//ArrowChat Code

Thread: nylatron swingger bushings

--

nylatron swingger bushings

Going to rework my 650ex swinger, and while I'm in there, I've decided to make some new bushings to replace the P.I.T.A. bearing and collar design, with bushings like I did for my 81r. except this time, instead of polyurethane, going to give nylatron a try. now the urethane has lasted through some pretty good abuse, but it cuts on the lathe terribly, so going to upgrade to nylatron, which seems to be some pretty stout material. there's three levels of this material, the first two grades are gs and gsm gs being the cheapest, but also the least load bearing of the 3. gsm has better load carrying capabilities, but is slightly more expensive and comes in weird sizes, which will require significant lathe time to make.

So has anyone ever used this stuff? how did it do? The third level of this stuff is nsm, which is self lubricating, but stupid money, so unless the first two levels of this are not worth using, I'm not even going to consider the third, as my original design, added grease delivery ports in the pivot bolt, to keep the bushings lubed which worked well. But was somewhat messy

RamsesRibb is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    Any update on this project?
    Previously known as HighFlying101 since 2003
    I changed my email and lost my password

Current: '85 Tri-Z , '83 250r , '86 Tecate, '80 ATC110
    Prior: '85 FTZ ATC350X, '85 Tri-Z, '85 ATC200X w/ Bassani exhaust, '83 Big Red, '81 ATC185S, '79 ATC110

http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/tpctrikes/

--
    Delrin (oil impregnated nylon), turns great on a lathe using HHS cutters with a very sharp tip.

I like UHMW as well; That's what kitchen cutting boards seem to be made of...
    All our government does is distract us while they steal from us, misspend our tax $ and ruin our country

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //