//ArrowChat Code

Thread: Carburetor problem Honda 250r

--

Carburetor problem Honda 250r

I'm having problems with my carb 34mm mikuni ,running a 225 main jet,40 air jet.at three quarters to full throttle it's starts to bog down loss of power.can anybody help.Thank you

--
    First check your spark plug, is it wet carbon covered or dry white. That will tell you if it is to rich or lean. Check the float to see if it is stuck and flooding the cylinder or has a hole in it and starving the motor. Make sure you have no air leaks in the intake boot between the carb and the cylinder reeds. That is a start.

David (david@wrightracing.net)

--
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy B View Post
    I'm having problems with my carb 34mm mikuni ,running a 225 main jet,40 air jet.at three quarters to full throttle it's starts to bog down loss of power.can anybody help.Thank you

X2, show a pic of the plug. What clip is your needle on?
    Feedback for yaegerb: Click Here

Need something blasted or polished or both? Send me a PM

--
    Hay thanks for responding, my spark plug is black with some carbon ,a little wet, but not saturated. I adjusted my floats at 23mm. My in take doesn't have any cracks. I changed my reeds not new ones but with some good used ones.and for my needle I have it at the top slot. Question though , the vent on the crank case I got that going to the side of my carburetor is that good or not. Thank you let me know what you think.

--
    My plug is black with some carbon, and a little wet not saturated.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy B View Post
    Question though , the vent on the crank case I got that going to the side of my carburetor is that good or not. Thank you let me know what you think.
    I have no Idea what you said. Wait now I I think I get it. You are plugging the crank case vent into the side of the carb? Yeah, don't to that.

Place your needle clip 3rd from top.
    Feedback for yaegerb: Click Here

Need something blasted or polished or both? Send me a PM

--
    First, the vent line on the carb and the case should not be connected. They need to vent to the open air. I have never seen that done on a 2 stroke and it could be causing a fuel to air mixture issue. For the float, if it is cycling properly and the float doesn't have any holes in it, it should be fine. Start off with a new spark plug, NGK B8ES or Better would be a BR8EV. The obvious things to clean like the air filter and fuel petcock filter can cause issues at open throttle.

David...

--
    As for the needle, 3rd from the top would be a little rich at sea level, where I live in San Diego and our local desert. If you still have a problem after you fix the vent lines and a new spark plug. Then move the needle jet clip up one and try it out.

David...

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //