--
    Oh Ok !..............................
    DO the Best With What you got !

My Feed back :cool

--
    Im trying to figure it out check it out on face book . look for monk cox

--
    Ol Deuce... Love your work!

I recently acquired a 1981 ATC 200 (not "s" - the big one). It came with a period correct suspension front end conversion, but of course, it is cheesy, and the forks leak, and it doesn't fit together very well, etc., etc, etc. I'd really like to go with something more OEM like 200x or 250r. My dilemma is that I don't know what steering stem was used in this conversion, and whether or not it would work for your conversion. I do, however, have a set of 185s forks in the boneyard. If I'm understanding correctly, it appears that I could follow the instructions in this thread to use the 185s steering stem along with your adapter, and it would then bolt right into the 200. Am I on the right track?

Then, do you have a recommendation as to what forks/triple clamps would be the best solution for the "big" 200? My preference would be to use 85/86 250R as I already have forks and brakes, but Craigslist and eBay are always there if another direction is more appropriate.

Thanks!
    Brian

--
    Brian you can use the '85-'86r stuff...if the neck hasn't been changed with the races your good to go!!! your 185s stem will get the job done !!!! I need to make a mod to the adapter to fit the lower clamp ..
    every thing else is the same !

--
    Quote Originally Posted by Ol Deuce View Post
    What are the forks on this bike Randy? Street bike of some sort? Fully suspended 110/125 is definitely in my future.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by DohcBikes View Post
    What are the forks on this bike Randy? Street bike of some sort? Fully suspended 110/125 is definitely in my future.
    Those forks are from a 1975 Elsinore MR175.......I used some .040 Aluminum for shim stock to fit to the 200x tree !

gimmeamidget is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    Very nice work Deuce!

--
    Yes he does nice work . my forks i used were from an 82 250r .looks really cool and works really good .i used tapered bearings on my build . im going to do this to my atc 200 in the near future .thats how well i think it works on my 185. Just a heads up if you dont want to cut your original stem off try to find a donor . check out pics at the start of this thread.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by 3wheelieo View Post
    Yes he does nice work . my forks i used were from an 82 250r .looks really cool and works really good .i used tapered bearings on my build . im going to do this to my atc 200 in the near future .thats how well i think it works on my 185. Just a heads up if you dont want to cut your original stem off try to find a donor . check out pics at the start of this thread.

--
    Help please help i cant figure out how to post them .i have pressed all the little picure things above this where you post . i need a teen ager to show me .

--
    Help please help i cant figure out how to post them .i have pressed all the little picure things above this where you post . i need a teen ager to show me .
    Are the pictures on your phone ???????? If you can text them to me I will post them for you

--
    This is a friend of Crazyktmmatt ! he put the R front on this 110 using the stem adapter!!! what a cool stance

--
    I do ol duece and i can do that . i got crazy money in this build .seems like im always needing that one piece to go a step farther .but i only need a front tire and about two days of being left alone to work on it .a large pile of parts will dissapear quick. I saw your 175 x build on here randy and i am inspired as heck to do that to my spare x chassis .im thinking big bore stroker 125 . 1 project at a time or ill never finish .lol spring though for sure

--
    I do ol duece and i can do that . i got crazy money in this build .seems like im always needing that one piece to go a step farther .but i only need a front tire and about two days of being left alone to work on it .a large pile of parts will dissapear quick. I saw your 175 x build on here randy and i am inspired as heck to do that to my spare x chassis .im thinking big bore stroker 125 . 1 project at a time or ill never finish .lol spring though for sure
    I just got a DURO 20x7R-8 man what a good looking front tire for my Joker Project!!!!

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //