60
    85 ATC250SX
    86 ATC250SX
    87 ATC250SX
    02 XR650L conversion
    84 ATC 480R

--
    I've been involved in the three wheeler scene since I was 9 yrs old in 81. I absolutely embrace this "second coming " or trike resurgence because finally I'm getting appreciated finally as a builder/racer, and to meet alot of fellow trike addicts,and some of my Dirt Wheels racer heroes from my childhood. I have not attended trikefest yet,but after hearing all this crazy stuff going on from fights,drugs,drinking,no helmets and riding, and destruction of property ,it sounds like history repeating itself from back in 87 when we lost this great sport /hobby. And then I see some of the 'elders' of this Web page bad mouthing a Legend who attended this event to help people fix trikes,and let the younger generation meet a pioneer of this sport, it makes me wonder if I even want to attend. After all, wasn't trikes and trike racing supposed to be about fun not fighting,and drama? I'm sure I will get crucified for my opinions, as always on here. But I couldn't go unheard this time..

--
    Where they came from isn't the issue at hand. This could be a Twitter exclusive event. As long as it's open invitation, word of mouth is enough to bring in a few bad eggs.

The altercations that occurred, no longer the problem (except the river incident). What Micky does or thinks, how he spends his time at trikefest, also irrelevant.

Look at the big picture rather than trying to solve personal issues.

Figure how how to take care of future situations similar to those which occurred, prevention, and consequences. That's what it's all about. If anything it's something that should occur between the people who put on the event and haspin staff. Anything beyond that is just suggestions and ideas. So leave all the BS behind and contribute by voicing your ideas.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by Madman Racing View Post
    I've been involved in the three wheeler scene since I was 9 yrs old in 81. I absolutely embrace this "second coming " or trike resurgence because finally I'm getting appreciated finally as a builder/racer, and to meet alot of fellow trike addicts,and some of my Dirt Wheels racer heroes from my childhood. I have not attended trikefest yet,but after hearing all this crazy stuff going on from fights,drugs,drinking,no helmets and riding, and destruction of property ,it sounds like history repeating itself from back in 87 when we lost this great sport /hobby.
    That is exactly what we are trying to prevent by trying to contain the "riff raff". We have never had a problem as big as it was this year.
    my feedback thread http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthr...-hoosierlogger

TRIKEFEST 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16

Current rides
    Taurus 650 (green)
    85 250es big red
    83 ALT50 (5 year old daughters)
    82 ALT50
    82 ALT50
    84 atc 70 stroked big bore 90 STILL in progress.
    71 QA50
    93 TRX 300 FW

Ya'll are the biggest bunch of whining b!tches I've seen in my entire life.
    You might be strong as an ox, but without a cart you are just a big dumb animal.

kiser is offline Just Too Addicted Arm chair racerJust too addicted
    --
    Any public event has or will have idiots like we had at TF this year. There really is nothing we can do about them coming but we can all as a group, police the event. A few of us spoke up to a kid that was riding around without a helmet. He didn't like it and I don't care. I spoke up at the fight during the herk and jerk. I told the kid that started it to go back to his camp. He was to loaded to really hear me so I told his buddies we didn't need that crap so get him out of here. They did and we continued. I guess what I'm saying is don't be shy or turn the other cheek. If nothing is done to correct a problem, the problem will always be there. Maybe face book did bring the undesirables in but we as a group can try to make the experience they have bad for them so hopefully they won't come back.

--

TF 2016: The good, the bad and the ugly.

Quote Originally Posted by Madman Racing View Post
    I've been involved in the three wheeler scene since I was 9 yrs old in 81. I absolutely embrace this "second coming " or trike resurgence because finally I'm getting appreciated finally as a builder/racer, and to meet alot of fellow trike addicts,and some of my Dirt Wheels racer heroes from my childhood. I have not attended trikefest yet,but after hearing all this crazy stuff going on from fights,drugs,drinking,no helmets and riding, and destruction of property ,it sounds like history repeating itself from back in 87 when we lost this great sport /hobby. And then I see some of the 'elders' of this Web page bad mouthing a Legend who attended this event to help people fix trikes,and let the younger generation meet a pioneer of this sport, it makes me wonder if I even want to attend. After all, wasn't trikes and trike racing supposed to be about fun not fighting,and drama? I'm sure I will get crucified for my opinions, as always on here. But I couldn't go unheard this time..
    OK Madman, you're right.

If I'm stepping on toes I'll drop it all right now. If none of my fellow veterans want to stand up and speak for me, because obviously my word doesn't matter as far as my own reputation goes, you won't have to worry about me saying anything else. I'm done with this image being portrayed upon me by this ego maniac and quite frankly it upsets my stomach every time someone fulfills the requirements of his ego. You guys like Mickey, that's great. I am very mobile, I like exploring. I can find someplace else to go.

If you are my friend please stand up. If I should stop I will drop everything and none of this is my concern.

85 Tri-Zinger 60
    85 ATC250SX
    86 ATC250SX
    87 ATC250SX
    02 XR650L conversion
    84 ATC 480R

--
    You guys tried to make it a FaceBook thing, and I called BS on it. I also made a joke, because IT IS A JOKE to think that was the problem.

But now you want to get to the bottom of it and you THINK you know everything and how to fix it, you don't have a clue because it's a SIN problem. We are all human, we all start out with the control of sin in our lives. You should have seen what us Team Honda and Kawasaki boys did in the 80's, this stuff is nothing! You can fix the human heart. Jeremiah 7:9 "The heart is deceitful above all things, and desperately wicked: who can know it?" We are all wicked, and until your heart is change you can only make man made rules to try and help the matter, but YOU CAN'T STOP IT. So get off you high horse and quit telling me I can't speak. I know more about how sin works because I lived longer in it and done things that I don't dare speak of. Only by the Grace of God I don't do those things anymore. I once was lost doing all the wicked things this world does so I know what I'm talking about, and I fully understand what the fix is, it Christ and only his work on the cross that can change the sinful heart. That's the bottom line, and there is no one that hasn't sinned, no not one!

--
    OK Madman, you're right.

If I'm stepping on toes I'll drop it all right now. If none of my fellow veterans want to stand up and speak for me, because obviously my word doesn't matter as far as my own reputation goes, you won't have to worry about me saying anything else. I'm done with this image being portrayed upon me by this ego maniac and quite frankly it upsets my stomach every time someone fulfills the requirements of his ego. You guys like Mickey, that's great. I am very mobile, I like exploring. I can find someplace else to go.

If you are my friend please stand up. If I should stop I will drop everything and none of this is my concern.

This is suppose to be about how to fix the problems that occurred at trikefest and how to prevent them from happening again. Not your BS with Micky. Did you read my post at all or skip right to your personal drama with him? Did Micky get in any altercations at trikefest? No. He was smiling just as much as anyone who was there chatting with him.

Am I pro mick? Call it what you want. Sorry mick, nobody wants to see preachings on 3ww though.

You're no better than him the way I see it. (Your claming seniority for trikefest, he's claiming seniority in age and experience) Your acting like a child. Waaaahhh, if you guys aren't with me then I'm out.
    .....no? You guys aren't backing me up?....well I'm out then! Screw you guys, I'm going home! [(Cartman voice*) so this is what it feels like to talk like glamy]

--
    Mickey - The way I read the original Facebook "mention" in this thread, is that these new "undesirables" heard about TF from Facebook, NOT 3WW. I would have to agree with that being a pretty reasonable explanation, although there is no real way of knowing how people find out about the event. I personally, as I'm sure the majority of us TF vets know / knew about TF because of 3WW, as Facebook was not mainstream when TF started. All speculation on my part, from making educated guesses. None of that is either here nor there. We have a people problem, and if we want TF to continue to be fun and sought after as it is for many, we must stand together not bicker amoungst ourselves.

Fabio - I am with you as I KNOW many of us other vets are. We need to stay on top of this issue so it does not get out of control (again), which by all accounts it did a few times this year. I personally look forward to TF every year as I get to be with "my people". I plan my vacation around TF like it is a family reunion, which it actually is, and not because of all the "Keisters" there either. I am all about getting to the root of the problem and making sure it is not repeated. If we need to bring pitch forks and torches and form a mob to confront a few bad apples, so be it. I, and I know in my heart most of you guys will rally to defeat.
    RIP - Yamahondaman!! You will never be forgotten!
    RIP - Sam Brehm!! Gone but NEVER forgotten!
    RIP - Sandpuppi101 - You will live on in my mind - I miss you friend!

--
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostv2 View Post
    This is suppose to be about how to fix the problems that occurred at trikefest and how to prevent them from happening again. Not your BS with Micky. Did you read my post at all or skip right to your personal drama with him? Did Micky get in any altercations at trikefest? No. He was smiling just as much as anyone who was there chatting with him.

Am I pro mick? Call it what you want. Sorry mick, nobody wants to see preachings on 3ww though.

You're no better than him the way I see it. (Your claming seniority for trikefest, he's claiming seniority in age and experience) Your acting like a child. Waaaahhh, if you guys aren't with me then I'm out.
    .....no? You guys aren't backing me up?....well I'm out then! Screw you guys, I'm going home! [(Cartman voice*) so this is what it feels like to talk like glamy]

I understand no one likes preaching anywhere, but that's what we are to do, and God has all the answers, so I'll go with the one with all the answers even though I don't always like His answers I know he is in control. No hard feeling here!

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //