//ArrowChat Code

Thread: But is it art?

--

But is it art?

Sold my baby a few years ago and still have sellers remorse over it. The idea was to sell it and eventually buy an adventure bike and join some friends on a trip from Mexico to Alaska which coincidentally they are making as I type this. The guy I sold the bike to was short on cash that day so I held all the track day plastics and spare parts for him. Not only did be not return for them, he re-plated the bike under my name the following year (another story for another day).

Back in the day I’d always kicked around the idea of a custom stand for the fairing as the thin fiberglass gets deformed in any other storage position. I was thinking a modified ironing board at the time that could also hold the street fairing when needed, but in the end nothing came of it.

I finaly decided it would be too hard to try and sell most of this stuff off down here and what I’d get for it would be a pittance of what it cost, so I ended up with what you see in the photos. I’d contemplated hanging it from the roof, but it’s high and I don’t have scaffold, or want to bring strangers into my home to install it, so I went for a side mount off the mezzanine. Zero lost work space and yet another reason to drink beer and ogle another piece of my past that someone else will have to deal with when I die I do have brake & clutch parts as well as a Power Commander and fuel pump for a K model if anyone is interested.

BTW Milner, sorry for not contacting you about the suspension settings on this one. For the first time in my life I felt qualified to set one up all by myself!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	003.JPG 
Views:	18 
Size:	1.73 MB 
ID:	233261Click image for larger version. 

Name:	004.JPG 
Views:	16 
Size:	1.78 MB 
ID:	233262Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Suzuki 003.JPG 
Views:	15 
Size:	1.46 MB 
ID:	233263Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Suzuki 005.JPG 
Views:	20 
Size:	2.01 MB 
ID:	233264Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Suzuki 006.jpg 
Views:	15 
Size:	1.88 MB 
ID:	233265Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Suzuki 007.JPG 
Views:	14 
Size:	1.61 MB 
ID:	233266Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Suzuki 045.JPG 
Views:	25 
Size:	128.5 KB 
ID:	233267Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Suzuki 043.JPG 
Views:	17 
Size:	1.66 MB 
ID:	233268Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Suzuki 039.JPG 
Views:	16 
Size:	1.67 MB 
ID:	233269Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Suzuki 050.JPG 
Views:	23 
Size:	1.79 MB 
ID:	233270
    It sucks to get old

--
    Really, really cool idea. Great job!

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //