//ArrowChat Code
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: 86 250r Vintage Privateer Build

--

86 250r Vintage Privateer Build

I'm sure most on here are tired of me talking about how I'm going to retire my bike to a display piece, but this will be it's transformation from current racing condition to what a period correct racer would have most likely looked like back in the day and how it will be displayed in my garage. And honestly, probably the last post I'll have dedicated solely to it, because I don't really see it changing any in the future.

For some of the newer members who have just joined here is a little bit of the back story on this bike. My father purchased this bike in 1989 from the original owner. It might have had 5 hours on it at the most. It served the family well as a trail bike and sand drag racer for many years. My father passed in 2007 and in his honor, I decided to try a 100 percent oem restoration, but soon realized I didn't have the coin or patience for that. So i did the next best thing, build a flat track racer. The build can be seen and read in this thread:
    http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthread.php?t=133323

This is how the bike currently sits :

The engine is a ESR Pro-x 310, with 39pwk carb, and Paul Turner Hi-Rev pipe and silencer that will soon be changed to a Rob Selvy prepped oem cylinder and a taper bored 38mm pj carb and full Bassani exhaust.

The stock swingarm will be swapped out for what I think is a -1 JP Racing swingarm.

The front oem tire and rear h-tracs will be replaced with front and rear Hoosier Tri Trac's (I don't currently have a pic of the rears)

I've got a few irons in the fire right now, but I hope to peck away at it a little at a time when I have the chance. I still need to hunt down a set of oem short track shrouds and a finishline or old durablue axle.

Stay tuned!

atc12 is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerFirst time rider
    --
    Looks sweet as it sits now and I can't wait to see it when its done.

--
    I've definitely got a good foundation to start with. Thank you

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

--
    Your dad would be proud - he is looking down and smiling.

Keep up the good work.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by bkvette3 View Post
    Your dad would be proud - he is looking down and smiling.

Keep up the good work.
    Thank you very much for those words!

--
    Very nice, the liquid R is such a timeless machine, looks great in any format!
    1980 ATC 70 Needs Restoration
    1985 ATC 250es Fully Refurbed
    1986 ATC 350x Mint Original

--
    Sweet build, both of them!

--
    Any chance you would not mind posting a picture of the Bassani heat shield? I have an R pipe with non-stock heat shield that I wondered if it was just an aftermarket heat shield. The pipe is stock and has HB9 stamped on it.
    nstyle73

"When in doubt, wind it out"

Feedback: http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthr...k-for-nstyle73

--
    Quote Originally Posted by nstyle73 View Post
    Any chance you would not mind posting a picture of the Bassani heat shield? I have an R pipe with non-stock heat shield that I wondered if it was just an aftermarket heat shield. The pipe is stock and has HB9 stamped on it.

--
    This is an awsome build. Love the oldschool parts you have for this build.These Bassani pipes are huge.Is yours squarish near the stinger where it goes above the kick start .
    250r rules

--
    Quote Originally Posted by atc300r View Post
    This is an awsome build. Love the oldschool parts you have for this build.These Bassani pipes are huge.Is yours squarish near the stinger where it goes above the kick start .
    Thanks man. It looks kinda square because of the "messaging" from the Bassani factory in that area. Both my pipes were dented in the exact same spots to clear various parts of the bike, but what was kinda cool is the dents were never exactly the same size. You can tell each one was wacked a little harder or softer by whom ever was making them that day.

This pipe is actually much smaller than my Paul Turner Hi-Rev that it is replacing.

--
    That explains alot.I thought someone ed it to fit something it wasnt ment to fit.The silencers are long and look like they are made for a 4 stroke lol.
    250r rules

--
    No, there's a lot of marks on these pipes. I'm thinking once this one is cleaned up, I might sell it and hold out for a hand coned pipe.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

--
    Tim Keister took the Selvy pipe off his 250r, not sure if it's for sale or not but worth a pm
    Looking for a Bassani silencer for a 2nd gen tecate, the style with the movable mount. 1st gen will work

--
    Quote Originally Posted by 86T3 View Post
    Tim Keister took the Selvy pipe off his 250r, not sure if it's for sale or not but worth a pm
    Thank you sir. I just sent him a PM.

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //