//ArrowChat Code
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Lyme disease

fabiodriven is offline Aspiring romance novel cover model, and the Official 3WW slayer of thieves and swindlers. Catch me if you can
    --

Lyme disease

This post will be long winded and personal. Don't read it if you don't want to. Not interested in sympathy, looking to learn and teach. Thank you.

I contracted Lyme last summer, the summer of 2015. I had pulled into a beach on Cape Cod. I was on my Buell and it's a very common thing for me to be at a beach on Cape Cod on my Buell when it's nice out. For those who don't know, we have horse flies here at the beaches. Some people call them "Green Heads" for very obvious reasons. Horse flies are the worst, the absolute worst. They're smart and they are nature's arsehole. They will sneak up behind you and intentionally stay out of your line of site in order to avoid detection. Their bite hurts really frickin bad. I don't kill anything, not even animals in the road, no matter how small. I've swerved a 100,000 lb tractor trailer to avoid mice, moles, and snakes. Horse flies and mosquitoes I get a lot of enjoyment from smashing, they suck.

So I'm sitting on my bike when a very persistent horse fly was intent on biting the inside of my left leg just above my ankle between the bone and my Achilles tendon. Having the bike between my legs I wasn't able to smash the fly as I wanted to, only swat him away. Every time I shooed it away it would do a small loop and go right back to where it was on my leg. It was playing a game with me and I looked like an arse hat waving my arm around faster and faster between my legs. This went on for probably 10-15 of his little loops before I finally gave him a good push and thought he got it. I pulled out my phone and started replying to a text message. It gets really hot here, it was probably over 90, and my Buell is air cooled. It literally cooks the inside of your legs, they turn red from the heat. Yes I wear shorts and sneakers on my bike. Because my leg was already cooked and somewhat numbed from the heat, it took me quite a few seconds to realize that while I was texting the arsehole horse fly had returned and by the time I looked down he had his entire head buried in the flesh of my leg with his fat ass in the air. I flailed him away again and then started my bike and left that beach.

A couple weeks later I developed the "bulls eye" rash where the fly had bitten me. I was unaware to associate the rash I had with Lyme disease. Seems just about everyone else is aware of what to look for but I guess I missed the memo. I figured the rash was an infection that would go away and it was very uncomfortable and painful but it did eventually go away. Not long after that I got hit with death on a stick, it was nearly unbearable. At this point in my life I had survived war. Upon my return home I realized that I had PTSD at a life threatening level. I got home in 2004 from Iraq and it literally took me a decade to get my head screwed on straight. In 2015 I had a good job and the best outlook on life I'd had post-war and being single. I typically struggle when single. 2015 was going to be different and I was going to make sure of that. I'd quit smoking, I was going to the gym, I was even vegetarian and drinking green drinks daily. I was on track for really good things. Then all of a sudden I got really, really sick. As many know, I'm able to paint a fairly decent picture using written word, however I wouldn't pretend I have the ability to describe the throes I was in when Lyme hit me full tilt. I could feel it physically coursing through my veins and invading my mind, my very thoughts. For someone who has experience dealing with mental "issues", for lack of a better term, this was on a level far greater than anything that could be fought. It took me ten years to learn to control my own thoughts and actions and to learn to live with PTSD. I considered myself strong and held my head high with pride, especially knowing so many people whose only means to get through their day involves drugs. I refused to accept that fate and I had already won, I was on my way, when not six months into my brand new attitude and brand new me I get kicked in the balls by Lyme disease. My anxiety and depression always came in waves. I would get down, then defeat it or it would subside, then it would come back again, for a decade. I then decided I was going to give it the knock out blow and eliminate my "issues". Explaining how is a different thread entirely, but simply put, mind over matter. These things I dealt with were in MY head and there should be only one person controlling what's going on in my head, and that's me. This ties into how I feel about commercials and such. The mind is a far more powerful thing than most realize. It has both the power to make the body physically ill and heal. Remember that next time you see a drug commercial. If a commercial can make you sick enough to see a doctor and the end result is you need drugs then guess who profits from that? You will all laugh at this because that's the program, but why not a commercial to make you feel better? Seems silly doesn't it, but your mind has the ability to make your body sick or heal it, and every drug commercial you see is geared to make you sick. And this is why I'd rather not partake. Count how many drug commercials you see tonight.

So the effects of Lyme disease are brutal, most likely beyond my explanation, but I will attempt. Initially when it hit me full bore I was trying to fight it. I was trying to work as I normally would but I was tired beyond explanation from the time I woke up until the time I went to sleep. I had only been at my job (which is the best job I've had) for 6 months at that time. It's a small company and we're very tight-knit. The owner is actually a year younger than myself. The other two foremen I was friends with prior to ever being hired there. The three of them thought I was full of shite. They thought I was just being lazy. I don't blame them, I looked fine physically. I had no idea what was wrong with me. Then I started losing my equilibrium, depth perception, and I was getting migraines. Then I got a fever and what seemed like a flu. Not long after that I was bed-ridden. The doctors had no idea what was wrong with me and my aggravation, exacerbated by the effects of the Lyme, soon became vocal. It got into my head and it was playing out the worst things in my head that it could. It's really scary when you think about it, that something has the ability to somehow decipher what bothers you and then queue it up in your minds eye without your consent, or even worse, at it's own will with you powerless to stop it. It's as if the bacteria have erected a screen in your mind and begun playing all your worst memories to you with your eyes taped open. It also changes your perception of what you're viewing currently. A harmless joke or otherwise innocent situation can in fact be twisted in your head so you perceive it as something it is not, something much more sinister. Partly due to my boss and coworker's view of me as I was going through this (which you can't blame them for having) and also due to my lack of performance things came to a head at work and I spazzed out. I finally told my boss I had to get to the hospital, like right after that conversation. I had been multiple times already prior, but I was going back then and there to try and get an answer again. It was then my boss suggested Lyme disease and said something about the rash and instantly my thoughts went back the that d!ckhead horse fly. I knew it then and there. I got tested for Lyme and it was positive. One has to wonder at this point how long it would have taken the VA, if ever, to figure out I had Lyme disease. They prescribed me three weeks of antibiotics and told me to rest. The antibiotics took far longer than I would have imagined to finally have an effect, but once they did it was drastic. I started feeling like myself again, coming out of the "clouds" that surround you when you contract Lyme. They call it "the fog". To attempt to put it into perspective, if you could imagine going through your day wearing one of those big old iron diving helmets with the little glass window on the front, that's how your interaction goes with the outside world. It's as if you're losing the picture on your TV and need to adjust the antenna (you puke millennials can ask a well-adjusted adult to elaborate on that) People don't understand. I try to explain myself and the most common answer you get is "you look fine". Well thanks but I'm anything but fine. Trying to explain yourself or acting as if nothing is wrong are your two options, neither of which you have the mental capacity to upkeep. Both require more thought than you're capable of and it is absolutely exhausting. Solution; don't be around people. Not a very conducive answer to someone who expects lead a relatively healthy social life, especially if that person happens to be single. The problem is, not being around people turns you into what society views as an anti-social person. When you can't attend a friend or a family member's party and they don't understand why then people start having opinions of you. Forget about concerts and things of that nature. I got in a lot of disagreements and ended friendships because people just cannot understand, and that's not to say every single circumstance is my fault. I had also been eliminating people from my life that were detrimental before I got sick. You are the company you keep.

So 21 days of pills and you're all better. Handshake, thanks, goodbye, right? Yes, that's society's current answer to this affliction. The problem is, that solution is anything but. It doesn't work. In the fall of 2015 I was feeling much better, however I was concerned about whether or not I was going to be able to return to my gym routine I had established the previous winter as a huge part of my self improvement campaign. I wanted to gain weight and add muscle and prior to Lyme I had been slowly achieving that goal. I felt well enough to try and regain the ground I had lost, which was a huge mental mountain to climb. So much progress gone and so much ground to regain. I started going to the gym again over last winter and it took some time but I was coming back. I got to a point that I was really happy with my progress, then the weather broke and the gym routine gets shut down in favor of work going full-bore in the spring and also Trikefest preparation, which is two huge undertakings simultaneously. 4:30 a.m. starts with 12+ hour days at work being the norm and then whatever I can do for Trikefest after work hours and on weekends. I powered through it all with this year feeling as if it were more prep than any year previous, but I persevered and pushed through it all without so much as a stumble. When you've been helpless, when you've been tied down beyond your own control, you better believe you take full advantage when given your abilities back. Just before Trikefest I started getting a twitch with my left eye of which I paid little mind. I had no time for that and I didn't want to lend any credence to anything that may have been developing. In other words, I didn't want to make it any more real by paying attention to it. I believe it worked. My eye twitched quite a bit that week but I had no time for that. The week of Trikefest went well otherwise, although I did notice I was slightly more anti social than I would have preferred. I had no reason that I was aware for that at the time. I got home from Trikefest at 3:30 a.m. Monday and went back to work Tuesday. Almost as soon as I got back to Massachusetts my health started to decline. I thought I had a bug or coming back to all this pollen after having been away for nine days may have gotten to me. I worked Tuesday to Friday and immediately went to bed after work Friday and stayed there right through the 4th of July until the following Tuesday. I missed all the celebrations for the holiday and listened to the fireworks from my bed. My sister was up from Arkansas and I missed the big family party. I suspected Lyme then and was taking shots of turmeric. It was the only thing I knew I could combat the Lyme with. I don't know whether that worked or not but rather drastically I was out of bed and out and about again. Started getting out on my Buell and doing my Cape Cod beach routine, but here we go again. Some days are better than others but there is something wrong with me. I went to the VA last week and they did a bunch of tests, nothing. So they did more tests, nothing. I go for an ultrasound tomorrow. I know this is Lyme, they don't. The only test they can do for Lyme shows whether or not I was exposed at one time or another, to which we already know I have been. Even if they could prove this is Lyme right now, there isn't anything they can do to treat it aside from what they've already done. Obviously antibiotics are not the answer. My research and personal experience have shown this to be true. So now what?

My appetite is junk. I basically have to force feed. And I'm to gain weight how? I don't get hungry, I go straight to headache and lightheadedness and dizziness. My craps aren't right. Joint pain in my hips is heavy some days, enough I was almost walking funny yesterday. The bacteria is inside of my body and it can have an effect on a myriad of physical and mental functions of the human body, literally just about everything. This time it's not been bad enough that I can't work, however getting up in the morning has been difficult. Deep sleep is a thing of the past and I am not refreshed when I wake in the morning. I can't really sleep in anymore if I wanted to, and I am junk after the work day. When I get home my thoughts start to race and my head hurts. Work has been a little slower this month so I was able to see the doctor last week and I have an ultrasound tomorrow. I am a shadow of who I truly am in this condition however, and this is not how I will lead my life. I worked hard, very, very hard to get my head on straight after being ravaged by war and also a very unhealthy relationship where I was basically abused. I had gotten through all of that and in the process learned so much. I studied quantum physics and learned of the frequencies at which life in this realm operate and how to harness and focus energy, both mentally and physically. I was more tuned in than I had ever been in my entire life, and I was ready to take life by the balls finally and by myself this time. I was able to read the signs of the universe just as most can see highway signs and it was amazing what I was able to manifest. It is astonishing what the human mind is capable of, and I was just getting started. Laugh all you want, by all means, as I can assure you I will have the last laugh if I can get back to that point. I could feel the energy of our universe as if it were being beamed to an antenna on the top of my head, that's literally what it felt like. Then Lyme came. I have never felt old in my life and it shows. I'm always told I look far younger than my actual age and I always felt that way. That is, until the summer of 2015 when I got sick. I aged 10 years in that couple months I'd say, I can feel it. My antenna was coming back but now it's having issues again. When this happens it feels like I'm wearing a lead cap that's blocking the signal, I'm in the diver's helmet.

For whatever reason, there is far less help for this ailment than one might guess there to be. There is hardly any effective treatment and there are tons of dead-ends on the subject. Trust me, I know. If you'd like to read up on it feel free. Our government handles Lyme unlike any other disease out there. There is shite out there as far as solutions to this problem and many claim that is because Lyme was manufactured by our government and accidentally released into the populous. That's another thread entirely though, read up on that on your own if you'd like to. Really makes you glad you fought for this country.

For those of you with the "disease" of addiction, IE alcoholism and drug addiction, I say a very healthy go fawk yourself and stop taking drugs and drinking. Presto! You're cured! Try having something you cannot cure, then come tell me how easy it was to cure your case of the "Bud heavies".

So after a very lengthy explanation, if anyone is still reading this at this point, I need help. I don't need armchair racers with "ideas", I need the help and suggestions of those who have or who are dealing with this and may know something I don't. In turn I will gladly share any experience I gain from this. I will not live my life this way, one way or the other. I have worked my arse off to get myself healthy and I had made it. I was there, and now I get this. This is no way to live life and I will not do it. This must be fixed. I am considering the VA and traditional medicine almost a total loss. Unless someone really impresses me with something I've not been able to find I don't think modern medicine is the answer. The only two things I am curious about right now is bee sting therapy and some "doctor" with a laser that's claiming he can cure me. The laser guy sounds like a quack to me, but I'm desperate and I'm going to get over and see what he's got going on. All this time and those are my two leads. Why? Because there is nothing to learn because our government isn't concerned with this affliction for whatever reason. This can kill you and it kills every day, just like cancer, yet where is the treatment? Where is the outcry? Where is the information, the support? It's clearly obvious we're not meant to get better, that they aim to leave us this way. I will get better or I will die trying as this is no way to live. Please don't tell me "I look fine".

Thank you for reading and I don't see how but maybe this has helped someone. If anyone has any good answers for me I'd greatly appreciate it.
    Last edited by fabiodriven; 08-19-2016 at 09:54 PM.
    85 Tri-Zinger 60
    85 ATC250SX
    86 ATC250SX
    87 ATC250SX
    02 XR650L conversion
    84 ATC 480R

--
    I remember sensing this last year and emailing you. Wish I would have known more. I just messaged a Dr friend of mine. Runs his own practice,ZERO insurance.Army medical DR. His practice is for wellness and prevention,not treating what's already wrong. I was 100% ignorant of Lymes until a high school friend of mine got it. A logger,it was I believe left untreated,,,he got to the point his GF was carrying the saw into the woods for him,he is now a complete vegetable. Thank goodness,,,see what I did there,,,, yo u had the tenacity to find this,as you know,it is no damn joke. Keep your head up pal,for now, the va won't hurt you,,maybe just maybe,, they will find a little something to help you along until you find the real answer you're looking for.I will lyk, asap when I hear back if he has any recommendations. So tired of bad crap happening to good people.
    Please help those who cannot help themselves.

ALWAYS buying Museum quality machines,3 and 4 wheels. And any and ALL ,NOS parts,EVERY brand.

I am turning my PM's Off,my Email is billsracing@hotmail.com,put 3WW in the subject. Thanx!

Gun laws do not stop criminals. BULLETS do.

--
    He's at the store getting groceries, said we'll talk tomorrow night. Sorry man. Hang in there.

ALWAYS buying Museum quality machines,3 and 4 wheels. And any and ALL ,NOS parts,EVERY brand.

I am turning my PM's Off,my Email is billsracing@hotmail.com,put 3WW in the subject. Thanx!

--
    John, I didn't know you were having a relapse. You were the first person I ever heard of getting Lyme, but since you told me my neighbor in Florida's mother got it and I just found out this weekend a fellow trike got it. As for help, my neighbor bought his mother a Himalayan salt lamp and it helped her out. I can't remember exactly what he said it gives out ions (+ or -, I can't exactly remember) that help to purify the air. Since it helped her, he ended up buying her a whole salt room. He is wealthy and cares for his mother more than anyone in the world. I haven't talked to him in a while, I'll call him soon and see if the room arrived yet and if it helped her. Best wishes John, I hope you can find some help buddy.
    Looking for a Bassani silencer for a 2nd gen tecate, the style with the movable mount. 1st gen will work

--
    Hey bro, first thing about lyme is to convince yourself that you're stronger than the disease and be tough as nails because it sucks and not many people actually understand or believe what you're going through. Second, get a LLMD (lyme-literate doctor) that will test for co-infections and offer appropriate therapy. You live in a huge Lyme cluster, so a good LLMD shouldn't be too hard to find…but do your research and talk to people first. Third, DON'T GO ON THE INTERNET!!! You will be mislead and find hundreds of quacks out there touting everything from shaman rituals to electrocuting yourself with copper coils. Sad thing is, the majority of these types have chronic lyme and will try anything to find relief. Fourth, talk to your LLMD to understand YOUR illness. You unfortunately have secondary or tertiary lyme; which has surpassed the easily curable phase. You also have chronic lyme, which about 35% of lyme sufferers get (the rest are permanently symptom-free after the 3 wks of doxycycline). The cray thing about lyme is that it affects everyone differently…but once it is in the neurological phase the disease can alter your mood severely. Your disease progression is different than most (usually starts with cold-flu symptoms) and it's odd that a fly bite caused it. Maybe it's mutating? I know your political views, so if you want to get angry read about Plum Island and Dr. Eric Traub. If they ever link lyme to a government -up (which I believe) I'll be the first in line to sue.

Seriously LMK if you need any advice or support. I've had it 4 times and have a flare-up about every year.

Hang in there bro.
    Ragin' full on...

--
    Sounds like camino's got the experience. Here is what my friend had to say,,,good luck Fab,stay strong.

Many Lyme's patients need to be retreated with Doxycycline...should be 6 weeks though.

I use IV Vit C and it helps. A test to show chronic disease is the CD57 test done by Lab Corp. see www ILADS.org for alot of info.

Olive leaf extract, oral vitamin C, probiotics, better diet, cats claw

--
    Stay strong brother! This is terrible news and I do not like reading about your situation. Knowing you though, I feel strongly you will conquer and over come - that is just plain and simple Fabio. I do not have any advice to give you as I know nothing about this horrible disease. I can mention one "cure all" of sorts though. If you are interested or get a free moment and have the slightest curiousity of what I am talking about, look into the Dr Max Gerson / the Gerson Institute. If you have any questions about it, I have done much research into it. Not sure how this may or may not help you, but at this point it is all I can offer you. Let food be thy medicine and medicine be thy food. — Hippocrates

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Max_Gerson
    RIP - Yamahondaman!! You will never be forgotten!
    RIP - Sam Brehm!! Gone but NEVER forgotten!
    RIP - Sandpuppi101 - You will live on in my mind - I miss you friend!

JesseA420 is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerFirst time rider
    --
    Quote Originally Posted by Caminofeld View Post
    quacks out there touting everything from shaman rituals
    quit quacking if u have no idea what u are talking about please.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by fabiodriven View Post
    Remember that next time you see a drug commercial. If a commercial can make you sick enough to see a doctor and the end result is you need drugs then guess who profits from that? You will all laugh at this because that's the program, but why not a commercial to make you feel better? Seems silly doesn't it, but your mind has the ability to make your body sick or heal it, but every drug commercial you see is geared to make you sick. And this is why I'd rather not partake.
    Quote Originally Posted by fabiodriven View Post
    then my boss suggested Lyme disease and said something about the rash and instantly my thoughts went back the that d!ckhead horse fly. I knew it then and there.
    Contracting lyme disease from a fly is extremely rare. The CDC reports that there are no credible studies the support flys as being a vessel for transmission.

Those that have been bitten by a fly then contracted lyme disease will beg to differ.

Some lyme disease patients end up with Myalgic Encephalopathy/ Chronic Fatigue Syndrome. Your symptoms sound a lot like what happens to these people.

I really like glamy's Ayahuasca suggestion. It falls right in line with the power of energy and thought in the healing process. Just be sure to find a real shaman, not a charlaton.

My cousin came home with extreme PTSD as well. He also discovered quantum mechanics and started living his life in acceptance of the frequencies and energy that surround us all. He also began to climb the mountain of happiness. He also later realized that no matter how many positive things you think about, do, project, discover, or what frequencies you are transmitting or receiving, that "shlt happens".

I admire your introspection, and your tenacity towards battling whatever it is that is ailing you. There's already a lot of care and concern for your health and well being evident here in this thread, just wanna raise my hand and say I also care, and am concerned. I'd say best of luck to you, or best wishes, but, we both know luck and wishing isn't going to get the job done. You havbe the right attitude, and a good support group. You'll get to the bottom of this and get back to feeling like yourself. There's no other option.

--
    Fabio, I don't have the answers, but I can tell you I have been down your road and it sucks.
    You mentioned tumeric. It's great for soothing but not a cure. Look into activated charcoal too.
    I'm 2 years in. I saw a lyme specialist in Pennsylvania. I can give you his contact info if you like.
    I do not have lyme, so my search continues. But that doc was a great help.
    After the meds the charcoal will clear out dead bacteria, which is what can cause you to feel even worse.

Avoid stress! Whatever causes it. ..Internet bs..whatever. write it off!
    1981 ATC 70
    1978 ATC 90
    1985 ATC 250R
    1993 modded Banshee."Sounds like an Indy car on crack"

www.cosmicquads.com

--
    To Dohc's post. My Sister was stung by a bee in 78.Long story,,,,,,,her life ((((,,,,short. Today she spends her days,every single solitary day. Concentrating on breathing and swallowing,on great days.Walking across her living room. She has been dx'd with Chronic fatigue Syndrome, Fiber Myalgia,mental illness,,,,yeah right ! ALL in her head . My Sister would have been a female Trump,,with only slightly less outspoken,,,,,had that bee not stung her.She was a looker of a blonde and worked hand in hand side by side with us men till the job was done, Building a barn,making 1600 bales of hay a day. Fast forward today. She has falsely tested negative 4 times for Myastenia Gravis. It IS what she has ,, there is only one drug that turns this disease around,and when she takes it, She feels like superwoman,,,,her words. Translated,,,she can sort of breathe,sort of walk,,and actually eat without the concentration of fighting for her life to swallow.Some of the testing for MG,are needles around the eyes. She has endured it 4 times,from Washington DC to Rochester NY and 2 in PA. The "treatment" is a transfusion line into the artery going into your heart via the neck,and exhaust out the arm. Gruesome by any means. 5 days straight. It takes around 1 1/2 gallons of dark urine like crap,,Poison,,,out of her blood,,,plasma,,And replaces it with a drug. She is exhausted for days after the last day. Then starts to feel pretty good, then her body produces the poison and it's right back. SOME, ,, 1 treatment and they are cured, others, need it for life. The treatment greatly increases cancer risk.She has decided,,,the risks and results aren't worth it,plus she hates to travel anywhere. So she has forgone treatment for now.Basically,,,,,she is a mystery,,, over 30 years and counting ;(..Hopefully this has nothing to do with you Fab,but may help someone else. According to my friend it sounds like you may need a 6 week round of antibiotics. This aint his first rodeo lol. Fingers crossed,,,,and a Prayer,,,I aint gonna lie to ya ,,,, this all sorts itself out sooner than later.

fabiodriven is offline Aspiring romance novel cover model, and the Official 3WW slayer of thieves and swindlers. Catch me if you can
    --
    Threewheelerworld.com! Now offering medical advice! Lol!

Seriously though, it would seem insane to most people to know that my three wheeler forum is where I go to discuss issues such as these, however those people are unaware of what real trikers are. It's been said ad nauseam what we all are, and that is a group of very special people. I believe this with every fiber of my being, and I thank you all for your replies and concern. You all are fantastic people. Thank you so much.

Glamy- I'd be very curious about that. I know a lot of people may have snickered but in all seriousness I'd be curious to hear what you know about that. Medical advice from Glamy!

Bill 007- As I was typing out this post I knew you would be one of the first to reply and I knew you might have an idea. I apologize I didn't reply to your PM last month and thought about that as I was posting last night. Thank you for writing last month and thank you very much for your suggestion and reaching out to your friend for me. It really means a lot!

Joe 86T3- I wasn't aware I was relapsing either. I denied it as long as I could. I was supposed to be cleared of this, it wasn't supposed to be a concern of mine anymore, but here I am. A ton of people have been getting affected by Lyme lately, it's really getting around. I'd be curious to hear about that salt lamp. I'm going to look into that myself. Thank you my brother!

Camino- You are right. Being strong enough to combat this disease is huge. It seems ironic to me that I finally decided one day that I had the power to defeat my depression and anxiety, which I did, only to find out shortly thereafter there was something much stronger out there poised to take a swipe at me. When it hit me the hardest, when I was bedridden the first time, it made all my past confrontations with PTSD feel like child's play. It felt like my brain was boiling and expanding inside my scull, or as if I were possessed, as if there were something else in there. Turns out there was. As far as staying off the internet, I get what you're saying but I need knowledge to fight this. The information available on the internet as far as Lyme goes seems very limited to me, however I must know as much as I can and the internet is a great tool in that sense. I am not opposed to modern medicine, however they have failed me greatly in this instance and a holistic approach may be my best bet in my opinion (more on that later). My problems did involve a lot of flu-like symptoms, yes. It was like the worst flu you've ever had times ten. I've been told the fly bite thing is crazy myself, but I know what I know and make no mistake, I was bitten by a horse fly. I'm aware of Plum Island but not Dr Eric Traub, but you better believe I will google that name now. I thank you for your post and your concern.

atctim- My brother, so good to hear from you and excellent advice. Words of my very own if I think back to when my mind and health were better. If I could only remember how many times I gave that exact advice! I am well aware of Dr Max Gerson and his technique, although I had almost forgotten somehow. That is such a great point to make, and for that I truly thank you!

DOHC- Damon thank you for posting. I am aware how rare it is to have contracted Lyme from a fly. Last time I checked, which was last year when I got bitten, there were zero documented cases of people having contracted Lyme from a horse fly. I was amazed to find this out, but I stand here today with all the proof I need personally. I guess the rest of the planet will just have to take my word for it. With the production that went into this fly's approach and subsequent achievement of its intended goal, it made it very easy for me to remember. That and the chunk of meat it managed to extract from my leg and resulting welt it left. There was no question at all who caused that and when it happened. Very flattering words from you my friend, and I'm proud to call you that. We will hook up sooner than later and I will be in good health. Stay tuned in.

Mrs. Mosh- Thank you so much for your words. It is very wise to avoid BS, I agree. That's something I learned as well. Don't worry, be happy. Things used to get me so revved up, even small things I would obsess over all day. Being a Boston truck driver with thin skin is not a good combination. The ability to let it go, let it gooo!!! is absolutely paramount in one's well being. This is why I spend so much time in the summer on my Buell and at the beach. That is my escape.

That all being said, and again thank you all for such great words and suggestions, so much more than I had expected, I have an update already. Today I took off work (which I really cannot afford to be doing right now) and began my morning with a ride to the West Roxbury, Boston, VA where they took an ultrasound. In typical VA fashion, it yielded zero results and no answers. In their defense, it was the ultrasound tech who said he didn't see anything wrong, not a doctor. Even still, I'm not expecting much more of them. They made me an appointment for gastroenterology halfway through next month. I'm no doctor, but I feel as though they're looking more at the symptoms than the cause. It wouldn't surprise me if the next time I talk to the doctor they suggest I go on liver meds and some sort of anti-diarrheal or something.

Now before I get to my next paragraph I would like to say the following; traditional, modern medicine thus far has failed me with this ailment. On my end, I wish I had gone to the hospital sooner when I had initially gotten sick. On their end, I wish they had the foresight, experience, and training to have tested for Lyme much sooner than they did. Had they caught it early enough their antibiotics may have been effective enough to have cleared me of this right off the bat and this thread would have never existed. The reason I'm saying this is because I want it to be known that modern medicine is being given its chance and because it is failing I am exploring other avenues.

Upon leaving the VA I headed south at high speeds on my Buell to make it in time for an opening at the laser quack guy's office. That may be the last time I refer to him as such. After all the time I spent in the past making suggestions to others as far as drugs, modern medicine, the Gerson technique, healthy living, and alternative thinking, it is time to quite literally put my money where my mouth is. I will be paying for this out of pocket and have found very little answers about the science behind the treatment this doctor offers. The reviews of this kind of treatment I have found vary greatly. Many call it quackery and many swear by it, so it could go either way. It's important that it be known this man is not a medical doctor nor does he claim to be. He is a naturlistic (or something) doctor, a doctor of homeopathy. He did mention quantum physics (not knowing that I'm aware of what that is) and his explanation to me did make sense on some levels to that regard. If you're familiar with how the quantum universe works then you might understand how light energy can penetrate solid objects, including but not limited to, human flesh. What the laser part of the treatment amounts to is what looks like your regular hand held laser pointer, albeit from a much more sophisticated machine which is focused on problematic areas of the body. He did ask my symptoms and what areas bothered me the most, however he also said regardless of what I tell him he will be able to tell the problem areas via his own testing. His testing to locate the problematic areas is not what most would consider viable at all. A non-believer would quickly dismiss his search methods I'm sure. It involves light pressure on the areas to be considered and then a muscle test with him gauging resistance against my arm pushing against his. Not something I would call conventional by any means, but the conventional approach has failed me miserably so I'm OK with that. I asked him how many people he had treated with Lyme and his answer was far more than he could count. I asked him how many came back or were not satisfied with his treatment and he looked at me squarely and said "none". Obviously he stands to gain financially by having me as his patient, so there must be consideration in that as well. I am essentially a customer and in order to sell his product he must believe in it. The laser emits different frequencies as he does the muscle tests and he is able to determine what frequencies my body needs to heal supposedly. Once he finds those frequencies he then focuses the laser on the troubled areas and it does, something I guess. He also did some kind of electronic "acupuncture". He kept mentioning the acupuncture and I was looking forward to being jabbed with the needles somewhat, it's something I've always been curious about. I was surprised to find out the kind of acupuncture he does is completely electronic and doesn't involve being poked with needles whatsoever, just a little device that makes a funny noise and he holds it against your skin for a few seconds. On top of that, he sold me two herbal tonic type things to take as directed. One is for my nerves which he says are shot and the other is for parasites that he believes are in my stomach. I don't doubt either of those things. I already knew my nerves were war-torn and I suspected a parasite may be involved with my digestive tract somehow, so I was glad he suggested those two tonics. He also gave me some homeopathic water to take as directed as well.

I'd venture to guess more than one reader has rolled their eyes at some point in this particular post. I'd imagine this all sounds like hocus-pocus to many, if not most, however this is what I've believed in for quite some time but I've yet to put into practice. I can assure anyone following this that my ailment is very real and this method of healing is being put to the test here, real world, no bullshite. I am keeping my mind open. I must believe in this in order for it to work, and that's not something he's told me, that's something I already know. Whether it be the placebo effect, the effect of the laser, or the effect of the snake oils, who knows? All I care is whether or not it works.

I asked the doctor why, if this treatment is as successful as he claims, if he is so confident, why is this not a more accepted and mainstream approach to healing? His answer was "because there is no money in healing for the drug companies". If anyone knows me and my beliefs, you know that I subscribe to this theory wholeheartedly. Our modern medical system is not in the business of healing, they are in the business of treating. Drug companies and (I would venture to guess) hospitals work FOR PROFIT, and healing people would be terribly detrimental to business. I'm not aware of any companies out there that work to put themselves out of business. We are all number$ to them which is why they advertise their wares so frequently, to sell you their products. Anything outside of the quotation marks are not the words of my caregiver, they are my beliefs, and they are being proven true to me.

The results of day one are as follows; I can honestly say that after one day of treatment, after spending an hour and a half with this guy and his laser pointer, after taking the herbal supplements upon my arrival home (which are far and away THE WORST tasting things I have ever put down my gullet), that I feel better. I don't know what else to say. Supposedly I'll have to see him a total of about 20 times give or take, and at that point I'll supposedly be a satisfied and healthy young man again. The doctor is very confident in his system and I want to be very confident as well, but I also want to be just slightly skeptical. I want to believe in it and I already do to an extent, I mean I feel better, but I want to understand and I want to be back to my old self. He has already sent me in that direction. On my post-work Buell ride yesterday I was doing a lot of thinking. I was thinking about what am I to do next? My health is failing. My stationary home, my wheeled home, my Mustang, my trikes, my cat, my Buell... All of these things depend on me and my ability to earn an income, and that I cannot do if I am not healthy. I tend to look far ahead, way down the road in any circumstance I'm faced with. I pictured having to sell everything I own and rotting to death for the rest of my life. I thought I could get rid of just about everything except my cat and my Buell and either just start riding south, to Mexico or beyond, and just shriveling up like a raisin on a beach somewhere. Also my dad lives in Hawaii. I could do the same there. These were my honest to goodness thoughts before I started this thread yesterday, there was little to no hope at this time 24 hours ago. I can say now that I honestly feel better somewhat, and that's just an honest statement.

If anyone reading this is concerned with my choice of hocus-pocus over traditional medicine I would like to point out now, modern medicine is still in this race, I am still going to the VA. Thus far I have hours of time vested in the VA in regards to this illness and the results are less than impressive. I went to my ultrasound today and will be at my gastrointestinal appointment next month, however I venture to guess while the VA is still chasing their tail I'll be well on my way to recovery thanks to quantum mechanics and this homeopathic professional.

So the score at this time is modern medicine- 0

Homeopathy- 1
    Last edited by fabiodriven; 07-27-2016 at 06:59 PM.
    85 Tri-Zinger 60
    85 ATC250SX
    86 ATC250SX
    87 ATC250SX
    02 XR650L conversion
    84 ATC 480R

--
    And I just ate dinner because I was hungry and I enjoyed it...
    85 Tri-Zinger 60
    85 ATC250SX
    86 ATC250SX
    87 ATC250SX
    02 XR650L conversion
    84 ATC 480R

tripledog is offline I could be geriatricdog... at my age Got the holeshot
    --
    I have every confidence that you will recover, as you don't strike me as the type of guy to just give up, and you have such a zest for life. I must say that I thought you may have some kind of brain fog going on when you liked a few of MY posts. That's just not right. Get well. SOON!

--
    I posted this in your "origins" thread;
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=hcRGY2Bdk0U
    I don't know if you watched it but it is about ayahuasca(DMT).

No eye rolling here, I've heard of everything you've mentioned. I'm a 2nd year beekeeper and heard many times of apitherapy( bee sting therapy). From my limited knowledge it's helpfull with the stiffness and soreness. It's also popular among people with chronic arthritis. If you're intrested in it I could help you find a beekeeper local to you. A jar of honeybees would be way cheaper than a bottle of pills.
    82 250r
    83 Big Red
    85 Auto-x
    If you've done business with me please leave me feedback
    http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthr...ght=Bren_downe

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //