//ArrowChat Code
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: PA 250R mystery ATC

--
    Definitely a very neat trike. I wonder if the funky flange- mounted triple tree was someone's way of repairing a factory cut frame? A lot of machines got chopped when the ban went down. Maybe that machine was still owned by American Honda in 87?
    1985 Tri-Z 250
    1985 ATC250R

ATCT is offline Just Too Addicted Arm chair racerJust too addicted
    --
    Very cool. Have you tried contacting any of the Factory guys here on the forums?

Interesting that it appears to have the original Dunlop 81-82 tires on it.
    1984 Honda ATC250R

--
    Any more updates on this trike?
    Suicide Hill Survivor

The rides:
    1981 ATC110
    1982 ATC185
    1983 ATC185s
    1984 ATC200es
    1985 ATC200x

When the going gets tough, the tough get sideways

RamsesRibb is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    Just piecing together the info I've seen indicates that this is a preproduction test machine that was likely used in actual races events before the design was finalized. AHM Special Projects is the development and testing wing of American Honda Motors. This is in all likelihood a very rare machine and it was probably supposed to be cut up and crushed back in the day to keep it from competitors.
    Previously known as HighFlying101 since 2003
    I changed my email and lost my password

Current: '85 Tri-Z , '83 250r , '86 Tecate, '80 ATC110
    Prior: '85 FTZ ATC350X, '85 Tri-Z, '85 ATC200X w/ Bassani exhaust, '83 Big Red, '81 ATC185S, '79 ATC110

http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/tpctrikes/

--
    I have a set if rear fiberglass fenders for the air cooled 250r that are identical to yours. Can you take a pic without the seat, and the airbox lid?
    Keep on Triking!!!! "I am the NIGHT RIDER!!!"

RIP Ninja!

Feedback thread: http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthr...-for-thestud25

Trike Fest 2011, 2012 Vet!
    Founding member of the Haspin 6ft Bats Club!!

Trikes Currently Owned:
    87 Big Red 250es
    86 Kawasak KLT110. All documentation, bought from original owner.
    83 Honda 200s
    81 Honda Atc 70
    (4) Suzuki ALT 50's
    Yamaha YT 60

RamsesRibb is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    I was thinking about that neck and remember one of the old team Honda guys talking about interchangeable neck mounts. I wonder if there where alternate neck brackets made for that bike with different degrees of rake?
    Previously known as HighFlying101 since 2003
    I changed my email and lost my password

Current: '85 Tri-Z , '83 250r , '86 Tecate, '80 ATC110
    Prior: '85 FTZ ATC350X, '85 Tri-Z, '85 ATC200X w/ Bassani exhaust, '83 Big Red, '81 ATC185S, '79 ATC110

http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/tpctrikes/

--
    Hi guys. I'll get pics tomorrow and hopefully we can get this figured out.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by ATCT View Post
    Very cool. Have you tried contacting any of the Factory guys here on the forums?

Interesting that it appears to have the original Dunlop 81-82 tires on it.
    Did you try what he suggested? Emailing, calling, trying to get in contact with anyone that might know still. It's a real long shot, but maybe there's still some old timer behind the desk that seen that thing produced and tested through R&D.

The story behind the piece makes all the difference.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by thestud25 View Post
    I have a set if rear fiberglass fenders for the air cooled 250r that are identical to yours. Can you take a pic without the seat, and the airbox lid?
    Here are some pics. There is no air box. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_6916.jpg 
Views:	155 
Size:	1.82 MB 
ID:	234079Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_6917.jpg 
Views:	148 
Size:	2.11 MB 
ID:	234084

--
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostv2 View Post
    Did you try what he suggested? Emailing, calling, trying to get in contact with anyone that might know still. It's a real long shot, but maybe there's still some old timer behind the desk that seen that thing produced and tested through R&D.

The story behind the piece makes all the difference.
    I have not. I honestly would not know where to start. I'm hoping members here can help piece it together before I get ready to sell it.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by MCATVME View Post
    I have not. I honestly would not know where to start. I'm hoping members here can help piece it together before I get ready to sell it.
    Good luck, I hope someone finds out its story, then you can also get what it's worth as a piece of history. It's a special piece, I'd love to see it brought back to racing condition.

I also hope someone around me gets it, would love to see to see it back on the track for breezewood next year with TRUPA.

--
    Rear fender is 81 250r.The airbox snorkeled into the the rear fender threw the oval hole.
    250r rules

--
    Quote Originally Posted by atc300r View Post
    Rear fender is 81 250r.The airbox snorkeled into the the rear fender threw the oval hole.
    Who made them out of fiberglass back then?

--
    I sent some of the pics to Wess McCoy my old boss at Honda, but he hasn't talk to me since I showed up on the cover of Dirt Wheels last year with my Team Honda 200x, I don't think he like some of the stories I told of my days racing for him/ Honda. If he does get back to me I'll share what he says. I bet it's a pre production or R&D bike.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by Mickey Dunlap View Post
    I sent some of the pics to Wess McCoy my old boss at Honda, but he hasn't talk to me since I showed up on the cover of Dirt Wheels last year with my Team Honda 200x, I don't think he like some of the stories I told of my days racing for him/ Honda. If he does get back to me I'll share what he says. I bet it's a pre production or R&D bike.
    Sweet Mickey. Thanks for the help. Any body know how to price this thing for resale? I'm open to offers or suggestions.

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //