//ArrowChat Code

Thread: old gas in a new car.. anyone do it?

--

old gas in a new car.. anyone do it?

So I drained the gas out of my new project with a new fuel filter in the drain line. I've never seen gas so bad. damn near black / brownish about 2 gallons worth, amazing the damn thing ran on it to be honest.. anyways, need my gas can back for our riding trip next week. everyone says its fine to burn off a gallon or two with a tank full of fresh gas. but its a 400 mile road trip, and I don't wanna fup my car as its one of those grand designed fuel systems with a filter in the tank.. so other than burning it, any other good ways to dispose of it?

tripledog is offline I could be geriatricdog... at my age Got the holeshot
    --
    Quote Originally Posted by OldNo437 View Post
    So I drained the gas out of my new project with a new fuel filter in the drain line. I've never seen gas so bad. damn near black / brownish about 2 gallons worth, amazing the damn thing ran on it to be honest.. anyways, need my gas can back for our riding trip next week. everyone says its fine to burn off a gallon or two with a tank full of fresh gas. but its a 400 mile road trip, and I don't wanna fup my car as its one of those grand designed fuel systems with a filter in the tank.. so other than burning it, any other good ways to dispose of it?
    Maybe a garage or shop nearby that has a waste oil furnace?

Scootertrash is offline Just Too Addicted: Protecting Our Community The day begins with 3WW
    --
    I've run old gas thru some of my vehicles, but nothing as nasty as what the stuff you have sounds like.

I vote bonfire with burgers brats and smores. After the gas has burned off of course

ETA:

This IS NOT the proper way to light a bonfire!!!

Last edited by Scootertrash; 07-24-2016 at 12:37 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by fabiodriven View Post
    Trick the people into thinking they're enacting their own will and you have willing slaves.

Liberalism suspends the intellect of its victims, while at the same time tricking them into believing that they're smarter than everyone else.

If we've done business together, please leave me feedback. Thank You!:

http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthr...t=Scootertrash

--
    at worst I'm going to pour it into two gallon jugs and wait for hazardous waste day in 2 months, but I would rather get rid of it sooner than that... I work for an autoparts store, so I could just start calling my shops and ask them... and we have to pay extra if our waste oil tank is contaminated with fuel. so no I'm not dumping it in there lol.... and no on the bonfire... with my luck I would end up like that guy...

Scootertrash is offline Just Too Addicted: Protecting Our Community The day begins with 3WW
    --
    Your eyebrows will grow back........
    Quote Originally Posted by fabiodriven View Post
    Trick the people into thinking they're enacting their own will and you have willing slaves.

Liberalism suspends the intellect of its victims, while at the same time tricking them into believing that they're smarter than everyone else.

If we've done business together, please leave me feedback. Thank You!:

http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthr...t=Scootertrash

--
    Everybody knows after you pour more than a gallon of gas on a fire you need roman candles to light it

Common sense, and safety first!
    Suicide Hill Survivor

The rides:
    1981 ATC110
    1982 ATC185
    1983 ATC185s
    1984 ATC200es
    1985 ATC200x

When the going gets tough, the tough get sideways

--
    I usually try to give it away to someone with an older vehicle, but when it gets too nasty I put it in a metal bucket and burn it off.

I'd really love to take it back to the gas station an return it!
    It sucks to get old

--
    Quote Originally Posted by Scootertrash View Post
    I've run old gas thru some of my vehicles, but nothing as nasty as what the stuff you have sounds like.

I vote bonfire with burgers brats and smores. After the gas has burned off of course

ETA:

This IS NOT the proper way to light a bonfire!!!

Hey Scooter! Next time you do something like that tell your buddy to keep his finger off the camera lens!
    It sucks to get old

tripledog is offline I could be geriatricdog... at my age Got the holeshot
    --
    Quote Originally Posted by Scootertrash View Post
    Your eyebrows will grow back........
    But in the meantime he will have to shampoo with Head and Smolders.

--
    I drove my brand new Jeep Wrangler to Cabo San Lucas in 1999. Somewhere between Tijuana & Cabo I found myself running on fumes... I came upon a dirty old shack with an even dirtier old mexican that saved me from being stranded.

He had a rusty 55 gallon drum with what almost smelled like gasoline so I bought 5 gallons. It was the nastiest looking fuel ever but I put it in my new Wrangler and made it to the next gas station just fine.

By just fine meaning every kid at the gas station climbing/scratching the paint on the hood of my new Jeep to clean bugs off.... Old gas burns just fine in any car!

--
    Quote Originally Posted by 3 Wheel Drive View Post
    every kid at the gas station climbing/scratching the paint on the hood of my new Jeep to clean bugs off!
    Don't you just love when they do that? I've had hoods dented that way.
    It sucks to get old

--
    Quote Originally Posted by OldNo437 View Post
    so other than burning it, any other good ways to dispose of it?
    Dump it on the ground.

--
    I agree with Damon. If you have a stone driveway spread it on that. It will evaporate pretty quickly. Or dump it on some weeds you want killed. I absolutely wouldn't run it in anything though
    Looking for a Bassani silencer for a 2nd gen tecate, the style with the movable mount. 1st gen will work

--
    call fire dept.
    they'll prob say to let it evaporate, like they suggest with old paint.

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //