//ArrowChat Code

Thread: xr200r with 200x kicker gears?

--

xr200r with 200x kicker gears?

i have an 1982 xr200r with bad kicker gears and spring
    it also needs a cam chain and gears but i havent split it apart yet

im wondering if i can use 200x kicker gears that i have from parts engines and it will just make it a front directional kicker?
    or will it just not work?

thanks

--
    All three kicker gears have to be changed as a group. The one in the center of the clutch basket, the idler, and the one in the kick shaft. There are 3 different combinations of those gears, and they differ in tooth count as well as width. If you change from wide to narrow or vice versa, the main trans bearing behind the clutch basket must be changed too. The narrow gears call for a commonly available bearing, the wide ones use an odd, narrow, Honda specific bearing, still available for late model xr200's. This alone won't make it forward kick though. That is accomplished by using the 200x kick spindle, clutch cover, external gears (inside the clutch cover) and kick lever.
    1985 Tri-Z 250
    1985 ATC250R

--
    very detailed thanks alot for the reply! sounds like i will be sticking to buying a new set made for this bike just to keep it simple but ill know more when i split the engine down

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //