//ArrowChat Code
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: 86 250r Vintage Privateer Build

--
    Can't wait to see this thing!

--
    Out with the old, and in with the vintage cool!

--
    Taper bored 86 CR250 PJ 38MM with 86 CR250 reed cage.

--
    This is depressing, the Hoosier is too fat for the 250r and won't fit between the forks. Looks like it would be right at home on a first gen Tecate, but not the R. Looks like the oem front is going back on. I hate changing 250r front tires, what a pain in the asse!

--
    you still have the front hoosier from the X I gave you? That should fit.
    Feedback for yaegerb: Click Here

Need something blasted or polished or both? Send me a PM

--
    Quote Originally Posted by yaegerb View Post
    you still have the front hoosier from the X I gave you? That should fit.
    I don't. It wouldn't be correct for this build anyway.

xrider is offline Got The Holeshot Arm chair racerJust too addicted
    --
    Is that the one I sent you?

--
    Did you try inflating it more?
    Looking for a Bassani silencer for a 2nd gen tecate, the style with the movable mount. 1st gen will work

--
    Quote Originally Posted by 86T3 View Post
    Did you try inflating it more?
    I did, it didn't make a difference.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by xrider View Post
    Is that the one I sent you?
    No, this is one I got from 86T3. Looks like a good excuse to buy a first gen Tecate again.

--
    Close your eyes and imagine the year is 1985 and you've won the first heat...

You're due up to the line in 15 minutes where Mickey Dunlop and some hot shot guy named Barnett (famous at the time for being the only racer with a pocket protector sewn into his jersey) that Kawasaki flew in at the last minute are waiting to be spanked, but you blew out a side wall on your front tire when you landed the last triple and the only replacement available is a Hoosier that rubs the forks.

As you desperately search the pits for a suitable replacement you spot a 7" grinder unattended near a power cord that will reach to your forks... What would the forks on a period correct trike from that moment in history look like today?

Seriously, does it have a tube in it? If not you might try one. It might push the tire up more than across, at least they do on dirt bike tires VS Tubliss systems.
    It sucks to get old

jonolanracin is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    Greatest post ever
    Quote Originally Posted by El Camexican View Post
    Close your eyes and imagine the year is 1985 and you've won the first heat...

You're due up to the line in 15 minutes where Mickey Dunlop and some hot shot guy named Barnett (famous at the time for being the only racer with a pocket protector sewn into his jersey) that Kawasaki flew in at the last minute are waiting to be spanked, but you blew out a side wall on your front tire when you landed the last triple and the only replacement available is a Hoosier that rubs the forks.

As you desperately search the pits for a suitable replacement you spot a 7" grinder unattended near a power cord that will reach to your forks... What would the forks on a period correct trike from that moment in history look like today?

Seriously, does it have a tube in it? If not you might try one. It might push the tire up more than across, at least they do on dirt bike tires VS Tubliss systems.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by jonolanracin View Post
    Greatest post ever
    Lol....This is second to his bubbles per minute post. Still f'ing hilarious!
    Feedback for yaegerb: Click Here

Need something blasted or polished or both? Send me a PM

--
    Nope, you're all wrong,,,y pants chinese guy at the airport. I didn't think that hoosier was going in there ,but whatdo i know . She looks a lil cracked to be trying to persuade with a tube,,or even mounting for that matter. You have a work of art no matter what sneakers on the front.
    Please help those who cannot help themselves.

ALWAYS buying Museum quality machines,3 and 4 wheels. And any and ALL ,NOS parts,EVERY brand.

I am turning my PM's Off,my Email is billsracing@hotmail.com,put 3WW in the subject. Thanx!

Gun laws do not stop criminals. BULLETS do.

jonolanracin is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    I guess i miss the bubbles post whete is it i need a good laugh
    Quote Originally Posted by yaegerb View Post
    Lol....This is second to his bubbles per minute post. Still f'ing hilarious!

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //