//ArrowChat Code

Thread: Man hole cover locations ???

--

Man hole cover locations ???

Why in the heck do they put manhole covers IN the road,,,, 99.9% of the time right IN the area of the road that is guaranteed to get drove over ???
    Plenty of "right a way" other then the road. Dam bumpy things ,,,, put them under the side walks or grass in-between road + side walk,,,,,

--
    Great question John, I have asked myself the same one many times. All I can think of is that it is a conspiracy between the tire and the shock absorber manufactures and the city planners. What pisses me off even more is that someone can't come up with an easy method of adjusting the height of these manhole covers so they can be adjusted after the pavement has been resurfaced instead of leaving a 3 inch ridge for us to bend our rims on.
    It sucks to get old

--
    Exactly! I was thinking about this today as I was out ripping around in the Z. If they have to put them out in the lanes, why can't they at least put them in the middle of the lane, so that they can be straddled?
    Red Rider's Sand Machine Updated 07/23/14

--
    Quote Originally Posted by El Camexican View Post
    Great question John, I have asked myself the same one many times. All I can think of is that it is a conspiracy between the tire and the shock absorber manufactures and the city planners. What pisses me off even more is that someone can't come up with an easy method of adjusting the height of these manhole covers so they can be adjusted after the pavement has been resurfaced instead of leaving a 3 inch ridge for us to bend our rims on.
    Great, I'm not the only person in the world who thinks this. They have the big speed bumps in the middle of the road to slow down traffic in residential areas. But the speed sign tells you to go over them at 20 mph. It's all one big racquet.
    "Roll on 3"

RIP Ol' Deuce

"Long Live the ATC"
    Building: ATCr125x
    Riding: ATC200sx
    "I am not a mechanic, mechanics get paid for this. I do it because I enjoy it."

--
    We don't have this problem over here but why can't someone come up with a big threaded manhole insert that can be adjusted when the road surface height changes. Something like a height adjustable shower floor grate system.

Scootertrash is offline Just Too Addicted: Protecting Our Community The day begins with 3WW
    --
    The do have concrete and cast iron rings they use to adjust the height of the manholes. I think they're just too lazy and/or cheap to use them all the time.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	manhole rings 2.jpg 
Views:	7 
Size:	8.5 KB 
ID:	233601 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	manhole rings.jpg 
Views:	7 
Size:	34.1 KB 
ID:	233602
    Quote Originally Posted by fabiodriven View Post
    Trick the people into thinking they're enacting their own will and you have willing slaves.

Liberalism suspends the intellect of its victims, while at the same time tricking them into believing that they're smarter than everyone else.

If we've done business together, please leave me feedback. Thank You!:

http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthr...t=Scootertrash

--
    Might be old news, but up here, the sewers run in the middle of the road so that rain water runs away from the manhole covers and doesn't over tax the sewage system when it pours. The centre road position allows for easy access for maintenance and such with no obstructions; and offers a solid base for heavy vac trucks and such. In the event of a repair they don't have dig dig up Aunt Martha's prize rosebushes since it's already City property (the road) so needing permission to dig isn't required.

I hate them too since frost wreaks havoc with them every year.
    Last edited by coolpool; 07-28-2016 at 10:58 AM.
    Trikes
    1970/71 US 90 (Aquarius Blue)
    1970/71 US 90 (Future Project)
    1972/73 US 90 Camo Project (110 Big Bore)
    1972/73 US 90 Green
    1977 ATC 90 w/83 110 motor (Fugly)
    1982 ATC 70
    1983 ATC 70 (Ladybug)
    1973 ATC 70

1965 Marketeer 3 Wheel Golf Cart with 1986 Honda 250 drivetrain

TF 2015

Other
    1983 Honda Z50
    1978 Honda XL75

Feedback http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthr...ck-for-coopool
    http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthr...k-for-coolpool

tripledog is offline I could be geriatricdog... at my age Got the holeshot
    --
    Keep your stick on the ice, but always remember to cover your manhole.

--
    I'm surprised that no one has demanded that the name be changed to "person-holes" given the current PC revolution.
    It sucks to get old

--
    Quote Originally Posted by El Camexican View Post
    I'm surprised that no one has demanded that the name be changed to "person-holes" given the current PC revolution.
    Ok.......I will officially demand they be called "person hole covers". If not...then ACLU.

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //