//ArrowChat Code
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: HELP!!! Need Yammie 225 DXN starting help.

--
    Yeah its weird how it would break the key like that, there's no pressure on the flywheel, its not like the chain sprocket is attached to it or anything.,.. it just spins with the crank shaft..lol Anyhow, I hope that all it is now. We shall see, as soon as I get the key I can start putting it back together. lol

--
    well i got it put back together today, fired it up and was riding around for about 5 minutes and she died...messed with it for maybe 5 minutes and it fired up again but stalled out, fired it up and it died, then i got it running again but it was popping and spitting and wouldn't stay running, then i got it going again and started heading up to the garage and it occurred to me that it died / ran bad when i was sitting on it but ran good when i wasnt on it... ahhh... i checked under the seat and found a bad wire! lol... so for now its back up and running!

--
    The flywheel has a ton of force on it. It helps provide the torque on a machine. When the engine revs, it has force against it as the crank accelerates. When the engine slows down, the flywheel want's to keep moving. Inertia.

Bad wire's are your enemy. I'd go as far as reviewing the entire machine's wiring. All connectors. Confirm they are clean and have dielectric grease on them (water prevention). then secure them. A loose wiggly wire will wiggle until it breaks internally. Those suck.

Fixed an old honda civic that had wiggly wire's going to the distributor. After the wire got to the right spot, the car wouldn't start. If you wiggled them while it was running, it'd cut out and die. I used trailer splicers and kept connecting wires in parallel with the old wires until it ran. Faster than actual trouble shooting. It was so pathetic looking. About 8 wires all doubled up lol. That car got stolen.
    I just wanna go fast. If your not first, your last!!
    Reproducing the Tecate CDI. Contact me if you need one. I'm most accessible on FaceBook. You can find me on the 1984-1987 Kawasaki Tecate KXT250 Group.

--
    in case anyone needs to see photos of the stuff i am talking about, here goes...

the timing marks ...

my home made cam gear nut loosening tool.... the two outermost bolts thread into the side cover bolt holes, the two inner, longer bolts go through two of the holes in the gear to keep the motor from turning over while loosening the nut holding the gear on.

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //