//ArrowChat Code
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: n e arkansas riding at byrds

jonolanracin is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    Heck rob says will be back he liked and thanks for the beer me and robs wlfe drank half it and we both got a nice buzz that was some stout beer . and glad you enjoyed the tri z ride and me so sorry it makes you want 1 lol let me know when you want 1 i can hook you up haha if only we could have seen a bear or 2 it would have been perfect i think the way the place is set up it be a good place to have a big group riding event

--
    I'm working on putting some routes together for another ride at Byrd's. I'd like to make at least a fifty mile route, with the possibility for a hundred, mostly on gravel roads.

If it was to be a quicker pace, I'd ride a bike, and if no one objected to an all day ride, I'd take the BR or 185S.

It'll be a couple months before I have the chance to ride it and get it all set. Oark store would be about the halfway point and a fuel stop, regardless of the distance.

Story about Oark store: http://www.arkansasonline.com/news/2...oark-20170212/

I stopped by there last weekend and the place was busy as usual.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	OarkCafe.jpg 
Views:	124 
Size:	1.43 MB 
ID:	239844
    The story of three wheels and a man...

--
    Sounds like a great time! I'd be interested in riding the next go around. Great story on the Ozark store!
    • 1985 Honda 250SX
    • 1985 Honda 350X
    • 1985 Honda 350X
    • 1986 Honda 250R

“I Love The 350x. It’s So Bad”

My Feedback Link!

--
    I'm going to try and make the Byrd's spring ATV rally. http://www.byrdsadventurecenter.com/...ide-rally.html

It's soon, but the BR is good(enough) to go, although it's ugly, slow, and it tends to smoke whenever it feels the need. I can't take a bike because the pace will be too slow, so the BR will have to do even if it won't be the best example of a trike.

At some point, I'd like camp at Mulberry Mountain and ride Mill Creek for a weekend. It's just down the road from Byrd's and has direct access to the Mill Creek trail complex. http://www.mulberrymountainlodge.com/
    https://www.fs.usda.gov/Internet/FSE...rdb5350135.pdf

--
    The Byrd's rally is a go for me. If anyone here manages to make it, I'll see you, or you'll see me there.

I'll be there Friday morning through Sunday.

--
    Pics please.

Sent from my Z958 using Tapatalk

--
    Quote Originally Posted by ATC King View Post
    The Byrd's rally is a go for me. If anyone here manages to make it, I'll see you, or you'll see me there.

I'll be there Friday morning through Sunday.
    I am going to try to make it if I can get things in line Chris.
    • 1985 Honda 250SX
    • 1985 Honda 350X
    • 1985 Honda 350X
    • 1986 Honda 250R

My Feedback Link!

--
    That'd be awesome, I hope you can make it.

This'll be the first time I've been to their ATV rally, and I imagine it's just going to be a slow cruzing weekend and just hanging around and relaxing. That's what I'm going to make of it anyway.

I've got a bunch of parts in for my BR to put on this weekend. Front and rear brake shoes and cables, most importantly. It's already got an HID headlight, so it'll be good for the night ride on Friday. I have some LED headlights to install on my truck too, so it's going to be a pretty busy weekend for me.

I'll be taking my truck, and sleeping in the camper shell. They have ice at the little store there, so it won't be a problem keeping food and drinks cold. There's also Turner Bend store 5-8 miles down the road in case something else is needed, like fuel (91 E0) http://turnerbend.com/store/.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by ironchop View Post
    Pics please.

Sent from my Z958 using Tapatalk
    I'll make a true effort to. I'm the kind of person who takes pictures through the windshield while traveling.

Here's one I got while replacing brakes on the BR this weekend.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P3050010.jpg 
Views:	100 
Size:	637.1 KB 
ID:	240479

At least the third time that has happened to my brakes. Different trikes and brand of shoes, they all seem to have a propensity for it, but replacing rear shoes on an 200ES is a PITA.

New air filter, front and rear brake shoes and cables, seat cover, rear brake side axle bearing and seal, front wheel bearings and seals, fresh oil, and it's still just as ugly as before, but it goes and is loaded for the weekend.

--
    Well things didn't work this time around for me with my ride being down. Let us know how it goes and what to expect next year.
    • 1985 Honda 250SX
    • 1985 Honda 350X
    • 1985 Honda 350X
    • 1986 Honda 250R

My Feedback Link!

--
    Alright.

I'm planning on going several times this year, but since it looked like I'd be able to make Byrd's annual rally it was impromptu anyway and just wanted to throw it out there in case anyone else could make it.

Anytime you think you'd like to get out this way, I can probably manage to make a weekend out of it. Like I also mentioned, I'd like to camp at Mulberry Mountain at least one weekend and ride the Mill Creek trails.

--
    I have only been to Mill Creek once but want to go back. It is only 2 hrs from me.

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using Tapatalk

--
    Any time you're able to go, post up and I may be able to ride with you.

It's less than an hour for me to get there.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by ATC King View Post
    Alright.

I'm planning on going several times this year, but since it looked like I'd be able to make Byrd's annual rally it was impromptu anyway and just wanted to throw it out there in case anyone else could make it.

Anytime you think you'd like to get out this way, I can probably manage to make a weekend out of it. Like I also mentioned, I'd like to camp at Mulberry Mountain at least one weekend and ride the Mill Creek trails.
    Ok that sounds good. I had a few things in the works when you posted up the byrds ride and I thought I would have things ready by then but I didn't. If it was a month away I'd be set to go. I'm definitely down for the Mulberry Mountain and Mill Creek trails. I'm on the lookout for a camper shell for my dodge.
    • 1985 Honda 250SX
    • 1985 Honda 350X
    • 1985 Honda 350X
    • 1986 Honda 250R

My Feedback Link!

--
    On the camper shell, the one piece of advice I'll give you is make sure you can get your trike in it if that's what you intend to do instead of pulling a trailer.

The taller ones, or at least the ones that the back glass hinges at the highest level make it much easier to load. I have to fold the bars down on my 200ES to get it in and an SX is even taller, so without a more interesting technique, I don't think one of those would fit in mine.

The shells that replace the tailgate with an actual door, and the entire back still lifts up for loading are pretty sweet.

Good luck on the search. It took me a couple years to find the proper one for my truck, as it's a vintage factory Ford shell and the only one that properly fits and looks right on it. I made a 400 mile round trip to get mine.

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //