//ArrowChat Code
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6

Thread: n e arkansas riding at byrds

--
    I'm just reminiscing, but I won't forget this...

Awesome weekend and group of people. I rode that Tri-Z like I owned it, and not a word was said.

I would love to get a small group of trike riders together for a weekend. I'm looking at moving again (work) and probably won't be back in Arkansas for a while.
    Last edited by ATC King; 10-19-2020 at 10:03 PM.
    The story of three wheels and a man...

patriot1 is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    King:

I hate to see you are moving before I get to ride with you. My son (15 years old) are going to Fairfield bay tomorrow if weather permits.? I chose there because the trails will be easy enough for him on his four wheeler and I need to test my 250R. I might also take my X just because it needs to be ridden. I am sure that he will pull both of them back to the trailer at some point. lol It'll be good for us because we haven't done any father/son stuff in awhile.

I have spent most of my spare time trying to build something worthy of riding and selling a few along the way to fund my keepers, now it's time to go enjoy a little.

Where are you moving to?

--
    No idea at this point. I've had some applications go through, one interview, but still haven't heard anything.

This late in the year, I wouldn't start any of the jobs until January, with all the holidays coming up. Just going to relax and ride out 2020 now.

Y'all have fun. This cooler weather is great for riding.

jonolanracin is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    That was a great time and place to ride. Plus the homemade beer you brought was awesome. Luckily i still have all 3 of them trikes lol.

jonolanracin is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    Quote Originally Posted by ATC King View Post
    I'm just reminiscing, but I won't forget this...

Awesome weekend and group of people. I rode that Tri-Z like I owned it, and not a word was said.

I would love to get a small group of trike riders together for a weekend. I'm looking at moving again (work) and probably won't be back in Arkansas for a while.
    You didnt ride that z near as hard as i do lol

--
    Good to hear!

I think that was beer from Fossil Cove. They're a pretty well established craft brewery in Fayetteville, right next to one of those shady strip joints, with bars on the windows; The Bottoms Up Club.

--
    I forgot to mention the last ATV rally they had, incorporated a poker run style of night ride.

Style as in, they didn't record everyone's hand, so there were people using multiple hands to put together whatever they could. For a loner like me, than meant a snowballs chance of wining. Not an actual poker run, but it spaced everyone out more and kept things moving. That was their goal, and they said as much at the start.

It was fun and that's all I cared about. I certainly enjoyed the quicker pace and sucking less dust.

--
    Great pics. Looks like a good time. I don't know how I missed the posts in this thread since September

So the white BR is the old camo gas tank, black front fender trike that you were riding when we went riding last? (2015 I think).... Either way, looks really nice fixed up.

I've got a crush on my sister-in-laws 84 Big Red. I'd love to cam it for a little more torque, but I'm pretty impressed with its capabilities as it is. She won't sell it to me. I've tried haha.

Are you just moving because you're tired of Arkansas, cuz that state is awesome as long as you aren't trying to get rich. Plus it's the home of Nick Shoulders... And who doesn't like Nick Shoulders and his mullet?

If I had my way, I'd get the wife to move near the Ozarks.

One of these days, I'd like to go on a Byrd's ride. Spare time is in short supply these days.

Sent from my Z958 using Tapatalk

--
    Quote Originally Posted by ironchop View Post
    Great pics. Looks like a good time. I don't know how I missed the posts in this thread since September

So the white BR is the old camo gas tank, black front fender trike that you were riding when we went riding last? (2015 I think).... Either way, looks really nice fixed up.
    Yeah, same one. Thanks! Same tired engine though. Guess I went for form over function, but those rear fiberglass fenders were on sale, so I had to make the rest match. That was before Maier started selling new ones.

It's very probable, that front fender is still in the mud somewhere at Haspin. It rained, I rode, the fender disappeared.

Quote Originally Posted by ironchop View Post
    Are you just moving because you're tired of Arkansas, cuz that state is awesome as long as you aren't trying to get rich. Plus it's the home of Nick Shoulders... And who doesn't like Nick Shoulders and his mullet?
    head, Shoulders, knees and toes. Maybe a future album name?

I love Arkansas and don't want to move. It's all about work. If I could get a good paying job that had great coworkers, it wouldn't be so hard, but a lot of good paying jobs around here have workers who don't understand how well they have it made and are pretty lazy because of it. It's typically the ones who fell into a good job at an early age, before having a bunch of crappy ones. They're usually the older hands who've made a niche for themselves and their lazy habits, with a status quo system firmly in place. High turnover rates should be a red flag. It's too stressful having to work with lazy coworkers, so I work lower paying jobs that I like, even if my work partners are lackluster. That means government work, and travel. It also means I'm working seasonal jobs, so if the place is a shitshow, I'm not stuck trying to swim up a brown river.

One job in the near past, had mountain hiking trails right outside the complex. That's how I spent my lunch time, because I didn't want to hear the same man gossip every day, or be in a testosterone knitting circle. That mid day trail hike made the day go by so much better, and that was literally my job, working on the trails. They made us come back in for lunch though, which I thought was stupid and a waste of tax dollars for the time to drive back, and back again.

I also like to be close enough to work I can ride a bicycle, or walk if absolutely need be. I've managed to get jobs in most places I can do that. Cycling to work is like drinking a whole pot of coffee. I'm there and ready to go, the day starts of great for me. Sometimes I've had a nice little place to stop halfway and just listen at watch things before sunrise, maybe even eat a little breakfast. After work, I can take the long way home, over a mountain or through town and neighborhood streets new to me. I've worked in places where I can do both. Some had mountain bike trails within a couple miles of work, so I could ride my mountain bike to work, then hit the trails afterwards, before riding home.

Maybe the trend here is, I don't like a sedate life. There's nothing happy about getting fat and old if that's because of inactivity. I'm fat because I drink too much beer, I'm getting older because I'm a moving target, and that's the way I like it.
    Last edited by ATC King; 12-11-2020 at 09:39 PM.

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //