//ArrowChat Code

Thread: medical / dental tourism?

--

medical / dental tourism?

so say...a grand for a root canal and you want to keep that tooth? so say another grand for a cap.

Really more like 1200 each procedure. $2400 for each tooth?

Most dental insurance is like a savings account.
    Give us a grand or so per year and you'll be lucky IF we give it back to you.

Heard a rumor that there are thousands of dentists within walking distance from Yuma AZ.

Any thoughts?

--
    My mother goes to a dentist right over the border and what would have cost me 4K+ at my dentist cost her 6-700.00

--
    Yep Dental insurance is a crock. The company I work for our plan is essentially just cleanings, check ups and X-rays. If you need a root canal or a cap not covered. This past year we looked at monthly premiums paid versus what employees receive and the cost to pay for the insurance exceeds the $1500 max benefit per employee each calendar year.

Now we give employees up to $1500 a year for dentists which can also be used for oral surgery where our insurance plan made you pay out of pocket.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by tri again View Post
    Most dental insurance is like a savings account.
    Give us a grand or so per year and you'll be lucky IF we give it back to you.
    That's what ALL insurance is. Monthly payments, in advance of any treatment. The only people getting actual insurance are the doctors.

If insurance of ANY kind wasn't a scam, it would not exist. There's no such thing as "affordable' insurance or healthcare.

My brother pulled his own tooth last week.

--
    There are many kinds of medical treatments, including dental that people come down here for. Dental in particular is a lot cheaper down here... or you could just go see Damon's brother.
    It sucks to get old

--
    My insurance is George Washington.

I've been down to TJ before and know many folks/family who go there for dental care. Non of these folks/family are poor..........or dumb.

Everthing cosmetic for me is out of pocket so going to Mexico for care is half to a third of the price here.....for what my experience has been....exactly the same care here.

I think folks are starting to explore surgical eye care down there as well.

--
    BTW I should mention that hepatitis C can be put into remission here. It takes a couple months, costs a fortune and you can NEVER touch alcohol again, but they can do it. A friend of mine has done it twice (had a beer after the first time). This was many years back, he's 89 years old and the doctors in the USA can't find a trace of it in him.
    It sucks to get old

Scootertrash is offline Just Too Addicted: Protecting Our Community The day begins with 3WW
    --
    Interesting. I thought Obammycare was supposed to rein in those evil profit mongering insurance companies and make everything affordable?

Here's a little more for ya:

http://wgntv.com/2016/08/02/obamacar...to-45-percent/

CHICAGO — Health insurance premiums for Illinois residents who buy coverage through the Affordable Care Act’s marketplace could increase by as much as 45 percent according to proposals submitted by insurers.

The leading insurer on Illinois’ exchange, Blue Cross Blue Shield, is proposing increases for 2017 ranging from 23 percent to 45 percent for individual health-care plans, according to proposals released Monday.

In a statement, Blue Cross Blue Shield of Illinois said the proposed rates are in line with those in many markets across the country.
    For emphasis:

In a statement, Blue Cross Blue Shield of Illinois said the proposed rates are in line with those in many markets across the country.
    Don't think for one minute that it's only Sh!tcago that's getting increases...............
    Quote Originally Posted by fabiodriven View Post
    Trick the people into thinking they're enacting their own will and you have willing slaves.

Liberalism suspends the intellect of its victims, while at the same time tricking them into believing that they're smarter than everyone else.

If we've done business together, please leave me feedback. Thank You!:

http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthr...t=Scootertrash

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //