//ArrowChat Code
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Lyme disease

RamsesRibb is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    Man, I wish you the best of luck with your ordeal. Just keep your head up and push on.
    Previously known as HighFlying101 since 2003
    I changed my email and lost my password

Current: '85 Tri-Z , '83 250r , '86 Tecate, '80 ATC110
    Prior: '85 FTZ ATC350X, '85 Tri-Z, '85 ATC200X w/ Bassani exhaust, '83 Big Red, '81 ATC185S, '79 ATC110

http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/tpctrikes/

fabiodriven is offline Aspiring romance novel cover model, and the Official 3WW slayer of thieves and swindlers. Catch me if you can
    --
    Well looky looky...

http://www.theimpactnetwork.org/lyme-disease/

Over a year in and I just find this now?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    85 Tri-Zinger 60
    85 ATC250SX
    86 ATC250SX
    87 ATC250SX
    02 XR650L conversion
    84 ATC 480R

fabiodriven is offline Aspiring romance novel cover model, and the Official 3WW slayer of thieves and swindlers. Catch me if you can
    --
    It's been roughly three weeks since I started seeing the holistic doctor. Seven days ago I felt drastically improved. Six days ago was even better and the subsequent days progressed as such. After taking it easy as I was used to all day Saturday, I decided that evening that the following day I was going to push it. I didn't feel sick at all. I'm sure I've mentioned how important it is that people with Lyme stay out of the sun at all times. The doctor doesn't have to tell you that, your body does a fine job of doing so if you try. Your eye sight gets overwhelmed as if you're being snow-blinded, when the sun shines off the fresh snow. Your skin burns almost as soon as you get in the direct sunlight and it behooves any Lyme patient to avoid the sun. Well Sunday was extremely hot here, by far the hottest day we've had this year. It was right up around 100 degrees. First thing I did that day in the morning was jump on my Buell donned only with a helmet, riding gloves, sneakers, and shorts. No shirt in the direct sun light riding an air-cooled wheeled people grill. I was being broasted from above and below with scorching heat, and I rode to the beach where I soaked up some more sunlight and enjoyed myself for as long as my little heart desired. I then rode off the Cape and back to my buddy's house on the main land where we hung out at his pool until the sun went down. After that we went out to eat. So obviously my appetite has been great still and the massive social anxiety that comes along with this ailment are taken care of as well, at this point. That's pushing it far beyond the limit for me. I was so incapacitated before, bedridden. I couldn't do ANYTHING many days. So that was pushing the throttle to the boards and keeping it there for the day. The results were A+ across the board.

Seven great days in a row is absolutely OUTSTANDING and I am cautiously optimistic and nervous to acknowledge how well I am indeed doing. A week is huge to me, but in the big picture that is a drop in the bucket. When I can revisit this thread next year and say the same thing then that will be something. The doctor and I were discussing a blood test when he's done to see if Lyme is still in my system. Internet banter says it would still show up but there's no proof one way or the other. When he's done, provided I feel as though it's completely gone, I will go to the VA and get tested again. If it is indeed gone this would be an absolutely MASSIVE finding. Either way, I am extremely impressed with how this has gone to this point. He treats everything specifically using a few different approaches and everything he's treated has been fixed with exception of a couple things which I am confident we'll figure out. It hasn't even been long at all so I'm happy with the pace.

Anyone who is reading this please realize that I have only seven consecutive days in this extremely improved condition and I wish I had a year under my belt to give you all, but this past Sunday really showed me something. If I were to improve as the weather were cooling off I would be worried about it returning when it got hot again which is what happened to me last time. Lyme can lay dormant as we know. I am taunting it by doing things such as a stupid hot beach day on a heat gun with wheels intentionally and cheating just slightly on my diet. I want to see what it has and if it has any fight left in it I hope it's planning on growing legs. As of yet it appears as all systems go. I will keep you all apprised I suppose. This is something really, really big if it continues in this direction. This is an "incurable" disease with literally zero support from the medical community, which is fine. They should stay the frig out of it as far as I'm concerned, however there are people who are consumed by this for years of torture until they die having led a miserable existence from the time they were bit. As I said, this is early for me, but I might suggest anyone who knows anyone, please even if you don't know them that well, I'd suggest people keep an eye on my progress. I aimed to beat this which any doctor will tell you is impossible, and my aim seems true. There is little doubt I will triumph here and I'd like to extend my hand to anyone who wants to jump off that terrible ride.
    85 Tri-Zinger 60
    85 ATC250SX
    86 ATC250SX
    87 ATC250SX
    02 XR650L conversion
    84 ATC 480R

--
    I like to think of diagnosed medical conditions as schrodinger's cat.

If you go looking into the box, and see the cat dead, then maybe you got sick just because you looked.

For this reason, I'd accept the presence of no symptoms as the all clear. No reason to open the box.

Not to mention, traditional doctors have a way of wanting the cat to be dead. It's what keeps them in business.

Whatever it is you and him are doing, keep doing it. Here's to hoping this is the beginning of a good long term report!

--

Lyme disease

I wanted to say that some people from the site here have reached out to help me and for this I am truly grateful. I didn't feel I deserved anything and I was extremely hesitant to accept, however my bills were coming at me quick in the short time I was faltering. Being aware of the fate of most chronic Lyme sufferers I was prepared for the worst, and it's been a real gauge as to how quickly things can get out of hand. The doctor isn't free either. In my thinking, accepting help was more acknowledgement of a situation I refuse to accept. So I continued along and put it on the back burner, but it got to a point where I was going to be rude not to accept the graciousness and effort of these people. Some of them I know and care for dearly already, and others I'm sure are cut from the same cloth as we tend to be. Take a bow if you choose or just wink when nobody is looking. Either way thank you all so much!

This whole endeavor, this disease, the treatment, and what's happening now, this is all supposed to be happening. Something is going to come of this.
    Last edited by fabiodriven; 08-22-2016 at 07:44 AM.
    85 Tri-Zinger 60
    85 ATC250SX
    86 ATC250SX
    87 ATC250SX
    02 XR650L conversion
    84 ATC 480R

--
    Sounds like you found what works for your body and that's great! The crazy thing about Lyme is that symptoms vary so widely from person to person…and their responsiveness to treatment varies equally. Best of luck my friend.

On a somewhat related note, I have had a flock of free-range guineas this year and [along with spraying permethrin 3x per yr] I have seen a HUGE reduction in ticks on my property. In fact, I have found 1 wood tick since then and that's it (whereas when I first moved in a buddy of mine found 13 on him after a brief walk through the field). I also keep the lawn short and the brush trimmed back. Anybody doing anything similar?
    Ragin' full on...

--

Lyme disease

Quote Originally Posted by Caminofeld View Post
    Sounds like you found what works for your body and that's great! The crazy thing about Lyme is that symptoms vary so widely from person to person…and their responsiveness to treatment varies equally. Best of luck my friend.
    Thank you Camino!

Yes, the range that people's symptoms and treatments vary is very well known in the community, however this approach to treatment is far different than anything else available anywhere. I am not the first person he's treated and he claims not to have found one person yet he couldn't fix. I have no reason not to believe my doctor at this point. He treated someone who has been living with Lyme for 16 years, and he's also treated people who were so far gone they couldn't walk, but now they can. This treatment would work for anyone with Lyme disease, I'll tell you right now. My life feels like a movie now, it's beyond words. I was bedridden two weeks ago and you don't just walk away from that, people don't do what I have done.

However they can if they choose.
    Last edited by fabiodriven; 08-22-2016 at 10:57 AM.
    85 Tri-Zinger 60
    85 ATC250SX
    86 ATC250SX
    87 ATC250SX
    02 XR650L conversion
    84 ATC 480R

--
    Please share your doctors name if not in the thread via PM please

Regards
    Jim

--
    Please share your doctors name if not in the thread via PM please. Have a friend that is reluctant but will have an IV pick in her arm for two months to try a new brew. Her husband and I were talking this weekend and his wife has had over three dozen different cocktails prescribed by her latest doctor and he told her if the IV drugs over two months does not improve her condition he is going to bail on her. Of course insurance does blood work on her and they are against paying for any more treatment because they have decided she has no illness

Regards
    Jim

--
    PM sent! Thanks for asking!
    85 Tri-Zinger 60
    85 ATC250SX
    86 ATC250SX
    87 ATC250SX
    02 XR650L conversion
    84 ATC 480R

--
    I provided your doctor's contact info this morning! I sure hope my friend follows up with him before she does anymore conventional treatments seeing her current doctor doesn't seem confident his regimen will help. Unfortunately the consensus is she was bitten 7 or 8 years before anyone diagnosed her with Lyme so many symptoms have developed - your explanation is much like her experience over the years, horrible affliction!
    . Will definitely get in touch and let you know when she has spoken with your physician. Thank you for sharing the name of person who has helped you, very much appreciated!!

--
    This may seem off topic to some.

John sometimes I watch some strength training videos while I do my reps. Since my accident last year (hit a fence doing 70mph broke my neck etc. ect. etc.) I still think I can be more agile and powerful than I ever have been. At times, I think about the popping in my neck, the pieces of shattered bone that i know are floating around, and the pain that still exists every single night and day since the accident. Those thoughts don't last long when I remember that I know deep down that even at 36 I can still be the best athlete I've ever been by far, as long as i focus on what it really takes to get me there.

This one prompted a post here. Take the 13 minutes and listen to what this meathead has to say.

Been going strong every day for a while now, up to 190lbs and it feels great.

--

Lyme disease

That video was great Damon, thank you very much man. Guy reminds me of Rob Bailey. Those are some fantastic words of wisdom.

I didn't know you had been in a wreck or injured so badly, and it sounds like we're lucky to be hearing from you. I'm grateful it wasn't your time yet.

If I'm honest it's been interesting lately. This may sound odd, but my view on who we are, what I am, and what all of this is has evolved significantly. I am doing something that's not supposed to happen. I'm jumping out of a sinking boat that nobody else has been able to bail out from, even after waking every morning to a completely unbearable day from the moment your eyes open. I feel like people don't believe me or possibly think that I was never sick. If I had seen this information when I was still sick you had better believe I'd find out step by step how this happened and I'd follow suit immediately. Honestly I've been really surprised by how few people want to do what I'm doing. I mean I suppose this is just happening very suddenly and there isn't much time under my belt, but the two weeks clear I have already is unheard of.

Lyme disease comes on so strong, my panic earlier in this thread was by no means unfounded, not by a long shot. My bills barely scraped by and I didn't even miss much time at work in the grand scheme of things. People with this affliction lose everything and it happens really fast. I was faced with that. Had I not found this doctor I could very well be posting for sale ads rather than this report.

A lot of people I see every day don't understand the gravity of the situation I'm in right now. Life is very different now as I said. My diet has changed drastically so when I am able to eat something somewhat junky it's like the first time I've had something so good. A friggin caramel iced latte with milk and sugar is like heaven because my sugar intake is literally zero except for fruit and Swatland's friggin awesome honey that I have been using with everything and eating with a spoon. Stuff is amazing.

I'm so thankful for everyone in my life who has been there for me and propped me up as I was poised to fall, you all included. Strangely the outcome thus far seems anti-climactic for some reason. I mean maybe it's too early for celebration or maybe people don't believe me but I'm beating Lyme disease. I thought it would be exciting, which it is uncontrollably for me! I'm exuding excellence, without coming off as vain hopefully. There was a ton of hub bub when I was sick and I am very grateful, so grateful for that. I will help others, this is just the beginning.

I started working out again Sunday, it's Wednesday now, and I write this today saying in full confidence on this, the eve of my 13th day feeling free of this affliction that I feel absolutely 100% as if nothing had ever happened to me. If you're reading this and you have Lyme or know someone who does, watch my progress.

On September 15th I am going to the VA to get tested for Lyme disease. The results take a couple days. I don't know what is going to happen but judging by how I feel it wouldn't be surprising to me if we make history.

Thank you all for reading.
    Last edited by fabiodriven; 08-25-2016 at 07:38 AM.
    85 Tri-Zinger 60
    85 ATC250SX
    86 ATC250SX
    87 ATC250SX
    02 XR650L conversion
    84 ATC 480R

--

Lyme disease

Last Thursday September 15th I had my blood drawn to get re-tested for Lyme disease. No need for suspense, it did not come back negative. It's not "supposed to" ever come back negative, I should always test positive for Lyme since contracting it even if I feel fine. We felt it was worth trying seeing as I've been feeling completely better. My homeopathic doctor, my my primary care doctor, and myself were all waiting anxiously for the results. The homeopathic doctor was certain it was going to come back negative, I was optimistic, and the physician was curious. I had very little doubt it would come back positive just based on how I feel, so I was somewhat surprised. It was seven weeks ago tomorrow that I started counting the days that I could say I felt fine, and in those seven weeks I've taken advantage of every single moment. I've been working exceptionally hard at work and at home without so much as an iota of feeling I was ever sick. Everyone has heard the saying "having a new lease on life". When you are trapped in bed while the world continues on around you and you're faced with the prospect of being that way for the rest of your life, things get really real, and really fast. I owe this site and so many of you all such a debt of gratitude, I don't think any post could convey how grateful I am. Damon, Bill 007, Jonny Swinehart, even Mrs. Mosh posted at the beginning. There are so many more, so many of you. Please know I am grateful to each and every one of you. When I think back to where I was and what I was thinking two months ago, I feel like I'm dreaming right now. This, what I'm doing right now, was a virtual impossibility. Going to work, working on my house, going riding, having fun, eating whatever, all things I was going to have to exclude from my life and I was beginning to come to terms with having to consider that. I owe it all to my holistic doctor. Life would not have been worth living for me sick like that. I'd be in the process of selling everything right now I'm certain. No work = no money = no house. Even if somehow I could have kept my house the place is heated by solid fuel only, wood or coal. I couldn't get out of bed to do anything more than I absolutely had to, and any kind of manual labor would have been out of the question. Over the last few weeks my buddy Albie and myself have split probably four cord of wood (by hand with a maul) and we also insulated my attic. I've been incredibly productive and happy to have the ability to be such, something I will never take for granted again.

I can write this today in cull confidence of this man's ability to heal people. On July 26th I went to urgent care at the VA as my very first course of action to find out what was going on with me. I had the inclination it was Lyme at that time, but I wanted to see what they found. Anyone who's been following this already knows that the VA had no idea what was wrong with me. What I just found out last Thursday was I tested positive for Epstein Barr that day on the 26th and they either didn't tell me or I forgot. After my primary care doctor told me that last week I relayed the message to the holistic doctor the next time I saw him. He already had me scheduled for treatment for Epstein Barr from the beginning because it's a very common co-infection of Lyme disease. I wasn't surprised he was way ahead of things as usual.

So far life continues on as usual and again, thank you all so much.
    Last edited by fabiodriven; 09-22-2016 at 09:56 AM.
    85 Tri-Zinger 60
    85 ATC250SX
    86 ATC250SX
    87 ATC250SX
    02 XR650L conversion
    84 ATC 480R

tripledog is offline I could be geriatricdog... at my age Got the holeshot
    --

Thumbs up

Firewood warms you several times before you are done with it. Glad you're feeling better!

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //