//ArrowChat Code

Thread: What's a 1973 atc 70 oem gas tank with decals worth??? Plz advise!!!!!!!

--

What's a 1973 atc 70 oem gas tank with decals worth??? Plz advise!!!!!!!

don't have pics right now but tanks in pretty decent shape for the year. Has oem decals. Can't find any info? Thx in advance!

gimmeamidget is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    If it's clean inside and not rusted out it is worth over 100 and if no dents and paint is good much more than that. Most are rusted out and leak.

--
    Thx for reply! Have you seen any on here forsale? If so can you tell me approx high/low price depending on condition. Thx

gimmeamidget is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    You can check on eBay to get an idea. I have not seen any tanks for sale on here. There was a guy selling complete bike for a good price a few months ago but a long way away from me.

--
    Ya I checked all over and can't find a 73 forsale anywhere.

--
    Anyone else?

--
    Anyone else?

--
    Mike one just listed on eBay for $150 if you want to compare yours. The eBay tank was rusted through and it was soldered and creamed. It's hard to find a rust free tank and they are worth more.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by gimmeamidget View Post
    Mike one just listed on eBay for $150 if you want to compare yours. The eBay tank was rusted through and it was soldered and creamed. It's hard to find a rust free tank and they are worth more.
    Thx for the info! Just looked at it and mines in better shape with no repairs. My stickers are better also. I picked up the whole atc which is a 1974 with 73 tank. Appears to be all original except for rear fenders. It was in someone's basement for many many years! Wonder how much whole atc is worth as I'm thinking of selling it?

--
    The hardest parts to find for me were the heel guards, the bottom skid plate and the rear exhaust cover. If they are on the bike it is worth more. I would bet you would make a lot more parting it out over selling it complete.

--
    Ya where I live you never see one this old. There always in the 80's. I'm 41 and been riding since I was 12. I've Owned/bought/sold many many atc's/atv's/dirt bikes/Mini's etc . This is first one I've come across or seen this old. Mine is missing the heel guards . It has the rear exhaust cover. I'll have to look for the skid plate ? Just got it and been busy. Your probably right about parting it out. Do you know if a 74 motor ( verified that by serial #) is worth more? I know they are 3 speed vs later model 4 speeds.

--
    For a good restore you need matching 74 numbers for frame and vin. All the parts are worth whatever someone is willing to pay. The last pair of heel guards I saw on eBay went for around $250. That's rediculous but someone needed them bad. If someone's looking for a 74 motor they may pay a bit more but some of the later models were also 3 speed.

--
    Appreciate the great info! I'll have to do some thinking on what I want to do.

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //