//ArrowChat Code
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: What is Reverse Racism?

--
    Tim and Redsox bring up a good point that I think matters immensely.... Upbringing, upbringing, UPBRINGING!

I am not saying that every child born out of wedlock will have a bad upbringing, or that single parents are incapable of raising a child right... But in my opinion, a complete family environment is the best setting to ensure a good upbringing for the next generation. The way of life we demonstrate to our kids leaves a heavy footprint on their lives and has alot of influence over how they lead their adult lives. Of course there are exceptions, but generally speaking I believe this to be true.
    Trikes:
    '85 ATC 350R
    '85 ATC 250R
    '86 ATC 350X
    '85 ATC 350X
    '84 ATC 200ES Big Red
    '84 ATC 125M
    '85 ATC 110
    '85 ATC 70/110

If you have bought from me or sold to me, please leave me feedback here>>> http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthr...+RIDE-RED+250r

--
    I remember a quote from Malcolm X.........."blacks are a cancer on white America."

I don't feel that's the predominant thinking currently........expecially amongst the yute's of America. They are far less susceptible to follow the ugliness of the past. Black kids.....when given the chance....repel from the thinking of their elders.

If one was to watch the current media solely one would think this is the worst race relations in history....post slavery. You would never guess we have a black president.
    Last edited by knappyfeet; 08-10-2016 at 06:24 PM.

--
    Racism has been around forever. The difference between then and now is cell phones and social media. We didn't see things going on in other places before. What was a local story that went nowhere, now is a global story with video. There is nothing happening now that hasn't went on for centuries.

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk

--
    Quote Originally Posted by RamsesRibb View Post
    Sure we used to have slavery. So did everyone else in the world. Historically about half the big slave owners in Louisiana where free blacks. Down here color didn't make you a slave that was something altogether different. Poor white people didn't own slaves either. A lot of white people were indentured servants. Many of them died while engaged in their work.

People also forget that Abe Lincoln and many soldiers of the Union Army sacrificed their lives to free the slaves (amongst other things). What about all the VOLUNTEERS that have flown to post-Katrina cities, Haiti, Africa, etc and risked their lives and safety to help black people. I treat every patient I have without prejudice (unless they're drug-seeking) and have equal disdain for WT. Don't know many racists, just realists that don't bury statistics for the sake of political correctness.
    Ragin' full on...

--
    Lincoln had no intentions of freeing slaves. The southern states started secession from the union because they were scared he was going to outlaw slavery. The war was about keeping the union together. He got pressure to outlaw slavery and after the war was over, he didn't want the freed slaves to have any rights, own property, or vote.

RamsesRibb is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --

What is Reverse Racism?

Also Lincoln wanted to ship the freed slaves to Liberia in Africa which was actually created for that purpose. (The former slaves that actually landed there decided the best course of action was to capture the natives and enslave them. Look it up)

Lincoln is the guy who gave us the overbearing federal government. We could have avoided war all together and offer compensatory relief on the freeing of slaves similar to what happened in South America. The war was based on federal vs state and Progressive Republican vs conservative democrats.

If Lincoln was alive today he would be right there with Obama and the Clintons
    Previously known as HighFlying101 since 2003
    I changed my email and lost my password

Current: '85 Tri-Z , '83 250r , '86 Tecate, '80 ATC110
    Prior: '85 FTZ ATC350X, '85 Tri-Z, '85 ATC200X w/ Bassani exhaust, '83 Big Red, '81 ATC185S, '79 ATC110

http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/tpctrikes/

RamsesRibb is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    As I've stated earlier, my family has been here for many generations and were the first settlers where i live. We have our own dialect of French which blends in African and Indian language. My grandfather used to refer to people from the north as Americans. Apparently he thought he was still French. I had family that died in the civil war, a great+++grand father was a POW for 3 years there l, some made it home. They were not rich men but had small family farms. They didn't fight for slavery, they fought for our heritage and our culture. In fact 1 slave would cost more than your home.

Kind of the same situation with the Indians. Some people say that Europeans came and destroyed their civilization. A lot of them were anything but civil. One of my forefathers was actually beheaded in the early 1700's about an hour from where I live along with all the other men in the village. The woman and children were taken as slaves by the Indians. That tribe was destroyed for the most part by a garrison from New Orleans and another tribe of Indians who were allies with the Europeans.

Prior: '85 FTZ ATC350X, '85 Tri-Z, '85 ATC200X w/ Bassani exhaust, '83 Big Red, '81 ATC185S, '79 ATC110

--
    I Looked at the reference material and seems to indicate that the percentage of the black population which identifies with religion is higher than other races.
    I have trouble, in a discussion of fact, with qualifiers like "seems to indicate" and "which identifies with." You can make stats dance in any direction you like, especially with lawyerspeak like that. Getting all dressed up for a fashion show/sing along once a week for 45 minutes is not the same as living a life dedicated to a set of rules and ideals. Especially if you live the other six days like a dirtbag. Fabios example of the Amish is exactly what I had in mind when I was questioning the "Blacks are the most religious" claim. Here are a people that truly live their beliefs. Right or wrong, every minute of every day, they're in it. I remember watching an interview of a woman who's kid had been killed in that mass shooting at the Amish elementary school a few years back. i think it was in rural Pennsylvania, but i could be wrong. Anyway, she was standing there saying, "God chose us for this because he knew our faith could handle it. Who better than us to bear this burden. Who better than us." WOWZA!! Are you kidding me? Your kid just got blasted and you're THANKING GOD??? Thats faith man. Thats the most religious. When discussing who's more religious, i would think a "show me don't tell me" standard would apply. If that standard would apply, and statistically speaking, one were to quantify the number of commandments adhered to in a calendar year, than i think the results of your google search for most religious would be quite different.

"Theres a thin line between Saturday night and Sunday morning." -Jimmy Buffett

Everyone is different and races are genetically different and have different origins. But the equality issue is not about physical differences. It is really an issue of being treated equal by the system in place and to be judged independently from others which may look the same but not act the same.
    its not only physical differences, its behavioral differences. As referenced in the dog example above, different breeds BEHAVE differently. There is a behavorial inequality, if you will. (dogs) So "the system" should treat equally things that are not equal? Isn't that the antithesis of affirmative action and other "level the playing field" programs? Why do Indian kids crush it in the spelling bee?? Because they're better at spelling, man! They're not equal to everyone else, they're better. Is that a physical difference?? Or behavioral? Is that racist to say? or reverse racist? I'm not advocating they give little irish kids easier words to spell so they can compete. Thats ludicrous. But thats exactly the same as whats happening with the Government.
    Last edited by redsox; 08-11-2016 at 10:20 AM. Reason: spelling and grammar
    Wubba Lubba Dub Dub!!!!!

TRIKES:
    86 250r
    85 250sx
    86 250sx
    84 Yamaha 225DX - Bruins Trike
    85 Yama 225DX - The Rental!
    150cc Piranha powered 70
    110cc Lifan 70
    82 70
    83 ALT 50 Trail Buddy
    88 Yamaha BW 80
    84 z50

fabiodriven is offline Aspiring romance novel cover model, and the Official 3WW slayer of thieves and swindlers. Catch me if you can
    --

What is Reverse Racism?

Again to clarify further about "the most religious", I wasn't referring to black people as practicing what they preach like the Amish for example. I just meant in sheer numbers of how many claim to be religious.

This is something I first noticed years ago when I joined the army.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    85 Tri-Zinger 60
    85 ATC250SX
    86 ATC250SX
    87 ATC250SX
    02 XR650L conversion
    84 ATC 480R

--
    Quote Originally Posted by redsox View Post
    its not only physical differences, its behavioral differences. As referenced in the dog example above, different breeds BEHAVE differently. There is a behavorial inequality, if you will. (dogs) So "the system" should treat equally things that are not equal? Isn't that the antithesis of affirmative action and other "level the playing field" programs? Why do Indian kids crush it in the spelling bee?? Because they're better at spelling, man! They're not equal to everyone else, they're better. Is that a physical difference?? Or behavioral? Is that racist to say? or reverse racist? I'm not advocating they give little irish kids easier words to spell so they can compete. Thats ludicrous. But thats exactly the same as whats happening with the Government.
    I could not agree more. Very well stated. This whole "equality" movement, weather it be employment, or gender, or racial, or economical, or behavioral is really ridiculous and over reaching by our gubment. It CAN NOT work, and it does not work. If anything it makes it less fair rather than more fair. You can not paint everyone with the same wide brush. You'll run into a brick wall every time you try to apply the same rules for everyone in a mixed society - ie the USA - a "Melting Pot" of cultures. I'm not advocating segregation or anything like that. It just doesn't work trying to apply "equality" to everything under the sun. It kind of brings to light the problems with Unions. The hardest working guy who shows up an hour early, and knows his job in and out, and is super efficient at what he does, gets paid less than the lazy no-good guy who has been there for 40 years, does horrible work, is inefficient, but gets paid more due to "seniority.

Let me share with you a shining example of how this "actually" works. I live in an Amish community. I would estimate that 30% to 40% of my community is Amish, and the remaining are white "English" folk. Keep in mind, these are "Old World Amish" whereas they are subjected to the strictest of Amish rules. No electric, no phones, no mirrors, no zippers, kerosene lights on their buggies, and no alcohol or tobacco use (whereas a neighboring Amish community is a bit more relaxed and they can have electric flashing lights and mirrors on their buggies and smoke tobacco and have cell phones). These people have "Outhouses" for bathrooms. Now - you have some of these up-tight, "what's good for them is good for me" types that are absolutely throwing a fit to the township because they are not subjected to the same regulatory septic rules we English are. In reality, the Amish would have to spend tens of thousands of dollars to get connected to the septic lines, or install private septic systems. Is it fair to the English because they have to? No. But on the other hand, it is against their religion to have "running water" and modern conveniences such as a flushable toilet. So that is like the most basic example or this new buzz word - "Inequality" and how it will do nothing but upset people and their day to day lives. The current "Administration" should be addressing real problems like this, but instead are turning it into "racial warefare" by pitting blacks against whites. The gubment is too big to see things for what they are. This is partially what is wrong with the entire "Racism" movement that in my eyes is completely orchestrated by our President, who by the way is not African American. His mother was white BTW.
    RIP - Yamahondaman!! You will never be forgotten!
    RIP - Sam Brehm!! Gone but NEVER forgotten!
    RIP - Sandpuppi101 - You will live on in my mind - I miss you friend!

--

What is Reverse Racism?

And the president's father was from Africa and not related in anyway to American slaves. He was however a nationalist spy who served prison time for that. The white grandparents were on the communist watch list here also. He then went on to be raised by a communist mother and an Indonesian Muslim step father. Later groomed by a black panther.

--

What is Reverse Racism?

I have trouble, in a discussion of fact, with qualifiers like "seems to indicate" and "which identifies with." You can make stats dance in any direction you like, especially with lawyerspeak like that. Getting all dressed up for a fashion show/sing along once a week for 45 minutes is not the same as living a life dedicated to a set of rules and ideals. Especially if you live the other six days like a dirtbag. Fabios example of the Amish is exactly what I had in mind when I was questioning the "Blacks are the most religious" claim. Here are a people that truly live their beliefs. Right or wrong, every minute of every day, they're in it. I remember watching an interview of a woman who's kid had been killed in that mass shooting at the Amish elementary school a few years back. i think it was in rural Pennsylvania, but i could be wrong. Anyway, she was standing there saying, "God chose us for this because he knew our faith could handle it. Who better than us to bear this burden. Who better than us." WOWZA!! Are you kidding me? Your kid just got blasted and you're THANKING GOD??? Thats faith man. Thats the most religious. When discussing who's more religious, i would think a "show me don't tell me" standard would apply. If that standard would apply, and statistically speaking, one were to quantify the number of commandments adhered to in a calendar year, than i think the results of your google search for most religious would be quite different.
    I was merely saying that the numbers may be misleading. Saying that as a whole they are the most religious may or may not be true as far as adherence is concerned. I would say that is false.

I was trying to point out that as far as races in the US go they have the highest percentage claiming religion. Again that can be misleading.

It is more likely a small percentage of the black population involved in the majority of crimes. And I would bet unless shown proof otherwise that they are among the percent not giving a damn about religion. The ones with no care in the world.

It is possible that there are also people who claim to be religious and maybe go to church or whatever and are just putting on a horse and pony show, and they are criminal masterminds.

Keep in mind that crimes vary widely in nature and I am only concerned with violent crimes and the crimes that affect others around them.

I really believe that the behavior patterns that are problematic are street culture oriented and coming from broken homes with no baby daddy and a crackhead mama.

I see plenty of blacks from africa that speak better English and are professionals.

I guess I will backtrack a bit in my thoughts a bit here though. In my dealings they do seem to be apt to cheating on their spouses more than whites. This would be a root of baby mama syndrome. I even read where the Catholic Church even allows African priests to marry because supposedly they are unable to resist sexual temptations. Hmm. This will require more thought.

--
    Caminofeld, I have a lot of respect for you after reading your posts the past few years. You have your eyes open. Sometimes, however, details can give away the coordinates to a person's vantage point.

Quote Originally Posted by Caminofeld View Post
    something happened today that pissed me off more than anything has in awhile
    It didn't piss you off, it triggered fear. which later turned to anger because of your inability to interpret and control the fear. I have no doubt that a man such as yourself might try to deny this, but it's blatant. Fear promts retreat, which is what you did. Anger prompts confrontation, which is what this thread is.

I grew up in Baltimore and hate
    Probably not the best word to start out a plea towards an unbiased reflection.

The first, second, and 3rd time I got jumped growing up
    Fool me twice...

were by groups of young black males who were either residents of the section 8 apartments they built next to my parent's nice neighborhood
    Some poor kids jumped a rich kid. It had nothing to do with you being white, it had everything to do with the fact that you were an easy target. Having grown up a truly poor kid, I can tell you who wins that fight, almost every time. Reference the sport of boxing and the socioeconomic beginnings of the majority of fighters, if you have any doubt.

The people who got my friends into drugs and terrorized my middle and high school were black kids
    Your friends were all black kids? Because that's the ONLY way black kids got your friends into drugs. If you want black people to take responsibility for themselves, you have to hold your upper middle class white buddies accountable for their own weaknesses and decisions. Unless they were kidnapped and forced into a regiment of drugs, your claim is ridiculous. They got themselves into drugs. How dare you blame anyone else for their indiscretion!

despite all that I've managed to maintain long-standing friendships with people of many different races (including black) and never really held a grudge
    Yes you have. That's why you continue to blame blacks for your buddies doing drugs. That's also why a group of blacks at a store scared you into going into flight mode.

I took the kids to the local market to get dinner supplies and noticed an out of place group of 5 black males in the store being loud and obnoxious
    Out of place how? They didn't meet your criteria for a normal shopper? Loud and obnoxious is subjective. Can you be more detailed as to what they were doing? It's not a library, it's a store. Also, what does this have to do with them being black? Go to youtube, lookup "public freakout" and witness all kinds of people losing their minds.

I didn't pay them any mind and went about my business.
    Noticed, but paid no mind, is a paradox. If you "noticed them" and took note of their "loud and obnoxious" actions, you did pay them some mind, and you likely changed your behavior and body language, and they saw it.

After we checked out they left without buying anything and I noticed them piling into a brand new Mercedes SUV as I loaded up the kids and groceries. Once again, I didn't interact, stare, etc…just stayed situationally aware as I have been trained to do.
    You've been trained to stay situationally aware of shoppers getting into their cars? Interesting. Sounds to me like you were at least mentally fixated on them, and likely visually as well. Otherwise you can't claim that you were situationally aware. That's a LOT of energy you were spending thinking about them by this time. If they didn't feel that type of energy, they weren't human.

They pulled out after me and, after a few turns, I realized that I was being followed. Just to make sure I wasn't being paranoid I made a few more random turns and they stayed with me. My high ground was the local playground; which I knew had surveillance cameras and would probably have a crowd (which I hoped would deter them)…so I drove there with my CCW in my lap.
    You weren't being paranoid? Well uh, you were heading for "high ground" with cameras and a crowd which you "hoped would deter them" with a gun on on your lap. You'll have to forgive me but it sounds to me like you were scared shltless of these dudes, and they hadn't even said a word to you.

As I started to turn in they floored it, sped by me, and the rear passenger made a gun gesture at me with his fingers out the window as they sped off between the corn fields.
    Ok, so? There's a damn good chance that by the time they had been profiled and situationally categorized as a threat with no basis that they felt it would be appropriate and quite frankly entertaining to qualify your fears. There's also a very strong possibility that it meant absolutely nothing, and that you're blowing the encounter out of proportion.

Were my kids and I victims of a hate crime?
    NO. You were a victim of irrational fear, and your kids were students of that line of thinking.

They really don't know how lucky they are to have sped away when they did
    Tough guy! Ever shot anyone? If these guys that scared you so much actually were something to be afraid of, riding around in a brand new mercedes, weilding your peashooter would likely do nothing but guarantee you and your children's demise. You were far outnumbered by capable assailants. If you had a real fear that they were stalking prey, your only option to protect your family was to run.

My only regret is not being able to get a tag # (in PA we only have rear tags).
    What would you have done? Reported them for shooting you with his finger gun? LOL.

They sensed your fear and played on it. Nothing more, nothing less. Was it wrong of them? Yep. Was it racism? Nah, just nature.

This post oughta get you guys going. Chances are you will misinterpret my position on racism because of my opinion of the encounter. There's just honestly SO much to say here about race and class that I'm having trouble finding a place to begin. As a kid that grew up desperately poor, I fit every single stereotype that gets planted on poor black kids. It's ALL about money, and the anger that the "have nots" harbor for the "haves". My position on such matters is generally one of solidarity in this particular forum, because like to hear it, admit it or not, the vast majority of you guys come from at least moderately affluent background, and have no place of observation to begin to empathize with those that do not. It's two completely different worlds. I could describe levels of poverty that would cause you to look down on me, probably already have. I've been starved and beaten, witnessed intravenous drug use beginning at the earliest age of memory, raised in rathole trailer parks where getting into fights, selling drugs and stealing was just a normal every day occurance. My outlook and observation is bound to be different than the vast majority of members here, and I honestly don't have the energy to fight my way out of a circle of people that can only look to the other side of that circle and see another rich white dude with the same amount of fear as the next.

I noticed them........ Once again, I didn't interact
    How bout next time, try saying Hi guys! Have a great day!

If you're not too scared.

--
    Lincoln is the guy who gave us the overbearing federal government. We could have avoided war all together and offer compensatory relief on the freeing of slaves similar to what happened in South America. The war was based on federal vs state and Progressive Republican vs conservative democrats.

If Lincoln was alive today he would be right there with Obama and the Clintons
    You got it buddy.

"My paramount object in this struggle is to save the Union, and is not either to save or to destroy slavery. If I could save the Union without freeing any slave I would do it, and if I could save it by freeing all the slaves I would do it; and if I could save it by freeing some and leaving others alone I would also do that." -Abraham Lincoln-

--

What is Reverse Racism?

Content deleted
    Last edited by RamsesRibb; 08-12-2016 at 08:39 PM.

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //